2016 4TFallen

NorthFlorida

Manager
It's a red legit. Going to be hot out of the wrapper and last anywhere from 150-500 swings depending on how hard you swing and what balls you're hitting. Mine had a slight rattle before I put a single swing on it.

Last edited:

NVminnesotan

Addicted to Softballfans
Got mine Friday, finally swung it today. Only had time for 60 balls off a tee. Swings just like last years. It didn't seem to have the same exit speed as my 700 swing last years model, but the distance seem to be pretty close.

dbantz

Manager
Anyone swing it yet? Wondering how balanced it is? And how it preforms

Very Balanced. By far the most of any bat I've ever owned. My 28 swings a lot lighter than my 27 2pc psycho. Testing the balance point on a table against a B2 and the z4000+ balanced it was a good inch farther out. Really good pop out of the wrapper. I'm just scared of the horror stories about passing compression for very long.

Rallycap

Star Player
Just got the new 4TF last week. Got about 200 hits on it between the previous owner & a 2 hour BP session on Friday. Pop & distance improved each round and it was game ready before my game Friday night. Big difference between the 1st round of BP & the last. I used it in a tournament this weekend. Felt very comfortable with the smaller knob & light balanced swing. I didn't have a grip to put on it so I hockey taped it and threw on a knob cuff. It has a lively sweetspot and the long barrel results in very few miss-hits. It may not be at last year's performance level yet, but it's still early and it will likely get there. I just had a choice between picking up a backup of this new 4tf or the previous model and I went with another new one, mainly because it felt more comfortable in my hands (smaller knob makes a difference to me). Also, the paint job is killer if that matters to you.

Phantom

Addicted to Softballfans
Weighting

I tried to get reliable info before getting one, on the weighting.... It is not really a balanced bat. The Connell is balanced, the 2016 FTF , has some kind of end load or mid load going , maybe just slight, but it's not typically balanced imo. Fyi

UTEFAN

Your way off on the weight the 28's and 30's I have all have the weight in the handle just like last years. Very balanced just like the Connell

Ranger4Life

The Veteran
I just bought one of the 2016 4TF for my GF but they sent me the 2015 instead. Before I just send it back and wait for a replacement I would like to get more reviews on this years vs last years. Please post any reviews if you have swung both.

dbantz

Manager
I tried to get reliable info before getting one, on the weighting.... It is not really a balanced bat. The Connell is balanced, the 2016 FTF , has some kind of end load or mid load going , maybe just slight, but it's not typically balanced imo. Fyi

Looks pretty balanced to me.