2016 CFB Thrad

Stretch19

Grow up
wisconsin allowed less than 100 ypg rushing for 2015 season...they typically have a solid run defense, so yeah, 130 yards isnt a terrible way to open the year on the road; fournette also only carried 23 times, which would have been the 4th lowest number of carries he had in a game last season...in the other 3 games he had less than 23 carries, he put up 100+ yards only once.

mccaffrey had 210 all purpose yards and a 97 yard punt return for a TD called back vs whats already been established as a pretty good defense and a coach who makes a living mucking up a game plan; they held him in check for more or less the entire game, outside of a couple of plays, but again, snyder isnt a joke when it comes to game plans

Stretch19

Grow up
i guess i just dont see 210 yards, 2 tds and 1 meaningless block away from 300+ and 3 TD's as low numbers...thats all

going into the game vs wisconsin, what were you expecting fournette to put up? 150? 200?

Primo

fat and famous pablo
i was expecting his average.....had he gotten his average, i would have said he had an average game. had he gotten over his average, i'd have said he had a good game....since he didn't get his average, i'd say his numbers were low

i guess Christian had an slightly better than average game

Stretch19

Grow up
fair enough...he avg 162 on 25 carries per game last year

below average game for him, no doubt

solid run defense on the road though, not overly surprising, but still low numbers youre right

Primo

fat and famous pablo
it's not my fault you had a ****ty long labor day......

dont bring this bull**** to the board tomorrow......get a nap, take some advil and get yoru **** right. you see me coming in here w/ a ****ty attitude after a long weekned? no...wanna know why? i'm too much of a board professional to do that

Trogdor

God of SBF Poker
OSU fans are going to be insufferable this year. Gotta fade Oklahoma early then a bunch of high school teams and then the Michigan schools at the end of season.

Morris

The Rookie
OSU fans are going to be insufferable this year. Gotta fade Oklahoma early then a bunch of high school teams and then the Michigan schools at the end of season.
6 returning starters, three offensive lineman had never had a start before last week. If they do good then good for them.

Country469

I gotta side with Morris here (checks to make sure balls are still attached) but the big 10 led the way in getting rid of playing 1-AA opponents. The SEC and ACC are notorious for the cupcakes. This year is Bama plus 3 wide open slots and that what this **** is all about.

Trogdor

God of SBF Poker
Historically the sec has been head and shoulders the best/toughest cfb conference (Last year 5 of the top 10 SOS rankings came from SEC West (Lowest of the 7Teams in the west was 18)) First Big 10 team had a SOS ranked 20th. Now the sec seems to be regressing but to act like the Big 10 in years gone by was some big slug fest and that they play tough out of conference schedule is laughable. OSU = 90s FSU (booboo ACC schedule).

Trogdor

God of SBF Poker
cause it's cold (i attended Purdue). But honesty it may have to do with revenue? does the sec gain more from exposure out west or up north? Bama gain more from playing USC or OSU?

Morris

The Rookie
You can't talk about teams being better then say they won't play up north because of money.

Trogdor

God of SBF Poker
Where is the incentive for an SEC West team in years gone by? Oh hey let's go make our top 10 SOS even harder for ****s and giggles. OSU's strength of schedule was what 30th last year? Thats the point. Big 10 needs the SOS boost SEC doesnt.

Morris

The Rookie
Sos to you people means playing teams with no defense in warm weather at all times. We play people like Wisconsin which drops our sos, but yeah how'd that work for the sec.

Morris

The Rookie
Look at all the ranked teams in week one that blew ass, but it looks good on paper seeing that ranking huh?

Trogdor

God of SBF Poker
You're thick headed. I said in the past. These schedules are made what five years out? SEC has consistently had the best defenses. You're thinking Big 12 champ.

c.mathews23

Addicted to Softballfans
Why won't the sec come north? Ever.

Because they don't need too. Which is another reason why each SEC school schedules a cupcake or two because their conference schedule is tough enough as it is. There's no reason for an SEC team to come up north to play a Big 10 team because it does nothing for their record. A win against Georgia or Alabama would be better than going up north and beating a Wisconsin or Michigan St (just throwing out examples).

Take a Vandy or Kentucky in the SEC and look at their schedule. They know they can't really compete with the majority of the SEC so they schedule 3 or 4 cupcakes one of them can beat up the other for a win and then beat Mizzou or hope they can pull off an upset to get to 6 wins and a bowl game.

Now I'll turn your question around and ask, when's the last time a Big 10 school has come down to the South? Ever lol. I can't think of one other than Minnesota coming down to MTSU 4-5 years ago.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
3tK7tIbSTxMOFtZrtOgC_Samuel%20L%20Jackson%20Jerseys.jpg