2014 Band Aid

edspanish

The Puerto Rican!!
Good luck to all next weekend. To my GI fams PLAY HARD, DO WORK AND HAVE FUN!! I wish I was there to support. I will definitely be out there next year.

Last edited:

Chode

Da Chode
When should it NOT take a full cut to hit a ball over the fence? We use those balls in league, and you are right... you have to step on it to get it out. But that is the way it should be. Mi****s should not fly over the fence.

firemanbutch

~Brag Post~ ;)
I'll second that...not a huge fan of those balls. Good thing we're playing at 5,000 ft elevation....:D

It's actually 6,000 ft ;) See you in a few days my man :D

When should it NOT take a full cut to hit a ball over the fence? We use those balls in league, and you are right... you have to step on it to get it out. But that is the way it should be. Mi****s should not fly over the fence.

This righ there ^^^^^ This is a great tournament. I swear, you guys will ***** at not having anything to ***** about. Let's just play ball and be thankful that we have this opportunity. I personally like this tournament because I get to see guys I don't normally get to see or play against. Smitty, can't wait to see you my man. Looking forward to getting out of this blistering heat down in NM. Supposed to be in the 70's and 80's all weekend in the Springs.....:bigok:

DE_FSA_Director

Extra Hitter
It was nice when this tourney was a well kept secret. It's great that it's gotten bigger and better, but the headaches that come with it are sometimes not worth the effort. This is a softball tourney, in a great location that brings friends together that I haven't seen in forever...

Safe Travels!!!

This righ there ^^^^^ This is a great tournament. I swear, you guys will ***** at not having anything to ***** about. Let's just play ball and be thankful that we have this opportunity. I personally like this tournament because I get to see guys I don't normally get to see or play against. Smitty, can't wait to see you my man. Looking forward to getting out of this blistering heat down in NM. Supposed to be in the 70's and 80's all weekend in the Springs.....:bigok:

Last edited:

jtquest

Manager
I guess it doesn't matter who you play first, eventually a team will play against each other if one continues to WIN but it sucks when the only two East Coast Teams (which we played against each other many time) will see each other early and on the same side bracket. Nevertheless, enjoy, be safe, good luck, God bless, and see your on the battlefield.

How do teams that didn't even play in the tournament last year get better seeding than the teams who did, if that is what the Friday tourney was based on? Some state director you all have in CO. Glad I don't play there regularly......WOW! Not sure how this was approved by the Band-Aid director. Disappointing

RedFalcon_27

Ball Collector

Haha...whatever. All I know is that it's high enough that my fat ass can't breathe by the time I get down to first base. See you at the ice breaker bro.

reid13

R2W!!!!!!! Look it up...
Here is the latest and greatest...... Everyone have a safe trip this week.

Coaches,

First off I want to say thanks for scheduling the 24th Annual Military
Band-Aid tournament on your schedule. We surpassed last year's record of 33
teams(22 varsity, 11 intramural) with 37 teams(25 varsity, 12 intramural).
I'm
not a message board reader and have been hearing from my guys that there has

been a lot of grumbling. Let me do my best to explain my method to the
madness. I asked Scott Cameron, USSSA Colorado State Director, to help me
with
the brackets. My goal was to seed the Band-Aid(Sat & Sun) by USSSA military
points. The next objective was to do my best avoiding similar match-ups as
the
Band-Aid on the Friday NIT. In doing that, we took into consideration the
Geographic's of the participating teams. Then I asked Scott to give the
highest finishing teams from last year's Friday NIT to get a bye, making it
a
little tougher on him.
I only had two request from coaches prior to the bracket being released.
One
was for a team getting a late start, did that. The other was to avoid the El

Paso and NM teams from playing first round, we did that. I thought Scott did
a
great job scheduling both NIT's.....more importantly I thought the brackets
were fair. You get a 5 GG, doing the best we can to avoid multiple match-ups

early in the tourney, for $325.
I will emphasize again that this is NOT Military Worlds. Since I have been
running the event for the last couple of years, I have done my best to
listen
to what the coaches/players want? You wanted two NIT's? I gave it to you.
There were a lot of complaints about the fields, I moved the tourney. We
have
had Band-Aid rules in place for years so I did my best to not fix what
wasn't
broken. I have already been ask with why not have a separate varsity A
division? Well some of the teams are varsity A solely on the fact they have
players/friends from multiple states, not just for talent purposes. This
tourney was set up for Medics and has grown to where we are now. I have been

told by some they enjoy this more than Worlds. That makes me feel like I'm
doing something right. People have already told me that now that we have a
turf complex they will find something else to complain about. I'm finding
that
out.
Some of the varsity rules have changed recently. Therefore, I'm open to any

suggestions that you guys have? This event would be nothing without the
teams
and players that attend every year. Just understand my point and be adult
with
your approach. Look at this tourney for its purpose first, we are all grown
men playing a game. I hope you guys realize that before making your
suggestions. Any changes now would certainly cause one team to be happy and
another team to be disgruntled. I will once again send out a recap after the

tourney asking for ways to improve the tourney. We are celebrating the 25th
Annual next year so I need to shoot high. I will sit down with my sponsors
and
do my best to improve the event. We are talking about adding a women's
division next year. I was also asked about an Over 40 division. I'm not sure

guys would want to come in on Thursday and play that?
I'm looking forward to a great weekend of softball. If you want to complain

or make suggestions, I'll be around all weekend. You don't have to use the
social media that I don't check, just contact me directly. We are hitting 8
HR's across the board in varsity, just like last year. There is no pitching
screen this season. Who cares what ball we are hitting, we are at altitude.
Those are a few things that I constantly hear about.
On a positive note it's a pleasure having both Mr. Miller and Mr. Hockey
out
here for this year's event, that's awesome in itself. I call that a win for
Colorado Military softball before we even throw a pitch or drink a beer. I
hope that you guys have a safe trip and look forward to hosting you and your

teams for the 24th Annual Band-Aid tourney. Please make sure that you have
your roster online and payment in full when you check in at the social. Holy

Cow is providing more weekend specials to include UFC fights on Saturday
night. We will have a table set up for the raffle and resale as well. I'll
see
you guys soon.

V/R
JK

John P. Karagiannes
USSSA Colorado Military Director,

DE_FSA_Director

Extra Hitter
One last note from the Band-Aid Director....

Please help me get the word out to your players on the park rules. I just signed the contract for the use of the fields. We need to respect their
rules in care of the new turf and continue the use of the complex.

. Observe all park rules and regulations; this includes all participants and parents with your organization. Violations may result in
additional fee assessments, the cancellation of rental, or probation for future permits.

The following rules are specific to Skyview. These are in place to protect the turf and ensure the longevity of the turf.
. No metal cleats, molded rubber or athletic shoes only. Athletic shoes or turf shoes are recommended.
. No food, including gum and sunflower seeds allowed in the park.
. No colored drinks on turf or in dugouts. This is a water only facility.
. No smoking or chewing tobacco, smoking is permitted in the parking lot only.
. No pets, bikes, scooters, skateboards, vehicles etc.
. Sport specific approved equipment only.
. No tents/canopies, stakes on batting nets, stake in umbrellas.
Nothing that can puncture the turf either on the fields or in the common areas.
. No outside coolers can be brought inside the complex.
. Any and all alcohol must be purchased from the concession stand on site. All other alcohol is against the rules and players can and will be
asked to leave. All alcohol purchased on site must be consumed within the complex.

tap2284

Watching baseball somewhere
No sunflower seeds? No gum? No Gatorade? No chewing tobacco? I understand they are trying to protect the turf but jeez..... What is softball without all of these?

HitThisMF

Addicted to Softballfans
A lot of crying and whining on here. I hope the players respond to some of this because I can promise you, they will all say they had a great time.

I helped facilitate the tournament being moved to Skyview because Peterson is horrible, and still you all complain.

B-Link #99

Retired Damage Controlman
Great Tourny John..looking forwad to next year.
Turf was awesome, balls were balls and umps were umps, lot of fun and lots of games and good weather (besides the wind)

AND NO FREAKING RAIN!!!!!!!

reid13

R2W!!!!!!! Look it up...
Great Tourny John..looking forwad to next year.
Turf was awesome, balls were balls and umps were umps, lot of fun and lots of games and good weather (besides the wind)

AND NO FREAKING RAIN!!!!!!!

Agree with Billy. I had a blast and thought John did a great job. Lots of HRs even with the Hot Dot, and umps are always gonna make mistakes especially in a one man crew. Some were better than others thats for sure. Looking forward to next year.

softballfan123

Addicted to Softballfans
Coming from the South to play in the midwest for the first time, we really enjoyed the tournament.
As with everything there are highs and lows.

Highs: Great tournament, Great fields, Good competition, balls were fine (anything else would have been ridiculous)

Lows: The altitude is freaking ridiculous (need oxygen mask at each field....lol), make the fields available for teams to hit at 0600, separate the B's and A's on Saturday or have the A's play the A's first and the B's play the B's. It would have been nice to see a B team make a run to the sitback game and possibly the ship.
1 hr gametimes hurt alot of teams.

Will try to come each year if possible, worth the trip.

JDKasper26

Addicted to Softballfans
Fantastic Fields...balls were flying and at times difficult to keep in the yard. Great competition with great friends. See you again next year!

T Ripp

<font color="gray">GDC SILVER STATUS MEMBER</font>
Coming from the South to play in the midwest for the first time, we really enjoyed the tournament.
As with everything there are highs and lows.

Highs: Great tournament, Great fields, Good competition, balls were fine (anything else would have been ridiculous)

Lows: The altitude is freaking ridiculous (need oxygen mask at each field....lol), make the fields available for teams to hit at 0600, separate the B's and A's on Saturday or have the A's play the A's first and the B's play the B's. It would have been nice to see a B team make a run to the sitback game and possibly the ship.
1 hr gametimes hurt alot of teams.

Will try to come each year if possible, worth the trip.

Fields where open at around 6:30am the time some guys and myself got out there and hit before our 8am game..

RedFalcon_27

Ball Collector
This tourney just keeps getting better and better. Loved the Sky View Complex as a whole...minus Saturday Night when they ran out of CO2 for the beer...haha. I think the moonshine filled that void nicely though. The wind is the same just about every year, at least at Sky View we had some fields where it was blowing out as opposed to Peterson where it seemed like it was always blowing in. Got to see a lot of people that I hadn't seen in years and make some great new friends. Can't wait for this one next year.

One thought: I know the Holy Cow has been the usual spot for the ice breaker as long as I have been coming to this tournament, but what about an ice breaker out at the fields with a HR derby (a la Pacwide)? I can tell you from experience, as I know some others can as well, that it is always a great time. Nothing better than watching guys drop bombs and drinking way too much beer at the same time. You could still do all of the drawings and would make a killing charging $10 or whatever for each entry. Just my .02.

softballfan123

Addicted to Softballfans
Fields where open at around 6:30am the time some guys and myself got out there and hit before our 8am game..

TRipp, not sure what field you were located at but the fields did not open til 0700 both days. My team came from out of town and with a 0915 game time, getting to the fields at 0700 meant limited time to hit especially with the teams playing at 0800.

softballfan123

Addicted to Softballfans
This tourney just keeps getting better and better. Loved the Sky View Complex as a whole...minus Saturday Night when they ran out of CO2 for the beer...haha. I think the moonshine filled that void nicely though. The wind is the same just about every year, at least at Sky View we had some fields where it was blowing out as opposed to Peterson where it seemed like it was always blowing in. Got to see a lot of people that I hadn't seen in years and make some great new friends. Can't wait for this one next year.

One thought: I know the Holy Cow has been the usual spot for the ice breaker as long as I have been coming to this tournament, but what about an ice breaker out at the fields with a HR derby (a la Pacwide)? I can tell you from experience, as I know some others can as well, that it is always a great time. Nothing better than watching guys drop bombs and drinking way too much beer at the same time. You could still do all of the drawings and would make a killing charging $10 or whatever for each entry. Just my .02.

^^^^^
Great idea!

firemanbutch

~Brag Post~ ;)

Yer tho thmart William :fing26::bounce: