2013 23rd Annual Band-Aid Tourney

jOeyb00

Addicted to Softballfans
I emailed w/John Karagiannes last week. This is who had totruched base/stated they would be attendiung the 23rd Annual Band Aid so far....

Varsity
1) Wright-Patterson AFB- B
2) West Coast Drash/Gov't Issue- A
3) Scott AFB- B
4) Holloman AFB- B
5) Peterson AFB/Holy Cow- B
6) Schriever AFB- B
7) 2nd Amendment- B
8) Reloaded- A
9) Vance AFB- B
10) Coast2Coast/Milspec- A
11) JBSA-Lackland- B
12) Nellis AFB- B
13) DM/Overrated- B
14) Ft. Riley- B
15) Bad Intentions/BNT Ft Carson- B
16) Old Balls/New Sticks- A
17) Team Offutt- B
18) Kirtland AFB- B
19) Dyess AFB- B

Intramural
1) MDG Edwards AFB
2) 21st SFS- Peterson AFB

Wheres FBT, LUKE, CANNON, FT. LEWIS GUZZLERS, TRAVIS, FT. HOOD and the rest of the mil circuit at? Great tourney. From what I understand, its going to be set up like Vegas was last month. One big tourney and States so you have a shot @ doubling up on points. Think its a great idea. Also, they are discussing of possibly drawing up a HR DERBY bracket (up to 64 people). That sounds like it would be fun as well. More info to follow. I do know that John K. is putting in extra time to get this to run as seemless as possible like it has in the past. Last year had 24 teams. HOpe we can top that this year. Best Mil stateside toruney besides Worlds.

bashbro24

Back in the game
I emailed w/John Karagiannes last week. This is who had totruched base/stated they would be attendiung the 23rd Annual Band Aid so far....

Varsity
1) Wright-Patterson AFB- B
2) West Coast Drash/Gov't Issue- A
3) Scott AFB- B
4) Holloman AFB- B
5) Peterson AFB/Holy Cow- B
6) Schriever AFB- B
7) 2nd Amendment- B
8) Reloaded- A
9) Vance AFB- B
10) Coast2Coast/Milspec- A
11) JBSA-Lackland- B
12) Nellis AFB- B
13) DM/Overrated- B
14) Ft. Riley- B
15) Bad Intentions/BNT Ft Carson- B
16) Old Balls/New Sticks- A
17) Team Offutt- B
18) Kirtland AFB- B
19) Dyess AFB- B

Intramural
1) MDG Edwards AFB
2) 21st SFS- Peterson AFB

Wheres FBT, LUKE, CANNON, FT. LEWIS GUZZLERS, TRAVIS, FT. HOOD and the rest of the mil circuit at? Great tourney. From what I understand, its going to be set up like Vegas was last month. One big tourney and States so you have a shot @ doubling up on points. Think its a great idea. Also, they are discussing of possibly drawing up a HR DERBY bracket (up to 64 people). That sounds like it would be fun as well. More info to follow. I do know that John K. is putting in extra time to get this to run as seemless as possible like it has in the past. Last year had 24 teams. HOpe we can top that this year. Best Mil stateside toruney besides Worlds.

Hood wont make it joey. We get NO funding from post not even vans. We are paying all out of pocket and with a bunch of younger soldiers they cant afford it. Good luck to everyone. It is a great tournament though.

tiger10kga

Intramural All-Star
Sandbagging

I'm pretty sure the requirement to play as a Varsity B team is that all members of the team be from the installation. Peterson and DM are both legitimate B teams.

FUPA

Addicted to Softballfans
Not sure Im going to make it. Work has changed alot of plans for alot of us throughout the summer. Got to love budget cuts..ie contractors going bye bye

jOeyb00

Addicted to Softballfans
Not sure Im going to make it. Work has changed alot of plans for alot of us throughout the summer. Got to love budget cuts..ie contractors going bye bye

That is no bueno my friend. Hope it works out.

Rocket57

Addicted to Softballfans
USSSA shows double elimination tournament. John's email stated that it would be 6 games. $325 for 6 games is a pretty good deal.

last year was a 6GG as well but wasn't near what they're charging this year

am I wrong? could be considering the guy who was coaching us last year was...quite the character

Last edited:

tiger10kga

Intramural All-Star
Really?

Are we really bitching about paying $325 for a 6 game tournament?! I'm sure John could run it for $175 but you aren't getting umpires or new balls. Come on now. Around here you pay $350 for a double elimination tourney so paying a little less for 6 games is not bad at all.