2015 CHICAGO CUBS!!!! (Offical thread)

bruckles

In Theo We Trust
Told you guys in Theo we Trust!!! He's making this come true. No matter how long it's taken to get here. We are making huge strides this off season towards years of playoffs and dominating the NL central. It may not be in 2015 but we are way closer than the last few years. This should be a great season to watch.

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
Yes, Excited about this season.... TBH I've turned games on and immediately watched that game go down the ****ter. I wonder sometimes.....

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
A lot of young talent the Cubs have. They're still a player or 2 away from really competiting. Maddon will be the right guy to get these dudes going in the right direction.

Last edited:

Country35

Banned User
Terrible team. Terrible area of town. Bunch of gay ass fans who don't the difference between the bullpen and a mug of beer. let's all wear suits and pretend we skipped work like ferris buuhler even tho we are unemployed hipsters livings off our parents winnetka money. The cubs wont win. They dont want to. They are profitable enough being the lovable losers. Worlds largest gay bar is dead on.

curveball

Addicted to Softballfans
Terrible team. Terrible area of town. Bunch of gay ass fans who don't the difference between the bullpen and a mug of beer. let's all wear suits and pretend we skipped work like ferris buuhler even tho we are unemployed hipsters livings off our parents winnetka money. The cubs wont win. They dont want to. They are profitable enough being the lovable losers. Worlds largest gay bar is dead on.

Hey Country, give 'em a little slack. Everyone has a bad century or 2!!!

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
I'd rather be around a couple gays then get stabbed or participate in mullet night at the cell.

bruckles

In Theo We Trust
Original picks from the early 2013

Ok we have a new manager (Rickey Renteria) the GM meetings/winter meetings are on the way.

I made these predictions in the winter of 2012. Let's hope they continue to come true and the Cubs have a great off season and begin 2014 on the right foot. Let's have a winning season next year and make great progress.

71-90 (2013) sell off like 2012 after the break / Actual record (66-96)

82-80 (2014) still sell a piece or two after the break bring up youth / Actual record (73-89)

93-69 (2015) add 1-2 FA + youngsters make opening day squad team makes PO as WC team

98-64 (2016) add a few FA and pick up a post allstar player Deep PO Push

jgerb88

MARK IT 0!!

^^^^^^^^^^(x2)

2bs-into-1bs

I hit like a little girl.
Dexter Fowler..... Not bad, I like it

Yeah...I'm with you. Looks like Olt may get another shot to man third until Bryant comes up at the end of April (or whenever). Still, the outfield of Coghlin, Fowler and Soler won't strike fear into many teams. I still feel like we need another big bat in left.

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
Got online to get a idea of what I'm going to order for opening night tickets and I realize It's Easter Sunday. Wtf looks like I might not be going.

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
Yeah...I'm with you. Looks like Olt may get another shot to man third until Bryant comes up at the end of April (or whenever). Still, the outfield of Coghlin, Fowler and Soler won't strike fear into many teams. I still feel like we need another big bat in left.
Can't wait until Bryant comes up, It will be a interesting year. Enough prospects after Bryant to keep us interested rather Cubs have a good season or not.

Would love to see Olt turn it around, doubt it but you never know.
Hear a lot about offense but I like how the pen and rotation could shape up, Edwards and Johnson are on the way and you got Ramirez and Rondon in the pen. If guys don't turn out there is money and trade pieces. Cubs put their selves in a good position.

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
I dont' see how that makes any sense for them. In 3 years when most of their guys are hitting their primes, he's going to be junk.

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
Lot can happen after 3 years, see who bust etc. This wouldnt be horrible. They can always move a couple guys for bats. They are closer then some think to Being competitive.

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
He'll be a $20m a year albatross as soon as 2017. I'd rather pay him 2 for $50 than 5/100.

2bs-into-1bs

I hit like a little girl.
Unfortunately, the Sporting News has already jinxed them by picking them as the 2015 World Series Champs. Obviously to sell magazines, but a bad omen just the same. Lester, Shields, Arrieta, Hammel and Hendricks sounds good to me as long as Big James isn't signed for more than 3 years.

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'd like to see the cubs win the series just for theck. He been waiting over a hundred years for that to happen.

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are a bills fan though, right? Maybe you should root against them just to be on the safe side and all.

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
Yes, Some times I think I have a negative effect on the game when I turn it on.

[ame]http://youtu.be/8PLSyFzk-6g[/ame]

Gateway Man

Addicted to Softballfans
I think the Cubs will be very good this season. It may come down to them vs the Nats in the NLCS to see which one goes to the Series.

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
If they're in position to buy at the deadline..... I could see something happening. They got the kids to move for a piece If need be. Of course it would be for someone that wouldn't destroy the farm, Jed and Theo won't go that route.