2016 Freak 12 weight

bigcam406

Addicted to Softballfans
just grabbed a 28oz F12. when I was in the store swinging it I found that it seemed more like a 27oz bat. I compared it to a 27oz F12 and the 27oz seemed lighter compared to other 27oz bats I was comparing. the endload is less than some other endloaded bats I own. is it because of the shorter barrel? havnt tried it out yet due to bad weather. any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Those things definitely swing light. Not sure why. If you really want some endloaded beef, get a DC41. They swing true to weight, if not a tad heavier than listed.

bigcam406

Addicted to Softballfans
thanks for the replies. I thought it was just me or a labelling issue. I guess im not the only one. just wish the weather would clear up.

bigcam406

Addicted to Softballfans
another question. haven't been able to put any swings on this bat due to the latest weather we have been experiencing. it is still considered cold and wont be warming up anytime soon. I have 3 games this weekend and I would like to try it out. what would the minimum temperature that could be recommended for using this bat? the balls we use are Gold Dots. thanks

WillW3

Starting Player
I wouldn't game anything with no break in. You're just asking to break it. If you're worried about the weather as far as breaking it in, get some 52's and take some cuts with it just to get it loosened up. Temp shouldn't affect those much, and they'll be easy on the barrel.

bigcam406

Addicted to Softballfans
Well i finally got to use the Freak last night for my first game of the season. First hit was a line drive approx 250 feet with little effort. Went 4 for 4 and most of the shots were between 250 and 300 feet. The bat swings so nice through the zone you would think its balanced. Great pop out of the wrapper. Using 44 375 Louisville Slugger league balls. Cant wait until it opens up.