2016 Miken Freak 30 BP

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1ur7FjaXPI[/ame]

Had my friend Jordan leading off here. Only put his video first because his swings were before mine. He was hitting a mix of Evil 52's and Evil BP Rockets. When I come up second in the video, I'm hitting this bat with around 300 swings on it. On this night we are hitting a mix of 52's and 44's. Nothing harder than a 44/400 was being used. I wish the mic could have picked up how this bat truly sounded. Still had a little bit of the Miken "ping" to it but it also had a nice deep crack to go with it. Miken is usually really generous with their endloads and this one swung way smoother than I figured. Almost swung a tad bit light. I enjoyed this bat quite a bit. This did have a true short barrel feel to it. Was on the softer side of things, with just enough of a crisp feel to let you know how you're hitting the ball. One thing that stood out to me is this not having any break in time at all. Kind of surprised me coming from Miken. All in all, if you like short barrel endloads you gotta pick one of these up!

Before 50 questions about how this compares to the Fulk, keep an eye out for another thread/video. I'll have that up when I get around to it one day this week.

Ballisttic

Star Player
Mines at 200 swings and hot as the sun. I stopped bping it due to a deep paint crack. I love this bat for sure.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah I put this one down in my first round. It was honestly so good I felt like it might break and I didn't want to be that guy.

Mr. G

(213) L.A. Confidential
Good cuts as always bro. I have one due to be delivered tomorrow and looking forward to putting some cuts on it.

-G

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Good cuts as always bro. I have one due to be delivered tomorrow and looking forward to putting some cuts on it.

-G
Thanks man. Always working to get better. Be sure and let us know how you like it!
First off, nice review as expected...second...WTF do they feed you boys...lol...
Thanks. This was one of funner reviews I've done for sure. I keep the local restaurants in business! I'll say that! :D
Them's some big ole cornfed boys!

Lol we aren't shy at the dinner table. That I can confirm!

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
I honestly haven't put but about 30-40 swing on a F12 and I'm not sure how many swings it had when I swung it. I distinctly remember what the barrel felt like and I can say these feel the same. Unsure on break in time though.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
I honestly haven't put but about 30-40 swing on a F12 and I'm not sure how many swings it had when I swung it. I distinctly remember what the barrel felt like and I can say these feel the same. Unsure on break in time though.

What oz u swinging? Also how do you like this compared to F12 / DC41?

Thought I said 28 in the video. Maybe not. See above for f12 comparison. Haven't tried a DC41 yet.

moosetaffa14

Addicted to Softballfans
Any durability concerns/ issues with your freak30 yet? How many swings... Heard they are retarded hot but haven't been durable

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Lol she's been a blast. You just have to find things to do that only involve one arm. The other is occupied 90% of the time lol

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
Mine are 5 and 3 now, but I've been waiting for the day that we can switch. "Hey boys, you remember when Dad used to carry you around everywhere?? :D :D :D"

Schwarzy

On Wisconsin!
Any durability concerns/ issues with your freak30 yet? How many swings... Heard they are retarded hot but haven't been durable

I've got probably 500 swings on mine since late January with .47/525's and have no signs of webbing, spiraling or cracks. And this bats is hotter than new love!

Ballisttic

Star Player
I've got probably 500 swings on mine since late January with .47/525's and have no signs of webbing, spiraling or cracks. And this bats is hotter than new love!

Im afraid to hit 44/375s in bp with mine. I cant imagine 47/525s with it.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Man. I'm so jealous. I'd love to hit one of these with those balls. I won't lie, I almost felt on borrowed time with this one hitting BP Rockets just because of how explosive it felt off of the barrel. Man these things are great! Too bad I'm in the poor house and can't afford one :(

Schwarzy

On Wisconsin!
I'll let you swing it on Tuesdays

Man. I'm so jealous. I'd love to hit one of these with those balls. I won't lie, I almost felt on borrowed time with this one hitting BP Rockets just because of how explosive it felt off of the barrel. Man these things are great! Too bad I'm in the poor house and can't afford one :(