2012 USSSA Military Worlds

thebestpr21

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for the clarification...I bet it was a blast...its a shame that tourney couldnt be finished...i bet those last 3-4 games wouldve been crazy...

We didn't play Semper. The whole day was rained out and Legion won "A". GI and Semper shared 3rd, while 2nd went to Scraps. It was a wild weekend, but enjoyed it. Congrats to Legion for a great tourney.

softballin101

Addicted to Softballfans
Since when does softball get rained out simply because of rain. It must have either been pouring or lightning. So, I assume it was a good tournament again? Good vendors came out to sell gear and did they do the icebreaker at Sharkey's again like they did last year?

AmmoDawg

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
It happens...the championship game at Southeastern Ammo Bowl was rained out in the 2nd inning. Would have taken 4 hours to get the fields back to game shape since there was no quick dry and more rain was on it's way.

kldaugherty65

Kosair Charities
Since when does softball get rained out simply because of rain. It must have either been pouring or lightning. So, I assume it was a good tournament again? Good vendors came out to sell gear and did they do the icebreaker at Sharkey's again like they did last year?

It rained all morning in panama and more to come. We left out at noon and it was still raining.

Yes, the icebreaker at Sharky's was awesome. A lot of teams were still playing because we had a rain delay that day also, but it was still packed.

demex69

Addicted to Softballfans
Correction, it was a 4 way split on the B division......in all fairness the last 4 undefeated teams were co-champs.......so it was Hood, Campbell, JNJ, and Air Force Senior softball

drpnbmbs

At the gym
Correction, it was a 4 way split on the B division......in all fairness the last 4 undefeated teams were co-champs.......so it was Hood, Campbell, JNJ, and Air Force Senior softball

Correction, it came down to run differential and that's what put us in first.

beerrun726

Starting Player
No we JNJ won B...It came down to Utrip total points and Power Ranking and JNJ is at the top of both...Congrats to DK and the Legion boys.

beerrun726

Starting Player
It can not go by run differential when you played more games than other undefeated teams because you didn't get a first round bye...By the way, DRASH picked up the tab to buy the other three teams rings. Class Act! I guess once they update the brackets it will be clear.

softballfan123

Addicted to Softballfans
In all fairness, Drash did the right thing by picking up the tab for the B division. The tournament was awesome as always nice seeing some of old friends, but the USSSA Director SUCKS big time. Jeff Miller won't/can't make a DAMN decision to save his own damn life.

Congrats:
Legion- A
Campbell, JNJ, Hood, Cambell -B
Whiting Fields, FBT- Intramural
Scraps- Over 40
Bragg- Coed
Womens???

Hope to see all teams in thier new divisions next year.

demex69

Addicted to Softballfans
Military Worlda

Correction, it came down to run differential and that's what put us in first.

Ok, if u wanna go wid dat........but at da end of the day, the other 3 teams got a ring also......and the way it was handled was bs.......either way congrats to all.......all four championship teams

drpnbmbs

At the gym
Ok, if u wanna go wid dat........but at da end of the day, the other 3 teams got a ring also......and the way it was handled was bs.......either way congrats to all.......all four championship teams

True story, I completely agree with this. But to say you took first because of year round points sounds like a regular season title, not a tournament. Not to mention take our last three games and we are still +33 runs. Hood was the only team even close to that.

44oki

Hillbilly
True story, I completely agree with this. But to say you took first because of year round points sounds like a regular season title, not a tournament. Not to mention take our last three games and we are still +33 runs. Hood was the only team even close to that.

Congrats, what was the runs allowed? Thats considered before runs scored.

beerrun726

Starting Player
Regular season? The points don't come from a schedule they come from how well you do in USSSA TOURNAMENTS. This should serve as a incentive to get teams to enter more tournaments before worlds. Also like mentioned before, Hood only played 3 games because they were seeded higher than Campbell. The reason for this is because they had more points. So you can not use the "We scored more runs" argument when you played more games....you should have scored more. It is just to bad we couldn't finish it out...

BIGPAPA33

ULTRA MEGA
My team had more " points " almost every year I was there, which in the end didn't mean anything except we played a lot of tournies.

drpnbmbs

At the gym
Hood 3 games 55 runs scored 24 allowed 10.3 differential
Campbell 4 games 77 scored 34 allowed 10.7 differential
jnj 3 games 50 scored 34 allowed 5.33 differential
Air force senior softball 3 games 53 scored 46 allowed 2.3 differential

Moody #21

SELF-EMPLOYED LAZY BUM
I agree! Classy move by drash to take care of the B teams like that! Thanks to everyone for the congrats. I am glad that we were able to finish the WB final vs the scraps. They are a damn good team, we just had some key hits and defensive plays. We just happened to be hot. It could've went either way. It was a wild one for sure. Semper and GI also brought very tough squads who easily could've won it as well. Hope everyone made it home safe.

Moody #21

SELF-EMPLOYED LAZY BUM
what about the teams that don't have USSSA in their area? Should they get punished too?

I am sure the west coast teams will have something to say... They are always at a dis-advantage due to the lack of a west coast military program and travel costs for worlds.

Sonny

I think the one good thing that can be taking away was the way the bats were handled. I thought that was great. Hopefully they continue to do that in the future.

chiefgator

Crafty Veteran
Someone said FBT was co-champs in the intramural. That is incorrect. Ft Sam Houston was co champs.
The ladies were split between Lady Bragg and Lady Warhawks I believe.

I was upstairs for quite a few of the conversations about what to do with the B. run differential could not be used because the teams did not play the same teams and more importantly, some of the games were stopped early on Sat night due to the rain. For instance, JNJ won their game Sat night 22-11 in 3 1/2 innings. By rule, JNJ should have been able to hit in the bottom of the 4 if nothing else.
The points could not be used as campbell has no real USSSA presence in their area to get points.

As much as a 4way split coChampions feels like kissing your sister, it was the most fair way to go.

PONY

Addicted to Softballfans
Congrats to legion....well deserved fellas!! We really, really, really, really, really, really wanted to finish this tournament!

See everyone in 2013!!

Congrats to the 4 teams listed below....see you all in varsity a in 2013!!

hood 3 games 55 runs scored 24 allowed 10.3 differential
campbell 4 games 77 scored 34 allowed 10.7 differential
jnj 3 games 50 scored 34 allowed 5.33 differential
air force senior softball 3 games 53 scored 46 allowed 2.3 differential