2019 Demarini Mercy - Any feedback or reviews on this?

4xtra

Player/Coach
ee66e32a144248bd932c077e93cf7f4b.jpg

A few years ago I have seen these in action and they were super hot.
Then seen a bad review on the 2017, now on the 2019 model, I have not even seen this bat in action out here or any real reviews on this...

Does anyone have any real feedback on this?

ShortYellowBus

Then seen a bad review on the 2017, now on the 2019 model, I have
Two piece linear bat with no endload and 13” barrel.

Linear bat means no divergence technology, so it’s truly Og.

With that said, the linear composite design does not force you to hit the one spot on the bat with the inserts, so it doesn’t take that long to adapt to this bat.

And, from the onset Mercy’s were marketed and designed by DeMarini for female slowpitch players. So that information probably got around by now, coupled with no divergence tech, it’s a good bat but not as appealing as it once was (for men).

4xtra

Player/Coach
Does this have the
4.ONE?
or APC composite barrel?

Demarini has conflicting info on their site:

Show no Mercy. With unbelievable bat speed, the 2019 Mercy is made ready-to-rake with an ASA-approved 13" 4.ONE Composite Barrel. This stick has a massive sweet spot that rips through the zone at warp speed. The only thing faster than your bat speed? The ball leaving the yard.

• Half + Half: two-piece design
  • New Advance Performance Composite (APC): Barrel designed for maximum compression and a rapid break-in for a game-ready feel
  • ZnX Alloy Handle: By increasing stiffness and durability, the ZnX alloy handle flexes less and forces the barrel to deflect more for increased overall barrel performance
  • USA: Designed and assembled in the USA
  • 13" Barrel: Balanced Load

Last edited:

jkwoody22

League ball huer
They where always 4.one composite barrel and handle, no alloy, also balance except for in 16 had a little endload, and only 25 and 26, now most bats come in those lower weights, so not as desirable as it once was, mid load stamped now? I’m guessing that is a misprint in the description, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they did change the makeup, they did change the juggy handle, so who knows, if they made it like the purple 16 that would be good

Last edited:

MaStEr IrOc

My wife loves her 18. Got it for her for Christmas and she's been having good luck. Great bat with lighter swing weight

lakeyale13

Manager

Then seen a bad review on the 2017, now on the 2019 model, I have not even seen this bat in action out here or any real reviews on this...

Does anyone have any real feedback on this?

By whats in the background...I would rather swing Glamdring or Andruil. Those have greater lineages. (#TolkienNerd)