2013 Miken Ultra ASA viddd

touch415

YoU Ain't ReAdY
Got a chance to hit this bat with my buddy J, here goes his strokes with the ASA Ultra.... miken did a really good job on this ASA bat and its right up there with easton,demarini,tps, in performance, i will be posting a vid of me swinging it for us average joes,...lol....

Handle:
Stiff handle l

Endload:
balance 27oz

Feel:
bat felt very stiff huge sweet spot, good responsive barrel

Distance:
bat was clearing fence easy over 300+

Looks:
nice looking bat, with no clearcoat finish

Break in:
out the wrapper was hitting good

Durable:
added 200 cuts, with no sign of rattle with lil spiraling looks like its going to last, was hitting a mixture of 300, 375, 400 and evil bp balls, and a few blue dots...so i'm rating it a 9 so far..

Tone bp:

Last edited by a moderator:

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
imo vids of mashers hitting 350' shots is just for show and doesn't give a true representation of how the bat performs....with that swing it looks like this guy cld go yard w/a miken edge....

what balls is he hitting, sounds like a frickin rock

Johnny T

ADD & OCD on SBF
Hey PETA called and said quit killing the squirrels in the trees & damging the parking lot with those bombs:D. What compression balls were u hitting & how many cuts were on this stick when u shot this?

touch415

YoU Ain't ReAdY
imo vids of mashers hitting 350' shots is just for show and doesn't give a true representation of how the bat performs....with that swing it looks like this guy cld go yard w/a miken edge....

hahahahahah....i hear you, but this bat is legit performs pretty good, very nice feel, huge sweet spot....balls used were a mix 300,375,400.......

tap2284

Watching baseball somewhere
I know he did... we AZ boys will make a good video this time and I might just wear both my arms sleeves in his honor

touch415

YoU Ain't ReAdY
just posting my cuts up, wasnt trying to mash like my buddy plus his beast, i'm just baseknocker and hit them out here and there...lol...

touch415

YoU Ain't ReAdY
I'm debating between this or the fu dawg. Any advise?

i'm demarini fan, i havent swung the fu dawg yet but i own the flipper which i luv for the mush ball it kills them, but this miken got me amaze how it hit... miken is suppose to be coming out with another asa bat called the trizone with a 2piece which it suppose to be a better bat then the ultra very curious on that bat with a thin haddle, i'm pretty sure that thing is going to kill.. ...

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
looking for a comparison to the recoil,og flex and the z's..etc. etc... have one but dont think i will get to swing it much up here in minnesota till april...

touch415

YoU Ain't ReAdY
looking for a comparison to the recoil,og flex and the z's..etc. etc... have one but dont think i will get to swing it much up here in minnesota till april...

man i swung a lot of different bats can't compare it to nothing, but maybe the new dc41 with a balance feel but i thought this bat perform better then the dc41..

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
man i swung a lot of different bats can't compare it to nothing, but maybe the new dc41 with a balance feel but i thought this bat perform better then the dc41..

thats what i was looking for... just basically if it performs better then the pre asa bats..

nice swings to by the way..

Kaji

Addicted to Softballfans
Does it feel really balanced or does it have a little end load in it?

Man, I'm kind of glad the ultra seems to be a good ASA bat. I wasn't going to be happy about spending 200+ on a flipper, z2k, or easton to have a good bat that hits the 52/300 ball.

Roundin4

Hit it and Sit it

The Edge was a great bat;)

M

MJL 00

i'm demarini fan, i havent swung the fu dawg yet but i own the flipper which i luv for the mush ball it kills them, but this miken got me amaze how it hit... miken is suppose to be coming out with another asa bat called the trizone with a 2piece which it suppose to be a better bat then the ultra very curious on that bat with a thin haddle, i'm pretty sure that thing is going to kill.. ...

I thought it was called the Triad???? But i also heard was suppse to be tter then Ultra but was made for 52 ball just like Flipper. :confused:

cuban

Addicted to Softballfans
Just ordered my ASA ultra from the store here hopefully about mid Nov when my ankle is strong enough i will put some swings on it.

touch415

YoU Ain't ReAdY
I thought it was called the Triad???? But i also heard was suppse to be tter then Ultra but was made for 52 ball just like Flipper. :confused:

thats correct its called the triad, my bad...lol.... yah i heard the same thing from my buddy about the triad....

M

MJL 00

I lost all respect for Miken til got my NXT(love my Maniac 484 and NRG 500). Was told they were junk but traded a guy, and BOOM this thing is sick. Funny how one person hates a bat and next thinks its the next big thing...I personally try it and if dont like sell, if like keep, 30 some bats later like what I swing hahaha...FYI ive got every brand can think of, two piece, once piece, EL and bal, shell bats. Kinda a bat ho i guess