2011 Pac Wide

GA_BOY_N_AZ

Gorilla Pimp since 1987
I know that Tom Costello is over there in Korea where Tommy May (the Drash dude) stages out of, and I have no reason to doubt what Tom say's, he's always been straight with me, and he may have more current info than I do but...Everything I stated in my post above came straight from Tommy May's mouth and he referenced conversations he had with Jeff Jackson the main Drash softball dude in the states (and Scrapulators backer...) So the way I see it, that is info straight from the horses mouth.

Being able to hit those bats (U-trip Titans) or your own ASA bat for that matter with Trump softballs would be FUN! Hitting ****ty ass ASA Eastons with sorry ass .50 cor softballs would be garbage!!!

Mase, I know your an Easton supporter and you have Jeff Jackson in your back pocket but PLEASE, PLEASE don't let Bennie stack up a bunch of Eastons behind home plate and mandate that we swing them...The PAC-WIDE has always been a blast to play in because we hit Blue Dots and our own bats. It sucked a little when Bennie switched from Blue to Gold dots but it was still OK. If you want to do the mandatory Easton bat thing with the rec division then have at it but you gotta leave the the open division alone and let it be OPEN!

We don't need this to turn into the Armed Forces tournament for god's sake! What's next, no drinking between games?

I understand having the drash warfighter bat supplied but if you allow 1 utrip bat why not let em all go.

CGT #10

Addicted to Softballfans
I understand having the drash warfighter bat supplied but if you allow 1 utrip bat why not let em all go.

I hear ya GA Boy...my personal opinion is to just swing ASA bats but The bat has Drash's name on it and they put up A LOT of money for this tournament to happen so why not?. It takes a while for a stock Worth to break in so it would be somewhat safe...If you opened it up to allowing people to bring their own u-trip bats you'd be asking for trouble.

Zip, Zip!!! Light Sabers for everyone!

GA_BOY_N_AZ

Gorilla Pimp since 1987
Yup everybody would be Luke Skywalker standing in the box. They are putting up alot of cash too so one little tweak to the rules isn't so bad.

Chubby_43

I know that Tom Costello is over there in Korea where Tommy May (the Drash dude) stages out of, and I have no reason to doubt what Tom say's, he's always been straight with me, and he may have more current info than I do but...Everything I stated in my post above came straight from Tommy May's mouth and he referenced conversations he had with Jeff Jackson the main Drash softball dude in the states (and Scrapulators backer...) So the way I see it, that is info straight from the horses mouth.

Being able to hit those bats (U-trip Titans) or your own ASA bat for that matter with Trump softballs would be FUN! Hitting ****ty ass ASA Eastons with sorry ass .50 cor softballs would be garbage!!!

Mase, I know your an Easton supporter and you have Jeff Jackson in your back pocket but PLEASE, PLEASE don't let Bennie stack up a bunch of Eastons behind home plate and mandate that we swing them...The PAC-WIDE has always been a blast to play in because we hit Blue Dots and our own bats. It sucked a little when Bennie switched from Blue to Gold dots but it was still OK. If you want to do the mandatory Easton bat thing with the rec division then have at it but you gotta leave the the open division alone and let it be OPEN!

We don't need this to turn into the Armed Forces tournament for god's sake! What's next, no drinking between games?

Brother I couldn't agree more. You have the latest info I have. Last Tom told me was that we were only swinging Easton's. If they add the Titan's that would be great ass well. I'll swing those. I also emailed Mase to see what's up. But I heard the decision is riding with Jeff Jackson. So hopefully Mase bounces back in hear and says what's up. I would much rather swing my own broken in Bat. But it is what it is..

Rhodi#1

Addicted to Softballfans
This is sounding more and more like the GOODS (AKA advertsing) goes to the HIGHEST BIDDER????? Surely DRASH is the highest bidder and would win, correct? Their name is all over the world sponsoring military softball with the exception of Europe. Let the highest paying military contractor WIN!!!!!

J Acre AKA Rhodi
RAMS COACH

Rhodi#1

Addicted to Softballfans
Not hating just stating the perception. I am happy PAC-WIDE is still on it would have been a terrible loss to the Military Softball community. Besides as long as sponsors are lining up and jockeying to give away **** the better off it is for the military players/members, right? It'd be nice to get some love in Europe I'll admit but apparently we're selling the same product!

J Acre

Chubby_43

Bro, As far as I know Drash sponsors allot of teams over here. Some even without the Legion/Scraps/Guzzler names. So all you have to do is ask. I know they talked about sponsoring Yokota, and we have no where near the resume the teams above have..

Rhodi#1

Addicted to Softballfans
Yep exactly what I was told, so I asked 3 times.....Denied!

Like I said its all good at least military softball is getting love, no worries. Nothing on you for sure! GOOD LUCK AT PAC-WIDE!!!!

BAMAJACK

Star Player
All, here are the facts on the bats and balls for the PACWIDE.

There will be one each 26, 27, & 28 oz USSSA Worth "Warfighter" Titan (teams will be able to hit these on Thursday for batting practice to break them in (not that much will be needed) @ each of four fields for the players to hit if they want to, if not then they can use their own ASA bat.

The ball for the Open and Intramural divisions will be the Thunder ZN Stadium 47/450 (using this ball will take us back to the good ole days of the PACWIDE).

The ball for the Womens division will be the Worth Gold Dot 11"

I hope this clears up some of the confusion. I look forward to seeing whoever can make it over. It should be a great time.

Jeff

RT Addict

\m/NEED MORE COWBELL\m/

There will be one each 26, 27, & 28 oz USSSA Worth "Warfighter" Titan (teams will be able to hit these on Thursday for batting practice to break them in (not that much will be needed) @ each of four fields for the players to hit if they want to, if not then they can use their own ASA bat.

The ball for the Open and Intramural divisions will be the Thunder ZN Stadium 47/450 (using this ball will take us back to the good ole days of the PACWIDE).

I hope this clears up some of the confusion. I look forward to seeing whoever can make it over. It should be a great time.

Jeff

Good ball choice. Can't say anything about the Warfighter because I have never swung one. Regardless, should not matter much what stick you swing as the balls are decent.

Would love to make the trip, but alas, damn work is interfering with softball... AGAIN. Good luck to Guzzlers, Scrapulators, and Legion as well as all the other teams that are going to be there. Here's wishing everyone a safe trip, some great softball, and a ton of Chaddy Lites..... :D

dpgc213

GOT BUBBLE GUM
Thunder ZN Stadium 47/450 :eek: just as good if not better than the bluedot

there is a reason they call these things stadium rocks:D

Chubby_43

Jeff

WOW WOW WOW.. Better get your Chin straps on.. It will be bombs away..

dpgc213

GOT BUBBLE GUM
still deployed in the deid until july.....wont be at pacwide.....scratch me down for mill worlds in AUG.....all is gravy......

SRDerivan

The Veteran
WOW WOW WOW.. Better get your Chin straps on.. It will be bombs away..

Did you say "bombs away"? Did they move the fences to 280ft? That's the only way I'll hit'm.

I haven't hit 47/500 balls in 10 years. If I catch it just right....I'll be pushing 310ft!!!

bdub69

Is a bat P-I-M-P!
Did you say "bombs away"? Did they move the fences to 280ft? That's the only way I'll hit'm.

I haven't hit 47/500 balls in 10 years. If I catch it just right....I'll be pushing 310ft!!!

Nice avi there SRD, I wonder who shot that image.. That guy knows what he's doing..