2017 Miken DC-41 ASA Review

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Is that the Louisville Slugger Blue Flame pitching the balls?
Yes sir! Absolutely love it. Evil Sports really took care of me with that one.
I can field this one for you. Poor dude has been asked this question a lot on the YouTube. It is a Blue Flame.
Haha!!! Thanks dude. If I could get off my butt and just do the video on it already, maybe I would quit getting asked!
You like endload so I'm not surprised you like this over the Patriot/Platinum. Another great vid!

If it's endloaded, I'm all about it lol. I did like the DC the most out of all of the endloaded Mikens so far though. I will say that.

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
Did you think the DC performed better? Or just off feell and personal preference?

Yes sir! Absolutely love it. Evil Sports really took care of me with that one.

Haha!!! Thanks dude. If I could get off my butt and just do the video on it already, maybe I would quit getting asked!

If it's endloaded, I'm all about it lol. I did like the DC the most out of all of the endloaded Mikens so far though. I will say that.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
You ever going to get reviews up of any of the new Demarini Utrip bats? Maybe even the omega?

A little off topic but I was curious.

Going to see about getting some DeMarini ASA stuff from the SBF crew in the next shipment. I have had a lot of requests about them.

motoman125yz

Addicted to Softballfans
This is beating a dead horse by now, but this bat after being warmed up by LSX is fire. This thing holds up to anything in the bag, reminds me of the DNA with a bigger sweetspot. Will be interesting to see how these do on compression.

toby917

Easton nation
My 27oz feels great Iam still getting use to the el tho...huge sweet spot less the 50 cuts on it great bat being its my first miken(coming form Easton nation)

jhitman

I just got one 2 weeks ago. Have only 30 or so hits on it so far. You can really feel the endload. Was hitting older used 52's with it and it was hitting them great right out of the wrapper. I did notice a little trampoline effect on a few swings. The 52's are so low compression it's hard to get that from any bat. I will use this bat strictly for the 52's as it was designed just for the low compression softballs.

jhitman

you guys swing your regular weights in this?

I generally swing 28's....

I got a 27 which is my normal weight. I will need to get used to it as it feels closer to a 28 than 27. I guess between the endload and the way the bat's weight is distributed. I haven't had it weighed but my guess would be at least 27.5 or more.

basilray

Got out and took some cuts last night.

I'm a warning track power kind of hitter, and a bat isn't in and of itself going to change that. However, the new DC-41 swings quite well. Great feel and initial pop off the bat, even out of the wrapper. Having previously owned the red-knobbed DC-41 for Utrip, this year's ASA has a noticeably lighter endload than I expected.

No need to go down in bat weight for it, whereas I might have suggested such w/ the old DC-41.

Took about 20 cuts with this and 20 cuts w/ a '16 Juggy OG that I just got in. They swing and feel surprisingly similar, with a couple notable differences:

-DC has a bit more endload, which you do notice when switching between them
-DC has a stiffer and larger handle

Hogrider

Got out and took some cuts last night.

I'm a warning track power kind of hitter, and a bat isn't in and of itself going to change that. However, the new DC-41 swings quite well. Great feel and initial pop off the bat, even out of the wrapper. Having previously owned the red-knobbed DC-41 for Utrip, this year's ASA has a noticeably lighter endload than I expected.

No need to go down in bat weight for it, whereas I might have suggested such w/ the old DC-41.

Took about 20 cuts with this and 20 cuts w/ a '16 Juggy OG that I just got in. They swing and feel surprisingly similar, with a couple notable differences:

-DC has a bit more endload, which you do notice when switching between them
-DC has a stiffer and larger handle

what did you like better or hit better with? I ask bc I generally like the juggy flexy handle... and you stated the DC is stiffer. I was wanting to pick one up myself to see if it fit my swing, but i can get a OG 16' juggy for 140 compared to 200+ for the DC.

thanks

basilray

what did you like better or hit better with? I ask bc I generally like the juggy flexy handle... and you stated the DC is stiffer. I was wanting to pick one up myself to see if it fit my swing, but i can get a OG 16' juggy for 140 compared to 200+ for the DC.

thanks

I didn't feel like either one had a significant advantage for me personally, though I did feel like I drug the DC through the zone a bit more. Not sure if that's just poor mechanics getting back into hitting before the season starts, or if it's due to the bat.

However, if I had to pick one, I'd lean Juggy at this point because I have been gaming my old '14 DeMarini One, so I'm more comfortable with DeMar at this point. Given some more work w/ the DC, as it starts to really open up, I can see myself using that quite a bit. My guess is I'll game both.

Price-wise, I paid $240 for the DC-41 NIW and picked up the Juggy OG used for $150.

Hogrider

I didn't feel like either one had a significant advantage for me personally, though I did feel like I drug the DC through the zone a bit more. Not sure if that's just poor mechanics getting back into hitting before the season starts, or if it's due to the bat.

However, if I had to pick one, I'd lean Juggy at this point because I have been gaming my old '14 DeMarini One, so I'm more comfortable with DeMar at this point. Given some more work w/ the DC, as it starts to really open up, I can see myself using that quite a bit. My guess is I'll game both.

Price-wise, I paid $240 for the DC-41 NIW and picked up the Juggy OG used for $150.
thanks bud

jhitman

Finally got the chance to hit my USSSA bats (orange Legit 220) and white DC41 side by side with the Miken DC41 Supermax ASA bat.I know the new technology is supposed to be better especially with the 52's, but I really didn't see any difference at all. I think my white DC41 and orange Legit were equal to or better than the Supermax.

motoman125yz

Addicted to Softballfans
If you order from the SBF store ask if they can scale one and get as close to 28oz. My 27 came in closer to 28 while some others were spot on. I don't feel the EL to be too much. Similar to a combat DBA or Future.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
still trying to figure out the weight thing. Most of my sticks are 28's.....
swing your normal weight bud you'll be fine. I picked up a 27 so it could be a team bat and it's been amazing. Funny thing about you guys saying this thing feels stiff, teammate of mine complains that it flexes too much for him. I tried to tell him that's the bat telling him it was a miss hit but he points to the 300'+ shot and says "does that look like a miss hit?"

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
Yea, i don't think he understands what Flex is...lol...

And you can mi**** a ball and still take it out a 300' field...

swing your normal weight bud you'll be fine. I picked up a 27 so it could be a team bat and it's been amazing. Funny thing about you guys saying this thing feels stiff, teammate of mine complains that it flexes too much for him. I tried to tell him that's the bat telling him it was a miss hit but he points to the 300'+ shot and says "does that look like a miss hit?"

sleepin4matty

Management Material
Yea, i don't think he understands what Flex is...lol...

And you can mi**** a ball and still take it out a 300' field...
my point exactly. he keeps calling the DC a "reflex bat"
He's currently looking for a bat to replace his SCN3. He has a 2014? Juggy (black w/ silver writing)
so I told him the DC is a great bat but he said he doesn't like reflex bats...I just giggle

Z1k05

Star Player
Utrip bat will still be better against the 52/300 ball then the new Asa technology and I have had s ton of swings with both bats to compare and and Utrip always wins