2015 USSSA Aftermath - Cracked after 20 swings

MNsoftball

Addicted to Softballfans
Took out the new stick for the first time today. 20 swings in and I notice a 4inch diagnal crack starting at the endcap. Has anyone else had this happen??
I can't figure out how to upload the pick from my phone.

killer mike

Addicted to Softballfans
I have two 8" long paint cracks on mine. Two more starting. Kept thinking this thing is gonzo. Refuses to break though.

MNsoftball

Addicted to Softballfans
Here are the pictures.

bat%201_zpspm6jtbdp.jpg

bat2_zpsb9e56e9b.jpg

THESHOE

Starting Player
Man, seems like more and more of these.

Demarini hooked me up with a return for mine that went the same damn way. Didn't ding me my return, but sent me another one of these again.

I really do not have high hopes now. Once I crack this second one, I hope they link me a True One or something Utrip 13" 2015 to replace.

This is not good. FWIW I am reposting the pics of mine from another thread. Mine was under 100 cuts, first BP out on Hot Dot 52/300 and well above 60*/15*C on the day.

They had asked me for serial numbers and all as all of a sudden, weather got nice and all these bats are beginning to be returned. They told me mine was made Jan 2015, bought it in March and it was blown 1st BP last weekend.

image_5.jpg

image_4.jpg

THESHOE

Starting Player
Ump is clearly tossing OP's and mine. Mine had a damn chunk gone out of it. Had I hit 20 more, which I did later this week, it opened up like OP in the cracks.

I have a niw that I am thinking of gaming on the weekend hoping she blows too and I can request a True One back as NR if they don't acknowledge the problem that they clearly have.

Cracks near the cap are common on these utrip am's.... swing away bat is fine unless ump tosses it

Probably around 250-300 swings now. T
The bat smokes the ball. Great sound. Feels good to swing. Placed in an all nighter last night. Got down to only 50ish.

I just noticed what might be a crack or maybe a paint crack. It's very feint. Playing another tournament tomorrow. We'll see if it gets any worse.

embesh

Addicted to Softballfans
What the heck is goin on with Demarini? I kinda feel there shouldnt even be paint cracks on a 3hundred dollar bat man. My OG stadium never had a web in 4 yrs. Cartel 2 had webs in one BP. Im hoping my CL22 which Im busting out of wrap this morn will be same as OG.

nickolie22

Addicted to Softballfans
I am kind of glad now that I didn't get my return yet. I sent it in Feb 15th. They said March 25th was a production date but their durability issue wasn't fixed. Then on April 2nd they made more and again on the 15th. On the 15th they produced 2 runs. They claim the durability on these new improved ones have better durability

On a side note they said they'd email me when mine is shipped. I'm getting a 27oz. I still haven't gotten an email. I hope the durability of mine is good as its a NR. if I have an issue with it quickly would they (demarini cs) send me another?

bird25

34/30 Club #25
I am kind of glad now that I didn't get my return yet. I sent it in Feb 15th. They said March 25th was a production date but their durability issue wasn't fixed. Then on April 2nd they made more and again on the 15th. On the 15th they produced 2 runs. They claim the durability on these new improved ones have better durability

On a side note they said they'd email me when mine is shipped. I'm getting a 27oz. I still haven't gotten an email. I hope the durability of mine is good as its a NR. if I have an issue with it quickly would they (demarini cs) send me another?

I'm thinking they will. I'm in the same boat and am going to take some cuts as soon as mine gets here

Mine hasn't shown any other marks after today. I did have it tested. It passed, but was very close. Not too many swings left in it I assume.

LRichards1978

The Rookie
So a few posts up, a post says that Demarini has made the bats more durable. If they mean that they changed anything on the barrel of the bat or inside of it, they had better pray that USSSA doesn't randomly test a few bats from their batches. Even the slightest change in a bats make-up, outside of weighting and handle specs, causes the bat to be different than the bat that was sent in for testing certification, and is therefore illegal, which would cause a nationwide ban.

But let's be real, Demarini will get away with it. Heck, they invented a new bat style for USSSA and said "hey, let us do this without testing the bat".

THESHOE

Starting Player
Bat #2 has a crack below cap already. No BP, just game hits on a 52/275.

Maybe a dozen ABs?

Disappointing. My first was a Jan, second was a Feb. I want something else as NR.

Bat is good but can't even last a week.

THESHOE

Starting Player
Anyone else seeing these crack and break?

Is it safe to assume there is a production issue with these and I should steer away from this model on my return?

First one didn't ding my return, but then bat #2 broke within 20 cuts all game hits and bat was out of wrapper that day. Same set of cracks, and more hits more they split and develop the shark toothing.

Fabulous hits, but shortest life span I have ever seen. Never legit broken any bat in my life until these, myself that is...

Disappointed, but I am sure Demarini will let me change models for the NR one that is next.

I will wait until I can break it some more before filing the complaint a second time. It is not at the point where it would be rejected like the first one yet.

THESHOE

Starting Player
Bat #3 will be a True One, they offered me another model instead. I agreed.

To bad, great bat, but for some f******' reason couldn't get one that lasted longer than a week.

misfit

Addicted to Softballfans
Mine has about 5 or six diagonal cracks next to the end cap (aprx 80 hits) , bat was just barely starting to feel as good as my 2014 300 hit cl22 . I became a Demarini fan again after 4 OG cartels those would beak too but at least you could get a bunch of SUPER CRAZY HOT hits first, but I am not too impressed (but so far I am with the 14 CL22) with a lot of Demarinis right now .....I have
1. VX2 -straight crack down barrel 6-8 inches long
2. 2013 Stadium CL22-Huge crack straight down the barrel (cracked before it was hot)
3. 2015 Future- 2 hairline cracks on barrel happened within 10 hits of bat getting hot (aprx 80 hits total)
4. Atermath USSSA- ""
5. VX3 just heating up 200 hits not cracked yet
6. 2014 Stadium- hot , not cracked yet300 hits
7.(had) 2014 True One, hot not cracked yet 300 hits
if I was going to buy a Demarini again I would stick with 5,6 or 7....
all of the bats listed I bought new (except for the VX2) so I know they were never rolled.
disclaimer.....:roll:all of these hit numbers are estimates:roll: