2014 Baltimore Orioles

3XC

Big Truss
Britton has been working hard to get all his mechanics in order and his stuff is so much nastier this year than in previous seasons. I don't know if he has the composure to close, but that would be my first choice if I were Showalter.

95 mph left hander with a 2 seamer that rides up and in to lefties. Nasty breaking pitch. Hits 95-96 on the gun. There aren't too many guys in all of baseball with that skill set. If this guy had command of all his pitches, he'd be Sandy Koufax.

Gateway Man

Addicted to Softballfans
3XC, I knew it was gonna happen before it did and that is why I was so frustrated with my rant. Its like you play the whole game with the lead for nothing when you put him in.

3XC

Big Truss
It sucked real bad but Cabrera is the best hitter in the game. Not really a debate there.

3XC

Big Truss
So Britton was, well, absolutely dominant in the 9th last night.

Please Buck, don't overthink this.

3XC

Big Truss
Britton is looking like the everyday solution to close games.

How about that comeback? Schoop had a day. Maybe he's another power bat.

Only good side of Wieters being hurt: maybe his market price will drop with this injury and Baltimore can pursue him in FA. Maybe. Probably not.

3XC

Big Truss
Steve Pearce's WAR is the same as Davis' this year with fewer at bats lol.

Wieters is a switch hitting gold glove catcher. He is irreplaceable. Davis is awesome but he will never be a 50 HR guy again and as the Orioles proved in free agency this year, getting a power hitter isn't really hard. Well its not easy but its easier than getting a GG catcher, also Wieters is like the only high first round pick that panned out for the O's since like, Mike Mussina. (and they got many cause they sucked bad for a while)

I am #23

yakub
weiters never has and may never be a great hitter but hes going to expect to be paid like one. at least with davis you can expect power (which weiters doesnt have) and run production, and hes a plus first baseman. i would love to have both but that not realistic. neither is steve pearce replacing davis on a full time basis

3XC

Big Truss
Well no, obviously Pearce isn't, I was just saying that offense is easier to get than GG catching. Wieters doesn't need to be a great hitter to be a great player. Watch what he gets on the open market. Other than Yadier Molina there really isn't anyone out there at the position who would get more money. Maybe McCann.

I am #23

yakub
buster posey.

someone is gonna break their bank for weiters, no doubt. imagine next years lineup with no davis, no cruz but you have weiters. not exactly exciting.

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
machado is a huuuuuuuuuge *****. that kid definately let all the hype get in his head

I was a huge fan of his up until a few days ago. That tag wasn't out of line at all. Somehow that motivated him to smile after hitting a catcher twice then throw his bat at an infielder.

For those of you that didn't see it.

Manny-Machado-Orioles-throw-bat-060814.gif

Manny-Machado-Orioles-throw-bat-umpire-060814.gif

3XC

Big Truss
thats what im saying. they threw at his knees twice, he threw a bat at them. big deal.

They threw at the knee that was just surgically repaired less than a year ago. Commentary from most of the turd contingent about "class" always seems to omit that very key point. Its not as if Machado's knee injury and surgery and rehab is some secret in baseball circles. Did the pitcher know about it? Absolutely. Where guys who throw at batters intentionally usually aim? Between the shoulder blades. Aiming at his knee not once but twice? He should have turned around and caved in the catchers head with the bat.

trip

stfu

machado is acting like he's derek jeter, a 20+ year seasoned vet. i bet he bitches when a first pitch strike is called on him too. he's a third baseman, he should know that if you try and apply a soft tag to an evading runner you might miss.

machado is a *****. he whacked their catcher on the head on his backswing and didn't even ask if he was all right, just stood there and smiled. didn't even bother looking to see where the bat he threw went, he just stared down the pitcher. yall got another carl everett in the making.

but this is from the outside looking in.

Last edited by a moderator:

DRock88

What's the problem here?
I can't really think of anything that could happen on a baseball field that would warrant hitting a catcher with a bat or throwing a bat at a pitcher. Ok, so the guy threw at his bad knee. Was his life in danger? Was his family's life in danger? I don't see how you can reasonably justify his actions at all. The next time somebody bumps into me, I'm gonna shoot them.

trip

stfu
hitting someone in the knee will hurt, but if the orioles are convinced it'll re-tear his ACL, they need a new team physician

nobody mentioned chen chucking one at donaldson's head. not sure if he hit him or not, but he took it like a professional

TrainWreck209

Hardcore since '84
They threw at the knee that was just surgically repaired less than a year ago. Commentary from most of the turd contingent about "class" always seems to omit that very key point. Its not as if Machado's knee injury and surgery and rehab is some secret in baseball circles. Did the pitcher know about it? Absolutely. Where guys who throw at batters intentionally usually aim? Between the shoulder blades. Aiming at his knee not once but twice? He should have turned around and caved in the catchers head with the bat.

That is the dumbest ****ing thing you have ever posted...that I've seen. They threw at Donaldson's head. **** that ******* knee. But I guess I would throw a temper tantrum too if I was getting worked over by a better team. Throwing the bat was funny but hitting Norris on the backswing twice was the biggest joke.

3XC

Big Truss
Gnash tyme, gnar gnar, you can't do that to MY team, yeah, **** that guys knee!

If the Oakland A's had drafted Machado you'd be wearing his jock around your face like a Big Van Vader mask. Fact is, he is a HOF level talent who is only 21 years old and is just coming off a catastrophic knee injury, and your scrub no-name pitcher threw at the injury twice. Calling guys slurs doesn't change any of that.