1:15pm
1st Ward Field - Big Als VS Hogans

Double Elimination Starts at 2:30-2:45

2 Day Tournament
Double Elimination
Entry Fee: $175/team
6 - 10 ft Arc
1-1 Count (Courtesy Foul)
Mercy: 15 after 5, 20 after 4(must finish inning)
.52/300 Balls
ASA bats and balls
Mats and Plate are strikes
1 Courtesy runner inning
1 Hr an Inning (Out after 1)

To Enter call or text Tex Wilson 607-621-0351

Cash Payout Based on number of teams

Addresses:

First Ward Park
Seymour Ave, Binghamton, NY 13901

Veterans Park
1091 Vestal Ave, Binghamton, NY 13903

Last edited:

tpkelley66

Addicted to Softballfans
I used to play out there for many years. I have no idea who Tex Wilson is. tournament director I take it?
also, august 17 and 18 there's a tourney 15 min. from Binghamton but there's no payouts involved.

albanystud4

Star Player
Your correct on both fronts. I'm Tex, and I am starting to run tournaments in the area. There hasnt been good "Paying" tourney around here in a long time so I started by setting up this one as well as one in Endicott in Late Aug or Mid September.
The no pay out tourney your talking about is the Umpires tournament in Conklin. And yes that is also one of the tournaments planned for Aug. You should bring a team or teams down and try to win some money! It will be a well run and fun tournament.

tpkelley66

Addicted to Softballfans
are you from/in the Binghamton area? yeah, the team I play on won the umpires tourney last year. quite honestly judging by the addy's you gave for the September tourney(I assume you have Schneider field above mcarthur park as well as 1st ward) that the Endicott tourney will be an easier one to run. back in '06 after the flood the umpires tourney had to be ran at those 2 fields and it was a P.I.T.A.
time doesn't allow me to do anything but the umpires tourney but lmk if you'll be there and i'll look you up and have a beer w/u.

AJ22

Super Moderator
Entry Fee: $175/team + Umps - $15 game (unless we use volunteers)

Cash Payout Based on number of teams
Estimates:
12 teams :
1st - $750
2nd - $350
3rd - $175

16 teams:
1st - $1200
2nd - $650
3rd - $300
4th - $150

Got to ask a few 'curious' questions ...

How does adding 4 more teams create $1025 more in prize money? My math says 4 teams @ $175 = $700 added? If you get say 14 teams, is the prize fund based off of 12 teams or 16 teams?

albanystud4

Star Player
These are simply estimates. The goal of the tournament isn't for me to make money, so I will pay out as much as I can.
So the more teams that enter, the more I will give out. Again this is not an exact amount, but it will be comparable.

albanystud4

Star Player
Only $175 per team. It looks like the teams are not going to have to pay the umpires. It will be volunteers this year. Sorry guys they wanted to charge me a couple thousand bucks for 2 umps on each field. I cant cover that sorry!