2014 juggy vs 2014 flipper am

mvfjet

Part Time Player
hey new member here. My wife and i play in a coed league and we noticed our teams single wall alloy bats arent cutting it compared to other teams bats.

I have found the Juggy and the flipper am on clearance for $180 and $200 each in 27oz form. Im more of screaming liner, 300 foot bomb hitter (250' with the alloy bat) She's more of a gap to gap singles hitter, if she gets any air under it its probably going to get caught.

My question is which bat would be better for both of our needs and hitting styles? i have read both can bomb the ball but according to demarini the flipper is 13 inches of sweet spot. thanks for any suggestions.

MPT23

Putting on the foil
hey new member here. My wife and i play in a coed league and we noticed our teams single wall alloy bats arent cutting it compared to other teams bats.

I have found the Juggy and the flipper am on clearance for $180 and $200 each in 27oz form. Im 300 foot bomb hitter (250' with the alloy bat) She's more of a gap to gap singles hitter, if she gets any air under it its probably going to get caught.

My question is which bat would be better for both of our needs and hitting styles? i have read both can bomb the ball but according to demarini the flipper is 13 inches of sweet spot. thanks for any suggestions.

Ok, 1st things 1st, no one can answer your question but you. Every answer you will get will be subjective to that person and have no bearing on you. Swing your bats and figure it out for yourself. #2) You are a member of this board now, and we all go 500 ft. with ease. No more talk of 300 ft. bombs

mvfjet

Part Time Player
unfortunately our league uses .44 cor 375 balls. i figure with 1 year warranty we'll be fine since i have read about durability issues if you use the harder ball.

glovinitup

Addicted to Softballfans
honestly I wouldnt do either then..lol. I would go with something older like a Flex or something but that is me. aftermath imo. ^^^ is right though it is based on your preference.

justwhippin

Addicted to Softballfans
imo juggy has more pop/distance but the am has a bigger sweetspot and might be better for a coed team

bruiser

Co-ed Rec league bat boy
Don't want an aftermath with those balls. True One and Mercy are also good options if you're sticking with Demarini. Like MPT23 said it's all about your preference. Try to swing a few different bats before you decide.

pears

Addicted to Softballfans
Buy a Cl22asa either '14 or '15. Hits the 44's very well and will last. Bruiser is right on too, maybe a Fu Dawg also

Livestrong63

Addicted to Softballfans
You should be able to get both bats for your wife but you may have to add a little cash. Not sure if anyone will take that straight across trade.

Chico_O

Bat Addict
For the price point and due to lack of popularity, getting a True One would benefit you both- and once broken in >500 hits, those things are animals.
Can pick them up cheaply these days...

jkwoody22

League ball huer
My 14 juggies are monsters, I'm getting better with them, still like my Cluggy the best but I've seen 52 hot dots fly with the juggs

bigrich951

Extra Hitter
You want something game ready and worth the money if you can find one for a good price I myself bought a 27 for the same reason

Recently got a aftermath for a good price took it to a game wasn't digging it maybe it's the 13 inch barrel... Took it to bp today and it started to feel good might game it again has about 120 hits on it and is just reaching juggys distance with only about 20 swings on it

14' Juggy > 14' AM Flipper

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
If hitting 44s and there's a possibility of becoming a team bat, I say get a Mercy. Hot and durable. Never mind that it's not available in 27oz. You'll get used to a 26oz quick enough. Excellent bat for team use and/or use against 44s.

If you can keep it from becoming a team bat, the Juggy launches 44s. But durability is not as good.