2015 juggy actual weights

TrainWreck209

Hardcore since '84
My 27 weighs 25.7 niw. I was arguing with a guy on fb about swing weights and then Larsen added this about some of the juggys.

justwhippin

Addicted to Softballfans
Has Demarini been covering the return shipping, since it is a manufacturing problem?

No... sent mine back and paid to ship. Got my new juggy back and it's still a little light but not as bad....26.5 suppose to be 27 The one i sent back only was 25.65

CHOOLY_#14

Addicted to Softballfans
I know the 2014 Aftermath's feel true to weight. We have 2 @ 26, a 27, and 28. All feel right. Everyone should just buy these instead! lol

No... sent mine back and paid to ship. Got my new juggy back and it's still a little light but not as bad....26.5 suppose to be 27 The one i sent back only was 25.65

The one I got back is 25.9 instead of 25.5. Supposed to be 27.

Swung it yesterday and I'll probably just stick with my '14.

justwhippin

Addicted to Softballfans
Yea it's kinda crap on this weighting of the juggies.... imo recall them from the stores and get them right before you sell. 1.5 under weight is no dice for most guys and should not have to pay to ship it back because of there lack of ability to weigh the bat right smdh

justwhippin

Addicted to Softballfans
I also went to a local sporting good store and all the 15 juggies they had were under weight by alot..... could just tell by grabbing them

CBCstillmatic

Addicted to Softballfans
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I just got my niw 2015 juggy I ordered in 27 oz and it scales at 25.4 oz so I'm gonna call demarini when they open up today.

I normally swing 28 oz and have a USA aftermath in 28 oz that scales at 26.9 but both of my 28 oz eastons one an L6 end load scales at 27.9 and a balanced BH synergy scales at 27.8. I thought it was my imagination at first when I first swung the aftermath.

I'm actually not too disappointed in the after math scaling closer to 27 since I decided to drop down an ounce anyway since the leagues I play in are modified with most teams now bringing in all these pitchers that are throwing a little heat now to be more competitive. I'm ok with the 28 oz but my timings a little off against the faster guys and just don't feel as comfortable as when everything was lollipop'd over the plate. It's not fast pitch by any means just not really slow pitch that I'm used to but 25.4 oz is just way to light either way.

CBCstillmatic

Addicted to Softballfans
Just got off the phone with demarini support. Was told the usual that it's swinging weight not actual weight. They test the bats like pendulum to get swinging weight. Unfortunately since the bats are hand made there will be variances in weight. He said if they test a bat that's supposed to be a 26 oz but when swing tested it exceeds 26 by even a small margin it's labelled a 27 oz and that's why some bats actual weights can vary a bit when comparing actual weight.

It sort of made sense to me since my 28 oz aftermath weighs 26.9 actual but that means all these 27 oz bats that actually weigh 25.5 just barely missed the mark to be 26 oz labelled so you get a mixture of bats that were actually made to be 27 oz and rejects from the 26 oz? Now that is what is not clicking with me. That would mean they make all the bats then test them before labeling the weight otherwise wouldn't they just add a half ounce atleast to bring it closer with actual weight?

He swears I won't be able to tell when actually swinging and won't see any performance problems and to just try it out before sending it in.

CBCstillmatic

Addicted to Softballfans
Just took some bp and gotta say as lite as the bat feels in hand the swing feels great and not to lite surprisingly. I switched between all 4 of my bats and my buddies 26 oz white steel. The juggy swung heavier than my buddies steel which weighed a hair over 26 oz on the scale.

The aftermath I got in 28 oz actually swings the heaviest with scale weight of 26.9 when compared to my end loaded Easton L6 that scales at 27.9. So maybe there is some truth to this swing weight and the way the bats are made. I still feel like the bat should actually weight closer to sticker but with how well it swung I'm not sure it's worth the $$ and wait to send it just to get another back that may not be to much different.

Think I'm actually gonna sell my buddy the USA aftermath and order another in 27 oz and see what that actually weighs and how it compares to the juggy.

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
Anyone looking to move a 26oz that scales close to 24oz? I'd like to pick up a NR for cheap. My wife would live it!

Red Stripe

Star Player
Called demarini on my 26 oz which has come in at 22.6 and 22.7 and was advised not an issue. I told them it swings light and 3.4 oz is a huge difference with no luck. Can't tell me something isn't right with that.

Cnape123

Star Player
Called demarini on my 26 oz which has come in at 22.6 and 22.7 and was advised not an issue. I told them it swings light and 3.4 oz is a huge difference with no luck. Can't tell me something isn't right with that.

That is rediculous. Screw demarini

justwhippin

Addicted to Softballfans

Call back and talk to someone else:biggthumpup:had no problem returning mine

CBCstillmatic

Addicted to Softballfans
I just sent my 27 oz in after a change of heart. The last rep I spoke to said it wouldn't hurt to send it in just to have them weigh it on the pendulum scale. If it checks out they will send it back but if it is intact lite they will replace it with a new warrantable bat. After doing some searching it seams that they are about an ounce and a half under on scale for all models of the new juggy so I may have wasted my time. Mine ended up weighing 25.1 oz on scale after removing the wrapper so the one rep said it could be a mislabeled 26 oz. I could of kept one that scaled somewhere above 25.5 since my aftermath USA is 1 oz lighter than sticker also but 2 oz just didn't seam right. Guess I'll see what happens.

And I know I said the swing felt great but the number just haunted me and I kept wondering how much more I would like a truer to 27 oz. I ordered a 27 oz aftermath USA that should arrive tomorrow. I'll see what that scales at but am expecting somewhere around 26 oz since my 28 scales at 27. Hopefully I get a juggy back that is in the same ball park.

Last edited:

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az

You still have them!? Those sound perfect for a ladies bat!

CBCstillmatic

Addicted to Softballfans
Ok so I received my 27 oz aftermath USA today and it scales 26.5 oz and I re weighed the 28 oz and it scales at 27.1 oz. my 27 arrived with the weight sticker missing so since I'm ocd I called demarini to mail me one out. While on the phone I decided to bs about this weight thing with the rep being he was different than the last rep I spoke to.

He told me there is a 5 degree allowance in variance since the bats are hand made. So he stated there could be a variation of up to 2 oz of actual weight if you compare a group of the same bats labelled the same weight. 2 oz seams extreme and unlikely but I understood what he was getting at. Take my 28 oz that scaled around 27 oz so when tested it was slightly to heavy to be labelled 27 oz so it's on the lighter side of the 28 oz group. My 27 oz that scales only a half ounce less would be on the heavier side of the 27 oz group but there could very well be a labelled 27 oz of the same bat that actually only scales say 25.5 oz cause when tested its to heavy to be labelled 26 oz. He also swears even though it seams like a wide variation in weight that all bats that are labelled the same weight would feel and perform the same presuming one wasn't mislabeled.

So now I know my 27 oz juggy that scales at 25.1 oz the last I checked must be on the very lite side of the 27 oz labelled juggies but was deemed to heavy to be labelled a 26 oz. Hopefully I get one back that's closer to 26 oz scale weight and swings truer to 27 oz. Though if you think about it, it seams like if you swing both 26 and 27 oz bats and wanted one of each of the same bat for any reason that you could end up with two different labelled bats but they could almost weight practically the same like my two aftermaths.

Last edited:

nate d.'8to5

Addicted to Softballfans
My j3a weighs 29oz, my j4 weighs 29.2 but that's just a technicality. These bats smash and this weighting thing just made them controversial which was the juggy gig from the get go. Two piece bat doesn't help they said...actual weight vs. Swing weight? Now this barrel is what is the ****. It's that feedback on contact that makes everyone goes oooh.

CBCstillmatic

Addicted to Softballfans
For an update I just received my replacement 27 juggy and it scales at 26.6 right along with my 27 oz aftermath that scales at 26.5. My only worry now is I didn't expect it to be that close to sticker being there are people with reported 28 oz that scale in at that weight and if the 28 oz juggy is still being considered a log and not as hot as the 27 oz it's gonna be interesting to get some bp in with this replacement. It does feel close in weight to the aftermath when swung and still lighter than my 28 oz aftermath. I'm not gonna put much more thought into it until I actually get to use it.

Wonder if their pendulum scale was off for a period of time causing all the juggy's made in that time period to be off about an ounce and a half to 2 oz. either that or they relabeled a 28 oz and sent it as a 27 oz just to appeal to my specific complaint about scale weight though I think that seams very highly unlikely as judging by the packaging the box and bat look like it was pulled right off the new inventory shelf and mailed to me and not exactly made specifically for me. Plus the turn around time was retarded fast. They got the return last Wednesday and I got the new one today.

Actually come to think of it I was told it would take 7-10 business days cause once they received it it would have to be shipped to another facility to be weighed. No way there was enough time for that so I'm thinking they knew it was an issue that has been resolved whether they want to openly admit it or not and instead just grabbed a new one and sent it back instead of actually testing the other one. It was sent back to me 2 day air so it had to be sent out Thursday or Friday I'm thinking.

Last edited:

MPT23

Putting on the foil
Finally got around to weighing my 27 oz. 2015 juggy. It comes in at 26.3 completely stock, does not feel that light. Now i was told directly by demar cs that the weighting problem had been fixed b4 i decided on what weight to get for my return. All this damn swing weight mambo jahambo is BS.