belly43

Bored without softball
Ive looked but not very hard can someone tell me the difference in 2018 and 2017 as far as the technology goes or point me in the right direction. Thanks

THESHOE

Starting Player
What we know....

2017 = Flex (trademarked) tech

2018 = FireFlex (trademarked) tech

Same connections.

From those who've hit it that I know, saying MUCH hotter out of wrap. Closer to Miken/Worth bats. We'll see about that... No 12" other than exclusives for right now. FireFlex retail full line production bats are 13.5" for now.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm hoping this is like last seasons mid season release and the 12" helmer and Wegman come out later.

Gnar4ever

What we know....

2017 = Flex (trademarked) tech

2018 = FireFlex (trademarked) tech

Same connections.

From those who've hit it that I know, saying MUCH hotter out of wrap. Closer to Miken/Worth bats. We'll see about that... No 12" other than exclusives for right now. FireFlex retail full line production bats are 13.5" for now.

The connections look different calling out "Connection Plus" I heard they are softer and reduce the vibrations more than the current flex but that could be marking mumbo jumbo. The Easton line will have Fire Flex all 13.5" barrels but will have a balanced and loaded version. Then Exclusive line will start with a 1 piece(Purple Nurple) and 12"(blue Line) barrel versions of the Fire Flex.

THESHOE

Starting Player
Didn't notice the connection difference in specs. My buddy told me to him it was same as the 17 line and the Zero. Obviously it's hearsay for now.

But he said barrel was hot af and felt great out of the gate vs the slower start green and baker had. Mind you, with enough work they got really really good so excited to see what the Bal Fire Flex is about.

Also curious to try the Mizuno Crush 12" bats coming. Not usually a 12" guy, but Mizuno has been on a great run improving yearly lately.

I seriously can't possibly expect too much out of Worth/Miken. Keep making the same goodies, try not to stray too much...

The connections look different calling out "Connection Plus" I heard they are softer and reduce the vibrations more than the current flex but that could be marking mumbo jumbo. The Easton line will have Fire Flex all 13.5" barrels but will have a balanced and loaded version. Then Exclusive line will start with a 1 piece(Purple Nurple) and 12"(blue Line) barrel versions of the Fire Flex.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Easton is being dumb by not releasing a regular model 12" bat. Even as a dedicated Easton swinger I MUCH prefer their short barreled models to the silly 13.5" stuff.

I for one don't want to have to pay $100 extra for some 12" barrel exclusive.

THESHOE

Starting Player
Totally agree. A few of the Green 17 lovers are disappointed they'll not have a 2018 version to work in during the winter cage sessions. Their gamers are fire and parked now. Like everyone else, they hoped to collect a newer version of it to put the off season work in by the spring.

I am happy to see the 13.5" EL back mind you. It has a place, I loved the way the 16 Flex swung.

Easton is being dumb by not releasing a regular model 12" bat. Even as a dedicated Easton swinger I MUCH prefer their short barreled models to the silly 13.5" stuff.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's what the fire flex is like. I kick myself for not even trying it, but I was trying to win lol.

Hiltz

Built for comfort

The one thing Easton has always had over other manufacturers is a line of short-barreled bats with some serious endload. Now they seem to be imitating everyone else and going with big barrels and wimpy loading.

I'll be sticking with my L1, Kirby, and Wegman Flexes until they come out with a regular-production 12" barrel.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
The one thing Easton has always had over other manufacturers is a line of short-barreled bats with some serious endload. Now they seem to be imitating everyone else and going with big barrels and wimpy loading.

I'll be sticking with my L1, Kirby, and Wegman Flexes until they come out with a regular-production 12" barrel.

Agree. Luckily I have quite a few 12" barrel Eastons saved up over the last few years.

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
Agree. Luckily I have quite a few 12" barrel Eastons saved up over the last few years.

Likewise...OG LV1, 14’ LV1, and SBE. I’m good for a bit. Nothing has really impressed me that much to make me put down my gamers.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Likewise...OG LV1, 14’ LV1, and SBE. I’m good for a bit. Nothing has really impressed me that much to make me put down my gamers.

I bought 4 '16 Kirbys for pretty much dirt cheap. I have a whole slew of good Eastons that will probably last the rest of my life. I also don't hit BP with my gamers, so I've got bats for years.

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
Any asa ghost info?

Can’t share pics yet, but its white with black writing. I was told by a credible source that they made some tweaks after demoing the Project 9 Ghost. I’m looking forward to hitting this and the Fireflex.

The Ghost is a great step for them in the ASA game...

THESHOE

Starting Player
I just wish I could shoot the guy who leaked pics of a black with metallic gold Balanced Utrip FireFlex..... Bat looked hype and classy. Plain, and dare I say Adult Male Friendly?

And then somehow let the final product become that pink and neon catastrophe. WTF though, seriously...... The EL model is really no better. Both were leaked as sweet black bats with minimal graphics... Then production pics leak and they look like kids toys.

Easton was on a great roll with simple normal looking bats. Why try the neon crap 4 years late to the party? Ugh.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
The one that my team hit around here seemed pretty subdued. Only the logo had flashy colors. I want a silver Genesis type design at some point. It's been fifteen years!!!

THESHOE

Starting Player
22365516_1855697407791380_3758099952723394088_n.jpg

Maybe this one isn't too too bad, but it's the EL version....

I'd hoped for this one mind you....
22221238_293962701085843_5650346467949281280_n.jpg

But no..... The balanced is this....

22770917_1585729741483449_6324020347045329602_o.jpg

pkc31887

Addicted to Softballfans
I hate to say it but Easton is doing it the right way for the suppliers who are making exclusives. The blue line is the only 12" fire flex model as of now so for those who only swing 12" barrels, thats the path they have to take. Now for the consumers, its terrible that the only 12" option is an exclusive. I mean 3 years ago, demarini had their regular line of bats and then something like 8 exclusives. the specs for some of the exclusives were the same for the main line bats so these companies paid a ton of money to have an exclusive bat and then customers would go buy the main line version with the same specs for $60 less. Im sure a 12" model will be released after the blue line has had time to sell.

THESHOE

Starting Player
There's rumour of a new spec bat.

Ressy Easton 12.5" and by players' requests of specs and design.

Again, for now it's rumour and what I am hearing.

No idea if exclusive or full retail
Line etc.

Def seems fishy that there isn't a direct replacement to the Green Flex yet...