2014 Baltimore Orioles

DRock88

What's the problem here?
This thread was hard on Harper. I only brought him up as an example of the hypocrisy in "unwritten rules". Play hard, but not too hard. Run that grounder out, lazy. But don't even sway an inch outside of the baseline to break up a double play, you heartless tryhard. I prefer to label things as Bush League in lieu of pointing at "unwritten rules". If you yell in the 3rd baseman's face as you're rounding it on a towering pop tart, that's Bush League. I don't think that's an unwritten rule. It's idiotic. Yea, you, A-Rod.

Stretch19

Grow up
yelling at the 3b trying to catch the pop up wasnt even the most bush league thing that tool bag has done on the field

3XC

Big Truss
This thread was hard on Harper. I only brought him up as an example of the hypocrisy in "unwritten rules". Play hard, but not too hard. Run that grounder out, lazy. But don't even sway an inch outside of the baseline to break up a double play, you heartless tryhard. I prefer to label things as Bush League in lieu of pointing at "unwritten rules". If you yell in the 3rd baseman's face as you're rounding it on a towering pop tart, that's Bush League. I don't think that's an unwritten rule. It's idiotic. Yea, you, A-Rod.

Thats even less bush than trying to slap the first baseman's glove.

Anyway, Bryce Hype-r is already a disappointment. Not to me, he's exactly what I thought he'd be, but the legions of fanboys are sad because he hasn't won an MVP yet. He did win ROY with 60 RBI as a corner outfielder however, which goes to show you how much the media ****rides this guy. He put up "down year Nick Markakis" numbers and won.

3XC

Big Truss
So a guys age modifies his numbers? His 60 RBI were really 90 and the Nats really did win a postseason series, because he was 19. I don't give a damn if he was 8 years old. He won because Trout was in the other league. Wade Miley had a better year but the voters seem to think starting pitching is less important than playing left field. Winning 16 games as a rookie is more impressive than batting .270 and driving in 59 runs, sorry. .270 and 59 RBI is totally pedestrian.

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
After thought I'm taking Harper for a turn around season..... He will bust out with a .285 and 33 dingers this year and continue to be solid for a long career.

3XC

Big Truss
I'll let it ride.

Fewer than 400 plate apperances, fewer than 30 HR, bats under .275, fewer than 75 RBI, does something douchey.

3XC

Big Truss
I'm more concerned about Stanton, who is actually what people thought Harper would be: monster tape measure homers, impact offense, cannon arm, all that. He got his cantalope caved in and if his career takes a dump now, that will be one of the biggest "what ifs" in baseball history.

skew12

I'm more concerned about Stanton, who is actually what people thought Harper would be: monster tape measure homers, impact offense, cannon arm, all that. He got his cantalope caved in and if his career takes a dump now, that will be one of the biggest "what ifs" in baseball history.

This could possibly be even worse than Griffey. Although he'll make the HOF, but he could have done a lot more if it weren't for the injuries.