2018 Easton Ghost ASA

poalrisxltsp

Addicted to Softballfans
Hit this bat in BP last night. Wow does it sound odd. The ball really springs off this bat. Like most I have not swung easton that past couple years but wow this thing hit well. What are others thoughts so far on this? It is going to be "the bat " to own this year. The few bad things i have heard so far is durability and passing compression. With a 1 year warrenty I am not too worried about the durability.
Thoughts? Comments?

ShortYellowBus

KJ13 didn’t like it. I think his main complaint was that it was too easy to hit it home runs on a 280 ft baseball field with a 40 foot fence.

Zpete1

Extra Hitter
I like it so far. I only BPed with it, also hearing about durability I put it away until the season starts in May. Does come off the bat well and I’m sure the sound will get some people talking as it’s unusual.

ShortYellowBus

I like it.

The crack sound of the barrel is loud and expressive. Good performance.

The players on the other team know to back up next time!

antneeb3

Addicted to Softballfans
I have the FP model and really like it. Def hotter than the eastons of the past couple of years.

kj13

Addicted to Softballfans
KJ13 didn’t like it. I think his main complaint was that it was too easy to hit it home runs on a 280 ft baseball field with a 40 foot fence.

Ha ha. I got to hit one over the weekend (second try with it) I might've changed my mind on it. I think the one I hit this past weekend had more swings than syb’s. I might have to pick one up after all. Very solid performer

Last edited:

seniorss

Addicted to Softballfans
Put 40 swings on mind yesterday. Will say it is hotter out of the wrapper than my Torqs, but I wouldn't say if was gas. I would use it in a game but I'm not ready to put my Torq down for it. My BP buddies said it sounded like a $50 Walmart bat and I would have to agree. It has started to spider web like the SRV3 and hopefully the performance will improved and that Walmart sound will change.

jk22

Humpty Dumpty was Pushed.....
Yah
Put 40 swings on mind yesterday. Will say it is hotter out of the wrapper than my Torqs, but I wouldn't say if was gas. I would use it in a game but I'm not ready to put my Torq down for it. My BP buddies said it sounded like a $50 Walmart bat and I would have to agree. It has started to spider web like the SRV3 and hopefully the performance will improved and that Walmart sound will change.
Yeah... has this weird doyyyk sound..
Haven't swung it personally but was playing 3rd when i heard it hit...
$299 price tag won't last long...IMO

seniorss

Addicted to Softballfans
Update, now have 200 swings on my Ghost. Bat is starting to open up and the performance is getting better. The sound is changing a little,but it's still weird.I feel that even though it has the inner barrel, it's still an Easton and it will take longer than the Worth and Mikens to get where I want it to be.