2015 CL22 Stress Crack??

spm8907

Addicted to Softballfans
I've never owned a DeMarini before.........so is the beginning of the end for this bat or is this just a stress crack? I know that both my L2 and Psycho had similar looking cracks and were good-to-go for a long while but wasn't sure how these break in...

CL22_zps55467c7d.jpg

Begs

Addicted to Softballfans
Diagonal is typically the beginning of the end 90% of the time, i think anyway.

I would make it gamer status and make contact on the opposite side of the crack.

CL22

Addicted to Softballfans
I've never owned a DeMarini before.........so is the beginning of the end for this bat or is this just a stress crack? I know that both my L2 and Psycho had similar looking cracks and were good-to-go for a long while but wasn't sure how these break in...

CL22_zps55467c7d.jpg

you will be just fine, just paint

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Guessing that guy^ knows something about it.

Used to get those on many spec1's and Fu Dawgs, never amounted to anything bad and the couple I eventually broke never went where that diagonal was.

Sportzfan1616

Addicted to Softballfans
I just checked mine after reading this and the same thing. Not as big of a paint crack and I have around 300 swings also. Performance is great tho, don't think it will slow the bat down at all. My friends 2013 has a paint crack and he's put at least 500 swings on it since without it getting worse

tjsully47

He hates these cans !!
My og had a line of webbing just like that, it's not a shark tooth so I bet your fine . I wouldn't pound tons of bp with 44/400s on that spot . If it starts to peel or unravel I'd get a little worried. I think it's a different version or the straight seam crack we've seen on previous models

4xtra

Player/Coach
Not the end of the world

Last edited:

eastonfreak81

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a 2014 Demarini CL22 and I have even MORE stress cracks that this and I am VERY confident that the bat will last at LEAST 400+ hits.
As long as you are NOT hitting 47 core and above balls
If you insist on swinging that bat use a 44 core and less and nothing higher than that.

We have 325/40 for USSSA here in GA and I am not even worried about cracking my bat.

You might be a bit backwards in your advice when it comes to the cor