2018 Rule Changes

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
There was only one rule change that affects adult slow pitch this year. From the USA Softball website (I've bolded the pertinent change):

Once the ball has been returned to the infield and time is called, any COACH or infielder, with or without possession of the ball, may make a verbal appeal on a runner missing a base or leaving too soon on a caught fly ball. No runner may leave a base during this period as the ball remains dead until the next pitch.

So now, coaches are allowed to initiate an appeal when the ball is dead.

Dan411

Star Player
just wondering, unfortunate how?
First of all, I need to check my reading comprehension, because he mentioned coed changing to a 12" 52/300 (maybe he meant 11"?). Our girls changed their 11" 44/375 to a 11" 52/300 last year. General consensus was they didn't like it. I actually like hitting the 52, and played when we hit the 44/375 ball in ASA. Most of our bats are non-linears, ASA only, so of course the girls hit the old 44/375 11" well. The 52, not so much.

MPT23

Putting on the foil
At the beginning of 2017. My league here in southern oregon switched the ladies ball to a 11" 52/300 to much chagrin