2016 Limited Release Helmer Flex ASA & USSSA

mike leonard

Addicted to Softballfans
I guess a couple of guys talking on the Facebook have a couple of these. Saying their Helmer Flex broke in with only 5 swings. Claimed it is the hottest bat out right now, and failed compression test at 75 swings. I don't know this may not be the bat that comes out in June, they may be swinging Demos not sure, just saying that info is out there.

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
We hit this ASA Flex in a dome 2 weeks ago and we ended up with about 300 cuts on it. It was average at best and as of now not even close to any Demarini ASA bats or a Monsta. I think another 3-400 cuts is needed.

tjsully47

He hates these cans !!
I got to take one game swing with a demo of the Utrip version . These are the longer 13.5 barrel . I'm not gonna give an opinion of my taper shot 5,6 hole single . But I will say the bat is pretty good looking and the guy who let me swing it said supposedly there is a thin and thick side like the Miken/Worths with thin for games and thick for Bp but there wasn't a visual cue to show the difference except possibly the paint job . The barrel is painted 70% charcoal and 30% black . That could be the identifier or it could all be bologna. Time will tell I guess

WillW3

Starting Player
Please tell me you don't believe that at all.

I believe one side is thinner than the other on the Worth/Miken because it's visual and I've seen them tested right out of the wrapper. What I don't believe is that was the intent from the manufacturer. That being said, I don't believe it as far as the Easton goes

FULKnSEEDS

Addicted to Softballfans
I believe one side is thinner than the other on the Worth/Miken because it's visual and I've seen them tested right out of the wrapper. What I don't believe is that was the intent from the manufacturer. That being said, I don't believe it as far as the Easton goes

The visual is just how the handle is set in the barrel. Hell the composite isn't even layered the same in that spot as the sweet spot. Don't you think if this were the case they would advertise it? And even better yet, why would the manufacture WANT a side that last longer and doesn't perform the same? Come on people. Softball has to be the worst at bogus rumors and hype. I've never seen anything like it. In fact, there was a fb post about a guy who wrote the manufacturer and none of this "game side, Bp side" has any weight to it.

WillW3

Starting Player
No, I agree with you guys. That's what I'm trying to say. I am saying it's just part of the process. I guess I worded it weird. Nothing is ever perfectly symmetrical.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
a small variance in the thickness at the bottom of the barrel

Right. But it's only at the bottom of the barrel. Not the whole barrel.

I'm no expert, but I wouldn't bank on a rumor of a barrel being thicker/thinner on one side or the other as the reason for one side testing higher/lower than the other. Sure it's a possibility. But there's way too many other factors I'd consider before I'd attribute it to that.

tjsully47

He hates these cans !!
I'm not saying I believed it I'm just passing on what was told to me by the guy who had the bat in his hand that isn't available to anyone else for more than a month .

Like I said it could all be bologna but I didn't make this up out of thin air . It's a local rep/dealer who sells equipment and has an Easton hook up I guess .

mike leonard

Addicted to Softballfans
Flex barrel construction for softer compression and max performance out of the wrapper. Two piece connexion and TCT composite.

Limited to 2500 bats through both associations. These are not loaded like stock Helmers.

We hit these in the cages last week and they were both really good. Basically new as well only have a few cuts on them. Better loading on them than stock Helmers which IMO have too much EL.

They will be available to ship first week of June.

ASA is all white with silver writing, USSSA is black with silver writing. I am sure most board guys have seen them already but I cannot show any images until 5/6.

24/26, 34/27, 34/28

It's 5/2, I want some images and details by Friday.

Schwarzy

On Wisconsin!
Swung it tonight. Began to really open up around 75 swings. Not quite up to my Freak 30, but I like this much better than the Helmer that was released a couple months ago.

mike leonard

Addicted to Softballfans
There is an item on Facebook about a team I can't mention here who took the new Flex technology bats to Filby's tournament and won it. Beat a Miken sponsored team in the finals. They took the wrapper off the new Eastons that morning.

speed123

Synergy Flex OG
What would cause it not to live up to the hype? Doesn't break in fast? Doesn't hit as far as Mikens? I think this bat will turn some heads at least I'm hoping!!! I'm going to pick one up regardless......... I heard ASA version was phenomenal!!!!

WillW3

Starting Player
What would cause it not to live up to the hype? Doesn't break in fast? Doesn't hit as far as Mikens? I think this bat will turn some heads at least I'm hoping!!! I'm going to pick one up regardless......... I heard ASA version was phenomenal!!!!

I'm just saying that the Helmer was hyped up and while it required less break in, the pop was still about the same. I hope it will be competitive to the Miken and Worth. I also heard that the ASA was unreal though.

speed123

Synergy Flex OG
I sure hope so none the less.........At least Easton is recognizing the change and doing something about it to keep up!! OG 100H distance w/ quick break in........would be game over for sure

hanseej

Addicted to Softballfans
Guess these will all have the 13.5 barrel. Not sure how I feel about that, but will have to give it a try.

Pretty

Softball is cool
With it being a 13.5 w/ full oz EL, is it going to swing similar to the Real Tree Mako from last year, that bat was terribly weighted.