2016 DC41 and Freak 30

cbeeb34

Addicted to Softballfans
DC41:
The bat we swung was a 26oz just out of the wrapper. When I swung it it had around 50 swings on it. 70* weather/300ft field/ Classic M balls

Endload: Feels slightly less than last years... More like the 2014 DC41 (white one)

Performance: Performance was great alot like last years out of the wrapper. Easily clearing 300ft out of the wrapper and crisp line drives through the infield. We probably put a total of 250 swings on the DC41 and was already game ready (was probably game ready after 100). The barrel felt a little stiffer than last years but did not see in drop off in performance. Maybe it will hit the classic plus balls better this year.

Freak30
Might be a little partial to this one because I loved it.
The Freak30 we swung was a 12in Barrel 26oz. Put about 300 swings on this bat

Endload: The endload in the Freak30 felt like more of a half ounce endload. Little more of a balanced feel, but this is only one bat each bat may feel different you know how that goes. I was expecting much more of and endloaded feel from this bat.

Performance: The Freak30 was on fire from swing one much like last years freak 12. Out the wrapper 300ft homeruns were easy and only got better from there. The Freak30 felt like it broke in much faster than the DC41 did as the sound changed around 50 to 75 swings. We hit some really nice hard shot through the infield and gaps with this one. Barrel feels much like the freak 12 last year, a little bit different sound than last year at the start but that changes fast.

Results: I believe out of the 3 guys we had swinging they all liked the freak 30 the best and I absolutely loved it.

20151010_190104.jpg

Swings aren't the best haven't swung in 3 weeks not really any drive out of my back half
[ame]https://youtu.be/TeJR00gMElA[/ame]

alteredzx

Bazinga
Great swings as always.

We have been swinging these for a while now. The DC we have has about 600 swings on it and it is on fire.

The freak 30 we have is the same way. It has a few hundred swings on it also and hits the ball a ton.

The new psycho, is good. I just cant swing a one piece bat very well but the ball was jumping off of it when connected.

spoiler alert:
I talked to Denny last Thursday night and he said it was the same bat as last year.

Sinyk

Addicted to Softballfans
Great swings as always.

We have been swinging these for a while now. The DC we have has about 600 swings on it and it is on fire.

The freak 30 we have is the same way. It has a few hundred swings on it also and hits the ball a ton.

The new psycho, is good. I just cant swing a one piece bat very well but the ball was jumping off of it when connected.

spoiler alert:
I talked to Denny last Thursday night and he said it was the same bat as last year.

No matter if Denny himself comes on this forum and says so, people, over time, will still believe it's completely different.

alteredzx

Bazinga
lol! I know. I figured I would just pass on what the man himself told me. I think its a great bat just as the years past. no matter what you swing you will see awesome performance out of these

NorCal5150

Rep for GS Sports
spoiler alert:

I talked to Denny also a couple weeks ago and he told me the same thing. Said the DC is identical to last years and the Freak30 is the identical bat as the freak12. But that doesn't hurt my feelings at all. Both bats were great this year so why change it?????

GL0cK

Addicted to Softballfans
lol! I know. I figured I would just pass on what the man himself told me. I think its a great bat just as the years past. no matter what you swing you will see awesome performance out of these

What does Kansas/Missouri area have brewing for Conference teams this year? is Midwest/Syndicate coming back? That B&B sponsor coming back again?

alteredzx

Bazinga
I'm not for sure. No one is really talking yet. I think most are waiting to get clarification on the new classes. I would assume Nightmare/Miken from Missouri will be in there. I heard rumors about B&B but they are highly unlikely. As the sponsors son plays for Pure Romance. Midwest Hearing/Syndicate was C last year, Im not sure if they will take the bump to B or what. We have lots of conference players but they are all on other teams from the region.

GL0cK

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm not for sure. No one is really talking yet. I think most are waiting to get clarification on the new classes. I would assume Nightmare/Miken from Missouri will be in there. I heard rumors about B&B but they are highly unlikely. As the sponsors son plays for Pure Romance. Midwest Hearing/Syndicate was C last year, Im not sure if they will take the bump to B or what. We have lots of conference players but they are all on other teams from the region.

Ya I heard Nightmare is coming back with a lot of new faces. Last year seemed like a down year for that area as far as conference teams goes. Makes sense that the players have joined other teams as well. Even MW wasn't as good as they usually are. It would be nice if you guys get that major back.

Wik

Addicted to Softballfans
Great swings as always.

spoiler alert:

Thanks for at least being honest. The yearly debate on "new bat" vs "new paint" job is endless. Same thing with the Freak 12. I heard all they did was change the paint and put Filby on it. But some people insist that it's a totally different bat :wtf2:

Great vid, thanks for sharing :bigok: