2017 Miken line

Wik

Addicted to Softballfans
I dont dislike the Psycho, its solid. Dc is just plane jane meh....the freak is DREADFUL.

Wik

Addicted to Softballfans
Looking good is a plus. I'll swing it if it's ugly if performance is where it should be. Psycho is the new freak black, gather from it

Ya i've swung pink bats that guys won't touch, i've used some fugly ones as well. As long as i'm hitting well with it that is what matters. BUT that doesn't prevent me from saying "Dear god that is ugly AF".

RAM4

Addicted to Softballfans
Saw an open player over the weekend swinging a fluorescent yellow with dark blue lettering 2 piece Miken Freak. I figure that is one of the new models.

Nrock

Miken definitely dropped the ball in the aesthetic design of the sig bats. I loved the look of the freak 12 and 2016 freak 30 but don't think I will buy a new freak 30 this year will probably find another 16 freak 30and hope Miken does better in 2018

Pesky7

Addicted to Softballfans
Looks aside, anyone put some swings on any of them yet now that they've launched? Particularly the new pyscho

THESHOE

Starting Player
Early reports here is hyping the Psycho a lot. Those who've swung it say it is a lot like the red knob OG 2pc DC41 in feel and pop etc. I am hyped to demo this one for that very reason.

The rest seem to get a pretty meh reaction, as in they are very very similar to their prior generation.

Just what I am hearing around here so far from the lucky ones tied to Miken or with early shipped bats and opportunities to actually BP this time of year.

Pesky7

Addicted to Softballfans
Early reports here is hyping the Psycho a lot. Those who've swung it say it is a lot like the red knob OG 2pc DC41 in feel and pop etc. I am hyped to demo this one for that very reason.

The rest seem to get a pretty meh reaction, as in they are very very similar to their prior generation.

Just what I am hearing around here so far from the lucky ones tied to Miken or with early shipped bats and opportunities to actually BP this time of year.

I just saw a video of two guys hitting the dc41 and pyscho on mikens fbook page, the guy says the pyscho is a half oz end load and the dc41 is a full ounce, both 14 inch barrels, does that mean they're essentially the same bat?

WillW3

Starting Player
I just saw a video of two guys hitting the dc41 and pyscho on mikens fbook page, the guy says the pyscho is a half oz end load and the dc41 is a full ounce, both 14 inch barrels, does that mean they're essentially the same bat?
Uh... no. Half ounce end load, one ounce end load. Different bats.

Pesky7

Addicted to Softballfans
Same bat with altered end loads, that's what I meant. The makeup of the bats are the same

HunglowJoe909

Addicted to Softballfans
Had a chance to hit the new DC41 yesterday. It's hot otw as with prob. There whole 17' line. Ball was flying with the classic M in the low 80's..............weighting on the 26oz. Felt identical to my OG red knob 26oz.............curious to see what other exclusives come out this year.