2014 future or BBAM

DegoGiantsFan48

Addicted to Softballfans
Wanting to hear opinions on these bats. Getting either one as a return. Kinda torn tho. What are your thoughts

natedawg87

Baller
They are all exactly the same as the 2014 models. Plenty of reviews out there to read!

I would go with the Cluggy, but that's just personal preference

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
BB AM didn't do much for me but I'm sure it was a swing weight thing. I tried a 27 which doesn't typically work for me. Just seems like a shorter barrel version of the AM, not really end loaded like a Future or Juggy. Feels like a balanced short barrel on a light handle as opposed to the regular AM being a balanced long barrel on a light handle. Future feels like the end load is in the end cap and has a little bit softer handle than either AM. These are my feelings, please be delicate with them.

Chico_O

Bat Addict
I have have a '13 AM, '14 Cluggy and '14 Future and all 3 bats are flat out great bats, they all have their highlights, and feel-

AM feels more mid loaded to me, Cluggy slight endload, Future has a more pronounced endload, but all 3 hit the .44 and .52's great, I would say that all three are hot out of the wrapper, Cluggy gets hotter as you break it in, AM no break in period needed, and just gets nastier as it gets hits on it- I wouldnt hit it in temps less than 60 degrees in fears of cracking it.
The Future is GTG if you like an endloaded bat, I usually rotate between 4 bats depending on how long a day I have for playoff/tournaments etc.

In my honest opinion you wont go wrong with either of those 3 bats, they are all awesome- I'd say you can pick one, swing away, and drop some stones all over the place.

Prices new in wrapper, would be another factor, I mean retail for these are all up there, but the exclusives hold a higher price tag, so the Future and Cluggy would be the higher of the 3, where an AM can be had much cheaper, so if you really wanted, an option would be get one of the exclusives as your return, and then buy a niw AM since they are much cheaper- especially if you go with a '14 AM, they can be had a very good prices nowadays.

dubblrest1985

Starting Player
BB AM seems to be harder to find than the Future. I see Futures go for 200-225 all day, a few NIW but mostly used ones. NIW with receipt and returnable Border Battles are still near 300, used are about the same as the Future. Price wise I would say they are on par with one another, but BB is a bit harder to find.

The rest is up to personal preference, and Chico gave a good rundown of the "feel" comparison.

Pistol148

Addicted to Softballfans
I play mostly ASA 52/300 and couldn't be happier with my Future. Once it was broke in, it smokes that ball.