2016 sp16sku

JuiceyJay

Three Six Mafia
I haven't really swung much Easton in the past and research didn't turn up too much information (that I could see)

What's the general consensus on the 2016 red/yellow Scott Kirby bomb squad usssa bat? Sbf store has them super cheap and it's peaked my interest.

Is it super stiff? Hot niw or take 2000 hits to open up?

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
Not super stiff. Kinda weird but in a good way. This is my experience.

200 swings with a good ball and it feels good almost like it's broke in. Then you hit it on an open field and realize distance isn't even close to being there.

500 swings and sound will start to change and sweet spot will start to grow. Distance will be coming around.

1000 swings and it's wide open and hits all balls well. And will last another 1000+.

Don't let the early webbing fool you (<100 swings). It will still need the swings and will take the abuse.

Coop1924

I bought one. For the price you really can't go wrong. It's an Easton and will take time to open up. All the more reason to do some BP and should last 2000+ swings. This is my third Easton and I like them but I always buy them at deep discounts. If I'm paying full price for a bat then usually I buy a Miken or Worth.

4xtra

Player/Coach
I haven't really swung much Easton in the past and research didn't turn up too much information (that I could see)

What's the general consensus on the 2016 red/yellow Scott Kirby bomb squad usssa bat? Sbf store has them super cheap and it's peaked my interest.

Is it super stiff? Hot niw or take 2000 hits to open up?

I have had several of these and like them BUT.....
Out the wrapper....not bad
1500+ pretty nice, will smash 44 cores and higher, so so with mush
3000+ on fire. Kill any ball
3500+ Unreal. Will smash the classic M 375/44 and 44/400.....testing right at 220
Mine is at 3800+ swings and the entire barrel is on fire. There is a zipper on it

I think these will last 5000+ swings

Jerrshoe

I've swung Easton's for nearly 10 years and their durability is awesome. Just bought a Freak 30 and broke it in 60 swings. Totally worth spending $100 on the bat, spending the time to break it in, and having a stick that lasts for 3 years. The Miken was instantly on fire, but the durability of newer Miken/Worth bats is absolute poop in my opinion.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I'm a fan of the '16 Kirby. IMO it comes out of the wrapper hotter than the '15 Kirby. Doesn't quite have such a hand rattling feeling.

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
Easton has started going more $$$ for $$$ on the returns. Especially since they are providing returns for Combats. So it depends on what his receipt was valued at. It's BS but they offered me an aluminum for a return for a $300 bat that was purchased on closeout for $99 and it was because the receipt was for $99. It took multiple phone calls and finally I got a cool CS person.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Yeah, hate to say it, but you guys can't really ***** when they send you back a '16 Easton for a bat you bought for $99. Especially since they probably still have thousands of '16s left.

Quinn18

Part Time Player
Anyone know how the endload is on these? The '15 Kirby felt a little on the lighter side to me on the lighter side to me so not sure if the '16 is the same way.