2013 the one senior

T MAN

Addicted to Softballfans
I called Demarini and the 2012 and 2013 is the exact same bat with a new paint color.The number at hq is 773-714-6400. The 2012 model can be had for 139.

dynatone

Addicted to Softballfans
I got that from CS too a month ago . . . . .but the 2012 and the 2013 ARE NOT the same bat with different paint.
I have both in my possession and they ARE NOT the same bat.

I've talked with the product people (factory hitters) and they confirm it IS NOT the same.

The 2012 is a balanced bat and early production had some paint flake and breakage issues. Mine was purchased last August and have no paint flake issues, still going strong.

The 2013 has a half ounce end load, performs better than the 2012 and has better longevity.

CS is normally exceptional, but they are missing on this one.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Last edited:

Ken07

DeMarini/Wilson Sports Senior Pro
I have swung both as well and you can feel a bit more endload on the 2013 over the 2012. Also they say they changed the bat a bit to add some durability, but tweaked it so it actually outperforms the 2012. The 2013 I swung had 100 swings on it and had amazing performance. Not near the feel of the very flexy senior Geezer previously out. The Senior One seems to me to have alot less handle flex and swings very smooth with little vibration. A great stick. I also bought some 2012's and that is a great bat, very similar and at a great price now. As a side note, for ASA I recently bought two RD28's and these bats live up to the hype they have as one of the best ASA bats for distance and performance. They too are different from the Geezer and Juggernaut ass they have alot less handle flex, and easy to control.

Old JB

Addicted to Softballfans
Looking at the 2013 One Senior also need a ASA bat. Which ASA bat swings closest to the Senior One?

Thanks in advance.

Ken07

i do think the older rd28s do swing similar..they are great..stiff handle...I bought two here on the buy sell board..for 325 and 275..havent swung any of the new model ASA demarinis.

dynatone

Addicted to Softballfans
Currently, the Sunday Swagger is the ASA bat you need. There is a short run ASA bat available next week called the Flipper that is the pet bat of Kevin Filby.

Check out the main Demarini thread for details. There is a sticky at the top that talks prices and specs and then LOTS of threads about both. Check them out.

ace42850

Addicted to Softballfans
Got a Senior one based on the positive comments I have seen here. Hits like a log! It is NOT hot out of the wrapper. Any input on if and when this will kick in???

Got a Senior one based on the positive comments I have seen here. Hits like a log! It is NOT hot out of the wrapper. Any input on if and when this will kick in???

damn I hate seeing this mine just came today I'll know this weekend.I hope it a good bat I have 2- 27oz. u-2's and they suck.My booger have more pop than either of the new u-2's.

Ken07

Miine senior ones were decent out of the wrapper but they did take 75-100 easy swings to break in for me..and they improved alot by then..so I thought there was a break in period on this bat. The seinor ones feel even more balanced than the ultras to me and the heaviest they have is a 30ozer, and in my opinion that bat swings super balanced and feels light for a 30. Also I have a 28oz senior One and it feels lighter than most 28s in other senor bats. I swung 28 and 30oz ultra2 maxloads previously...and have a 28oz white centenarian.

I like the reebok but mine's is yellow endload......and it just dont fit my swing as well as the u-2 or balanced bat.But it has good pop a lot better that these sorry u-2 I have

playerpiano7

Outstanding Bad Dealer
Def NOT true at all bro...the 2013 One.SR is FAR more durable and the paint doesn't fall off like it did on the first one. I put probably 40 swings on my dad's and it's still not game ready...if I took 40 swings with the old one it would be busted for sure.

Sometimes the people who answer the phones don't know that much about the details LOL though they should.

LT44

Addicted to Softballfans
I hit my 28oz 2013 Senior One in tourney all day today and was very surprised at how well it hit. I normally swing the 28oz EL Reebok but I didn't want to blow up my gamer (450-475 swings) in a local tourney. So I took the opportunity to hit the Demarini. My best swing went about 375ft. Not bad considering the bat had maybe 30 swings on it. Just an opinion but this bat may be the real deal.../W

bigcat21

THE OFFICIAL SBF SALSERO
The 2013 SR1 is legit.. I got to swing LT44's 28oz in the AM BP from the backstop area before our game and was half-swinging and hitting the top of the LF fences.....
the endload feels very good and just like a 28EL should feel... I will be getting a 30oz on this model.. And yes LT did hit a bomb off of my Pitcher.. LOL! good shot Brother... ;)