2017 USA AM is now "discontinued"

single wally

Professional Amateur
So after waiting almost a month for my USA AM return, I finally got an answer from Demarini CS this morning:

"Sorry sir, but this bat has been discontinued"

WTF, they are discontinuing one of their flagship ASA models in the middle of the season?

single wally

Professional Amateur
Just got off the phone with another rep. She said to wait a week because the 2018s should be out next week. 0-2 in getting an answer that makes sense.

single wally

Professional Amateur
For kicks I called back a third time and got another rep. He confirmed that the 2017 USA AM is on their discontinued list and that the 2018 line should be out in the next week or so. Still sounds strange but I'll just have to wait and see if what they're saying is true.

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Ding ding ding with the new peeps coming over from worth Miken they are speeding up the process to sell bats close to msrp instead of sitting on stock all year, it was funny when the prerelease advertised price for aftermaths was like 245 from most softball sites, and major retailers for 329.99, then they were on clearance for like 180, new return policy and I'm sure other things will be changing at Demarini/Louisville/Wilson as well, more
Exclusives being offered at max dollar, less discounts= more money, makes good business sense

jhsfive

Outstanding Mutha****er
So, it's coming out in two or so weeks and there's no pics anywhere? Damn we slackin

tonys1

I didn't get very far with my return either, still waiting for a solution. They offered me 3 utrip models as a replacement (DB44, dinger slinger and I forget), I told them I can't play with either one, so they are back on the drawing board.

tonys1

Just received an email that my replacement was found in the US - I've been dealing with Wilson / Demarini support in Canada and they will ship me out a replacement Flipper USA. That makes me happy because now I can buy a XXL from Chad instead!

tonys1

I have both - the sounds is different off the bat, the 17 model is far superior in every way IMO

sportwarrior

Addicted to Softballfans
What the heck happened with the 2017 line? This feels incredibly early to discontinue a model year. I usually snap up closeout deals at the end of the calendar year, but here we are in August and 17 AM USAs are impossible to find. What gives?

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Is the 2017 Flipper USA a re-paint from 2016? Or did they do something different?
Everyone has their opinions on this but yes they are the same bat..
What the heck happened with the 2017 line? This feels incredibly early to discontinue a model year. I usually snap up closeout deals at the end of the calendar year, but here we are in August and 17 AM USAs are impossible to find. What gives?
Probably the fact that demarini/retailers had them priced less that what they normally would have throughout the year due to the new miken/worth stuff imo