2012 Detroit Tigers

Apoc13

getting too old for this
The lineup makes them contenders...but the pitching is a problem.... Obviously not as much as the red sox but still an issue

This team is Scary. I don't think they win will it all due to their lack of pitching, but it's possible one of the young guys steps up.

This team reminds me too much of the 01-08 Yankees. GREAT offence but sub par pitching with only 1 real dominant guy. They will be a force in the regular season, but in the playoffs their bats will go cold, and Verlander cant pitch every day.

dubes23113

Addicted to Softballfans
This team is Scary. I don't think they win will it all due to their lack of pitching, but it's possible one of the young guys steps up.

This team reminds me too much of the 01-08 Yankees. GREAT offence but sub par pitching with only 1 real dominant guy. They will be a force in the regular season, but in the playoffs their bats will go cold, and Verlander cant pitch every day.

Wow u have got to be kidding me! Pitching isn't bad and won't be the problem. Showed that last 2 games keep it close and you give your team the chance to win. Verlander will be JV, Fister will be fine and if any Max cld be the question but porcello looked good all spring more sink to his sinker and drew smyly will hold his own very consistent. Last I knew or looked u win 2 out of 3 in a series you will be just fine.

3XC

Big Truss
lol Fister.

Rusty Kuntz himself couldn't have had a better jersey.

Carry on.

3XC

Big Truss
DeCody ***g of Florida State Seminoles fame still wins. But the NFL won't give a ***g a shot.

dubes23113

Addicted to Softballfans
DeCody ***g of Florida State Seminoles fame still wins. But the NFL won't give a ***g a shot.

Guy who played in redsox minor league team in battle creek MI, when they played there, had the name of Ethan ******

Apoc13

getting too old for this
Wow u have got to be kidding me! Pitching isn't bad and won't be the problem. Showed that last 2 games keep it close and you give your team the chance to win. Verlander will be JV, Fister will be fine and if any Max cld be the question but porcello looked good all spring more sink to his sinker and drew smyly will hold his own very consistent. Last I knew or looked u win 2 out of 3 in a series you will be just fine.

pitching will be the problem in the playoffs....the red sox pitching was god awful and the tigers still could have lost two out of three because their pitching sucked...the tigers will win 95+ easy though

EdFred

every day I'm shovelin'
4-0 with the RBI coming from unlikely places today. Jackson drawing 2 walks? WTF.

Can this team open up better than the '84 team?

ihs

Wait, what?
4-0 with the RBI coming from unlikely places today. Jackson drawing 2 walks? WTF.

Can this team open up better than the '84 team?

Have to admit, I don't care how they start as long as they end like the '84 squad. :)

Brooks

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm calling the Tigers the "death squad". They are flat out nasty offensively and have solid pitching & defense too! Tampa cheated death today somehow...

cebarnold

Addicted to Softballfans
I think that the biggest question heading into the season was defense, especially w/ Cabrera moving to 3rd, no sure 2nd baseman (w/ Inge as the lead horse according to Leyland), etc. etc. So far it hasn't been an issue whatsoever - leading the league in fielding percentage.

Every team has a question mark. I'll take a question mark in the 3rd-5th rotation spots given that Fister's injury doesn't linger through the season. So far, other than a blown slow start by Valverde and a horrible start by Sherzer the pitching has been respectable. Not great (aside from Verlander) but enough given the lineup and contributions from players like Avila and Jackson.

The Tigers have a very scary lineup. If Boesch starts stringing some hits like today it's only going to be getting harder for other teams to keep up. I can't wait for the next 6 games against the Central.

AWall13

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone else dissapointed Inge's one homer just bought him 2 more months in the majors?

falko1266

Addicted to Softballfans
^^^ yeah kinda lol. I'm all for him being on the team, i'd just hate to see him be the # 1 guy at 2nd base. Then again if raburn and santiago keep hitting -.002 then Leyland really doesn't have many option.

phatmanswingin

Phat Member
Ok, I don't want to get too down on Leyland, he's done ok, but how long is he going to continue to run Raburn out there?????
As of 5/11 he's played in 27 of the 32 games, he's hitting .128!!!! He has 2 count them 2 RBI's and has scored a whopping 4 runs...WTF!!!!