2015 Border Battle

Chudder

Addicted to Softballfans
Is this going to be televised this year or streamed like last year?

My guess is it will be streamed, ESPN picked it up in the past because the were there already for the fast pitch. I don't believe there is fast pitch this year just like last.

gti44

Addicted to Softballfans
Cant wait. Last year was a great time! The players are really cool and down to earth guys. doesnt hurt its only an hour away from my house!

irishmafia

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm sure he was given a hard time as a kid and even as a young Airman. He's a CMSgt retired from the Air Force, I didn't have any problems asking him a question 11 years ago when he was an assistant coach for the All Air Force team. Props to both Chief Raper and Pup for representing our our country while wearing a different uniform.

Both are real good guys and very easy (don't go spastic over trivial ****) on the game.

I was at Eglin 11 years ago for the Armed Forces Championship.

irishmafia

Addicted to Softballfans
I guess mammoth home runs put butts in the seats, but I would rather see a game of skill and speed than watch yet-another-HGH-monster mash one out and walk to the dugout.

I agree. Home run derby can become boring real quick. There should always be some level of a limit on HRs.

BryonR41

Has anyone been to one of these? I plan on making the drive there on Wednesday. Wondering if they will have shirts/hats for purchase, food at stadium, etc.

Chudder

Addicted to Softballfans
Has anyone been to one of these? I plan on making the drive there on Wednesday. Wondering if they will have shirts/hats for purchase, food at stadium, etc.

They normally do have stuff for sale...

Come buy some Canada Swag!!!

Long Haul Bombers tour will be here too

Chudder

Addicted to Softballfans
Border Battle game has been moved to today at 730 pm because it's supposed to rain tomorrow.

Live stream here for all games today

Last edited by a moderator:

Tictac020

Addicted to BP
The dudley hycon zn 52/300 I am assuming??? And that's crazy to see a 375-400 ft bomb with a 52/300! I have hit a few in the 330-340 range with a 52 and I got ALLLLLL of it, just amazes me adding another 60-70ft on that!! Oh and thanks for the link chudder...

jhitman

The dudley hycon zn 52/300 I am assuming??? And that's crazy to see a 375-400 ft bomb with a 52/300! I have hit a few in the 330-340 range with a 52 and I got ALLLLLL of it, just amazes me adding another 60-70ft on that!! Oh and thanks for the link chudder...

Those Dudley Hycons fly. I have a few in my BP bag and we've hit them in the 340' to 350' range. To hit it 400' is amazing freakin' power.

mattya420

Manager
Last years event was great. Canadian teams played great, the fans were amazing. Hopefully Michigan can repeat last years success.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member

They've been using those balls for the last two or three years I believe. I can't hit it that far, but that's another reason why I chuckle when guys say things about the LHB not being impressive because of thin bats and golf balls. These guys do similar things in games with 52s so, yeah, I'm impressed.

jhitman

They've been using those balls for the last two or three years I believe. I can't hit it that far, but that's another reason why I chuckle when guys say things about the LHB not being impressive because of thin bats and golf balls. These guys do similar things in games with 52s so, yeah, I'm impressed.

I agree. Hitting softballs 400' with those more restricted flight softballs is amazing. I think the ones they use on tour are 53 cor 600 comp.

Last edited: