2015 USSSA Military Worlds

PONY

Addicted to Softballfans
My understanding is that this will be addressed on a case by case basis. If a team has a concern about a particular player, I'd just run it by D-Rock & Ike to get approval.

Can D-Rock clarify what "residency from the state/local region"...specifically local region means? Is this a set distance, a case by case basis, or something else?

lanikeas

O2BSURFN
Kinda what I figured...just strange that someone can play for any team in a state without question, but may not be legal because they live on the "wrong" side of the border of 2 states. Would like to see the 120 mile limit for reservists added for everyone

Last edited:

B-Link #99

Retired Damage Controlman
Kinda what I figured...just strange that someone can play for any team in a state without question, but may not be legal because they live on the "wrong" side of the border of 2 states. Would like to see the 120 mile limit for reservists added for everyone

Just play "A" then you won't have to worry about it.

BigPhatJam

Star Player
Wow

So if I am reading the rules right a team made up of completely people comprised from one military post, let's say Ft. Benning can pull everyone from that post to one team and play intramural ball. If that is the rule this tournament coming up with no more within a command with a -10 paperwork. Alright so thats crazy. I am so glad I am deployed right now and I don't have to worry about worlds. See you guys for 2016 Worlds wherever that might be and wherever I end up. You guys on here crack me up PCB worlds were a great location on the beach having fun playing softball. But hey things change and so does the military. Overcome and adapt or go kick rocks complaining isn't the way to go, lead from the front.

PONY

Addicted to Softballfans
That's actually what I recommended as well

JTF#12

Starting Player
Can D-Rock clarify what "residency from the state/local region"...specifically local region means? Is this a set distance, a case by case basis, or something else?

Closed mouths don’t get fed, I’m sure all you have to do is ask and it shouldn’t be a problem, we are fortunate that Dustin and Ike have both played a lot of military softball and know the issues and solutions to a lot of our common issues and should be very receptive to making things right within reason.

lanikeas

O2BSURFN
Closed mouths don’t get fed, I’m sure all you have to do is ask and it shouldn’t be a problem, we are fortunate that Dustin and Ike have both played a lot of military softball and know the issues and solutions to a lot of our common issues and should be very receptive to making things right within reason.

I'm sure Dustin/Ike would be receptive and should the need arise I will bring it to them. My OG post was more piece of mind for me that I was reading the rules correctly.

Also getting it out there for next years convention or possible rule change...gotta start early.