2016 Brett Helmer - Swing it 900

Chrisklol

301' Bombs
I use to like demarini because it was enjoyable fast, Then they got the paint issue that makes me sick. Now swinging miken for a few years now I am now going full force with easton.

These bats allow for massive bp and you get your moneys worth. I hope they keep there durability and so far they have. Easton will be a big game changer for 2016. Everyone will be on the miken hype and thats fine but I am jumping off that train. Easton TIME baby.

Honestly for me, I know that the freak 12, freak black, white dc41 all have more pop that a torq. I am ok with this though because my torq will pass compression for more than 300 swings and last 10 times as long. The marginal performance difference doesn't mean as much to me because of how big I am.
I could see grabbing a freak 12 or black if I was a smaller framed guy and needed all the extra pop i could get. Guys my size break those bats in a few hundred swings though.. Not worth the cash..

Dupe19

Addicted to Softballfans
I used to BP more often, so the more durable bats were a necessity. Recently it's been less and less BP so I've bought a few with less break in time.

Still got a Torq though, curious about the new stuff but I'll wait.

JPG

Lefty
Honestly for me, I know that the freak 12, freak black, white dc41 all have more pop that a torq. I am ok with this though because my torq will pass compression for more than 300 swings and last 10 times as long. The marginal performance difference doesn't mean as much to me because of how big I am.
I could see grabbing a freak 12 or black if I was a smaller framed guy and needed all the extra pop i could get. Guys my size break those bats in a few hundred swings though.. Not worth the cash..

Exactly. Last year I got a freak black just for compression time. But I never cared for the bat. A lot of people think that hotter faster and more distance is best but that's not the case for me.

JPG

Lefty
I used to BP more often, so the more durable bats were a necessity. Recently it's been less and less BP so I've bought a few with less break in time.

Still got a Torq though, curious about the new stuff but I'll wait.

Like I said before almost everyone said the Torq was good and that it broke in fast etc. I hate to say this but the Torq can not compare to the new line. The new line owns the Torq.

Chrisklol

301' Bombs
Like I said before almost everyone said the Torq was good and that it broke in fast etc. I hate to say this but the Torq can not compare to the new line. The new line owns the Torq.

I hope this is true, but only time will really tell. You have a pre-production bat. The mass produced model may vary drastically. Also have you compression tested this bat? With it being so good so quick. I would love to see how long it holds compression. MadBeers sent me a picture of his 4500+ hit torq still passing compression right at 230.
That's damn impressive.

JPG

Lefty
I got mine tested in the cold and it passed with flying colors. The webbing is the most I have ever seen on a bat.
Sick stick. I see they just put up the ASA 26ers for sale and I think I have to pull the trigger tonight.

24282743782_5b34e496a6_o.jpg

JPG

Lefty
By passed with flying colors, what does that mean. What was the actual compression number?

It means they put it in the tester and didn't even need to let it ride near the pass and fail it passes so much they just stop it.

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!

I can't wait to try the new line then...i feel that the Torq performs up there with the Mikens and Worths...hard to believe that it'll own the Torq...but if it does, i'll be a happy camper

PaulyP1

Banned User
I'll have Will post the matte 26.5 I have. I'd guess 1500 swings on it. Sounds pretty good. No sign of anything besides webbing, although it's very hard to see on the black part of the bat. Nothing like the visibility on JPGs shiny one.

Ballisttic

Star Player
I got mine tested in the cold and it passed with flying colors. The webbing is the most I have ever seen on a bat.
Sick stick. I see they just put up the ASA 26ers for sale and I think I have to pull the trigger tonight.

24282743782_5b34e496a6_o.jpg

what did it end up testing at

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
stop dropping your hands...keep them attached to your shoulder, but what do I know?
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjqzUFJ-q98[/ame]

Ballisttic

Star Player
Listen to what this guy says about hitting [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYFUikoGMZY[/ame] before taking advice from sbf bros