2014 Baltimore Orioles

3XC

Big Truss
Some say the Orioles power bats are now all right handed. Which is true. Considering how many other losses this team has taken in stride, I don't know how much that will matter.

aaronspector

3xc's Jewish AE
Some say the Orioles power bats are now all right handed. Which is true. Considering how many other losses this team has taken in stride, I don't know how much that will matter.

he doesn't crack our top 5 most needed players, maybe not top 7

3XC

Big Truss
Take away his 74620982092 strikeouts and Adam Jones will still swing at a 3-0 slider that bounces twice before rolling into his shoe.

Stretch19

Grow up
if you take away his HR they are still top 5 in HR sure, but they arent nearly the same lineup

no matter how you want to spin it, .196 average or not, its a big loss for the first two rounds of the playoffs

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
I had CD in fantasy last year and he carried me to victory with all those bombs. So I don't hate, granted for selfish reasons. That said, damn bro you just ****ed up. :richardshermansmirk:

Stretch19

Grow up
yall are ****ting on davis b/c hes hitting .196 but hes a big part of the team and a big clubhouse guy...hes a versatile IF who puts up pretty big power numbers despite striking out an outrageous number of times...

someone will step up in his absence just like they have after losing other key components of the team, but dont act like he is just expendable

Stretch19

Grow up
for what is worth, Adam Jones became the first Orioles OF to have 25 HR's and 80 RBI's in 4 consecutive seasons the other night

stork

Take away his HR's and they would still have a 1B that would hit at least 12-15 at minimum.

stork

Some say the Orioles power bats are now all right handed. Which is true. Considering how many other losses this city has taken in stride, I don't know how much that will matter.

fixed? dlmk

aaronspector

3xc's Jewish AE
yall are ****ting on davis b/c hes hitting .196 but hes a big part of the team and a big clubhouse guy...hes a versatile IF who puts up pretty big power numbers despite striking out an outrageous number of times...

someone will step up in his absence just like they have after losing other key components of the team, but dont act like he is just expendable

not expendable but we can win without him... there is a difference, but people gonna act like he is MVP of our team when he is simply not this year

Stretch19

Grow up
does "big clubhouse guy" mean he brings cupcakes for after the game?

juice boxes and orange slices, clearly

i don't think you understand what versatile means

i used it to represent changeable...is that sufficient?

the fact he played 3b after the O's lost Manny was huge, it allowed them to keep his bat in the line up while giving Steve Pearce and opportunity to play everyday and not have to use Ryan Flaherty...

what word should i have used to represent that?

Stretch19

Grow up
not expendable but we can win without him... there is a difference, but people gonna act like he is MVP of our team when he is simply not this year

i dont think anyone tried to give him the MVP award, this year or last year for that matter

of course the O's can win without him, they have won w/o a GG catcher and a GG 3b, losing Davis wont destroy them, but it certainly hurts

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
Paredes OBP is like 1.100 in limited duty.

And by OBP I mean OPS, here comes the nerd herd with their dustpan and broom to correct me.

his OPS is .981 since you mentioned it and yeah, like i said, the average and so forth goes up, but neither Parades or Flaherty is going to offer up near the HR threat that davis would, even hitting sub .200

i think it hurts to lose him, but the way this year has been, it wont matter...someone else will get the opportunity to play and someone else will come through, just like they have all year

Small sample size. His BAbip is not sustainable.