2014 Sleeper Bats of The Year

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
As 2014 comes to a end anyone has there pick for Sleeper Bat of The Year?

My vote goes to Boombah ASA BOSS 27oz. I feel that most that did not care for it or did not like it because it is NOT a Hot out the Wrapper bat it’s a stick that need around 600 hits to open up and then around 700+ then its straight on fire! Its 2 piece with almost no handle flexing and for $159 + a free bat backpack you can’t go wrong.

And after 700+ hits durability is very G2G with almost no signs of wear unlike other 2014 bats that you’re lucky to get 200 hits before paint cracking or just busting all together.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
M

MJL 00

The Boss has a second and third vote from me and johnnybravo6. I know most people look at the Boombah and just start laughing. Heck I did too but im known for trying a bat at least once, now I have 4 Bosses. If people just give them time they are unreal. :thumb:

The new digi Bosses are super s e x y IMO

Wolfynuts24

Jagoff
The fu-dawgy. I totally didnt expect the fu to be so spicy after I let my teamates beat the hell out of for a year and a half. Now she's just plain nasty after two full seasons.

Wolfynuts24

Jagoff
I say 2014 sleeper though cause after 2013 she was still sleeping. Plus the fu's considered a 14 model right?

Last edited:

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
True One, some know how good it gets but most don't, it's like a Fu Dawg for all associations.

1.2 BHose is a great bat for balanced guys, matched the 4TF imo.

Worth/Miken 2pc ASA sticks, these guys were written off for so long I don'tthink many know just how nasty these bats are.

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
The fu-dawgy. I totally didnt expect the fu to be so spicy after I let my teamates beat the hell out of for a year and a half. Now she's just plain nasty after two full seasons.

The Fu-Dawg is just one nasty MoFo and its my gammer with the BOSS as back up.

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
True One, some know how good it gets but most don't, it's like a Fu Dawg for all associations.

1.2 BHose is a great bat for balanced guys, matched the 4TF imo.

Worth/Miken 2pc ASA sticks, these guys were written off for so long I don'tthink many know just how nasty these bats are.

A lot of players want to write off bats because they are not showing signs of being the 2nd coming of CHRIST within 10 hits. But the same people see the bats performances then in the dugout ask you can I swing your bat next. :hitwithrock:

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
A lot of players want to write off bats because they are not showing signs of being the 2nd coming of CHRIST within 10 hits. But the same people see the bats performances then in the dugout ask you can I swing your bat next. :hitwithrock:

I really don't mind people swinging my bats when they have their own but this bugs me.

It would seem boombah's are just legits.

That's what I was thinking but they're made in china so it's not likely. Maybe Demarini and they are assembledover there too? I know Demarini gets the parts from China and puts them together in Oregon.

LRichards1978

The Rookie
All composite bats are made in China and the ones with the "Made in USA" labels are simply assembled here. Heavy emphasis on the quotes there.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Louisville Slugger Sonic+

Not great out of the wrapper, needs some break-in. So there was little fanfare when it was released. And it got completely overshadowed by the Z3000 and Z2000 RI. But after 500 hits with everything from Hot Dots to Blue Dots, mine's starting to get getting silly.

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
Louisville Slugger Sonic+

Not great out of the wrapper, needs some break-in. So there was little fanfare when it was released. And it got completely overshadowed by the Z3000 and Z2000 RI. But after 500 hits with everything from Hot Dots to Blue Dots, mine's starting to get getting silly.

Yeah like I said if a bat does not hit 400 feet with in 10 hits its crap to most.

Pretty

Softball is cool
Rumor I heard was the guy who designed the Boss was a engineer from worth but it is its own bat. Something about he was hired at boombah after he left worth. Not sure if there is any truth to that.

M

MJL 00

Rumor I heard was the guy who designed the Boss was a engineer from worth but it is its own bat. Something about he was hired at boombah after he left worth. Not sure if there is any truth to that.

Fine with me, never truly liked Worth but he did something right with Boombah
IMO.

Ferrari1

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey B-Real I was talkin with Travis Clark a little an those bats are suppose to get straight nasty!