2019 Utrip DeMarini's

THESHOE

Starting Player
I did not know that. Interesting.

Do they have DC41 bats but not Denny's name on it anymore? Seems whack.

Larsen is a surprising one, but it's not liek the venture to Worth put him in a forefront of any kind.

Hopefully one of those 3 decides on a Fusion (Comp) Handle Nautalai as a model to be made... Bring back the OG frame....

Baker, Crine, and Larsen all signed with demarini for the 2019 year is what he is referring to

SwingTheD206

I could see Baker and Larsen getting A3 exclusive signiture bats. Maybe something similar to the Malice and Malice EXT. Crine should get a senior bat push. Seems like he will be the face of DeMarini in that respect.

jkwoody22

League ball huer
I think it literally just happened, the dc with miken where made and announced in October/November with a December release, maybe contract expired on dec 31, he has been with them what seems like forever, I’m trying to remember a couple years ago demarini hired miken/worth designers to up their utrip game, maybe those relationships helped them to bring in hall, fulk, and Crine, or maybe it is all about the money lol, and Larsen is demarini, it was sad he was pushed out, glad they brought him back

sportwarrior

Addicted to Softballfans
I had the privilege of swinging a 27.5 2019 Nautalai EL this weekend at Civil War in Southern California. That thing was absolutely fantastic. Before I had the opportunity to use it I was swinging the 2019 TM and was having zero luck. I'm sure part of my issue was the lighter weighting (26/27) and part of it was the balance, but overall the difference between the two was night and day. A few other of my teammates preferred the TM, but that Nautalai is the first bat in a long time that's making me consider paying full price for a new release.

Batalot

I had the privilege of swinging a 27.5 2019 Nautalai EL this weekend at Civil War in Southern California. That thing was absolutely fantastic. Before I had the opportunity to use it I was swinging the 2019 TM and was having zero luck. I'm sure part of my issue was the lighter weighting (26/27) and part of it was the balance, but overall the difference between the two was night and day. A few other of my teammates preferred the TM, but that Nautalai is the first bat in a long time that's making me consider paying full price for a new release.
How heavy was the EL?

sportwarrior

Addicted to Softballfans
Honestly, I couldn't tell you exactly. I can tell you that my favorite bats of all time were 30oz 2015/16 AM Flippers, and that this bat fit my swing just as well or better than those bats did.

Batalot

I'm perplexed cause it's a 26.5 ounce bat with a supposedly .5 EL.. but, me so weak, have trouble swinging 26.5.. however, Demarini's handles tend to be about an ounce heavier (10.7 as opposed to most everyone's 9.7) that the barrell it's self is going to be an ounce lighter.. I don't know, we'll see in about a week I guess.

THESHOE

Starting Player
To me it swings very much like a Melon. I like their 27.5 just like I would in a Green Helmer Flex or Melon.

Now I would say if you are the type to like 27 but buy Melons in 26.5, you probably want 26.5 in this bat as well. For the same reasons.

It is not swinging/feeling extra hefty like OG Nautalai did. My 2 27s feel like 28s almost. They are hefty.

It swings like a 1/2 load bat but with the extra 1/2 weight - So again, like a Melon.

If they haven't made a 25.5 they should in this one IMO. There'd be a market for it I think. Especially with how forgiving this barrel get once worked in. (Which literally takes about 18 barreled balls on all 4 sides lol)

I'm perplexed cause it's a 26.5 ounce bat with a supposedly .5 EL.. but, me so weak, have trouble swinging 26.5.. however, Demarini's handles tend to be about an ounce heavier (10.7 as opposed to most everyone's 9.7) that the barrell it's self is going to be an ounce lighter.. I don't know, we'll see in about a week I guess.

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
This could make good sense.

But I swear the '19 DC41 still had his name all over it...

So is it a known thing, but effective 2020?

All it was is that Denny was going to Demarini at the new year. I’m sure Miken pushed for a early realease just so they could make a bat with his name on before the new year for one last hoorah to make as much money as possible. There was probably an agreement saying they couldn’t produce a new bat after Jan 1, but could sell remaining stock. So they produced a bunch of them, and they are banking on whatever didn’t sell in preorders flies off the shelves due to the fact that it is Denny’s last Miken bat unless he goes back. I’m sure they will wait a little bit for inventory to get low and then produce another long barrel super max bat as either a main line or with someone else’s name on it. It will be interesting to see if/what bat gets his name on it from Demarini.

sportwarrior

Addicted to Softballfans
Why does anyone care whose name is on a bat? I'm genuinely asking, because all that's ever mattered to me is how a bat's weighting and balance and barrel suits my swing. Will Denny Crane bring particular measurements with him to his Demarini bats? Or are people really just super into signature bats?

THESHOE

Starting Player
I never really cared either. Same factors as you. Never been one to be brand biased either. You give me access to try it, I'll give it a go.

Half the time, I don't even know who the heck the people are. Nowadays I am a little more in tune cause I've gotten into following Utrip and such.

But, not to the point where a player's name affects my choice in bat. That being said, it would be nice to collect the JL44 Louisville and Steele Easton for the Canadian factor only. Not necessarily as a gamer choice.

As for the Miken, I feel like DC41 is a bigger name than Denny Crine itself. Most know the acronym naming the bat, but not who the guy actually is.

I would hate to be a Miken rep next year when everyone is looking for the DC and it's become some new person's bat confusing everyone.

It would be like the year Titleist doesn't call it a ProV1 ball anymore...

Why does anyone care whose name is on a bat? I'm genuinely asking, because all that's ever mattered to me is how a bat's weighting and balance and barrel suits my swing. Will Denny Crane bring particular measurements with him to his Demarini bats? Or are people really just super into signature bats?

sportwarrior

Addicted to Softballfans
Got it. Sounds like we're pretty much of the same mind.

Well, mostly. I own a 2016 DC41 and had no idea it had anything to do with Denny until the 2017 models came out. Also, until your post I legitimately thought his name was "Crane."

Signatures mean a lot to me, apparently.

Redsfan

When I got my 2018 Worth Legit Harvey, I didn't know who Ryan Harvey was, except for his picture on the Worth website. It wasn't until after I bought the bat that I researched who he is. I hadn't played in almost 17 years so most of the newer Pro's I have no clue who they are. I remember signature team bats back in the day but not a lot of individual player bats. It doesn't matter to me who's name is on a bat but it probably does for the Pro that gets paid royalties from it.

dunkky

personally i don't care either as long as it performs and fits my swing. having said that, this is no different than, MJ sneakers, BH gloves, Tiger's shirt, whatever... Does it mean they are good, no. but the marketing research said, it sells better and more. It's a fact.

THESHOE

Starting Player
Totally not the same ball. Tried it and went back to PV1/Pv1x quick.

Clickier firmer ball. Was as good greenside though. But not as good off driver and irons. Putter like pooh in comparison feel wise. Big reason I love PV1x is putt feel.

AVX anyone?:confused:

THESHOE

Starting Player
Quicker break in, but not fast game ready like Nautalai and TM.

Still feels very Newbreed like. Not my cup of tea. Smaller sweet spot than Juggy to me 12" vs 12" compared.

More like Juggy - where you want some work into it and it will maintain longer.

New Breed with a more prominent EL.. from what I hear.

Last edited:

chile

Bad Ape
Quicker break in, but not fast game ready like Nautalai and TM.

Still feels very Newbreed like. Not my cup of tea. Smaller sweet spot than Juggy to me 12" vs 12" compared.

More like Juggy - where you want some work into it and it will maintain longer.

and while I hit them fine enough, I am not a fan …(well, maybe I mean not "in love with")... of the feel with the alloy handles...the 19 juggy does have the comp handle again, correct? I can't remember now....

Last edited:

Mr. Purple

I guess I am in the minority of people in that I like the stiff metal handles leaving the flex to the barrel. I am excited to try out the endloaded nautalai.

THESHOE

Starting Player
No, most like the combo you like. Hence why Red Nautalai will be a big hit.

I'm in the minority who likes the whippy Juggy handle & is sad there's no 13" Continous Fiber barrel matched with that handle this year.

What I meant about comparing Juggy and Fulk being a like, is that unlike TM and Red Naut that are hot really fast - Fulk and Juggy are decent out of wrap, but take more work and will hold compression as a result longer.

The best tech is hands down continuous fiber barrel in the Nautalais IMO. I'd love to see them make 12" Juggy barrel with that tech and come back to a 13" w/ comp handle. One of the two.

Either way, solid lineup from Demarini this year.

I guess I am in the minority of people in that I like the stiff metal handles leaving the flex to the barrel. I am excited to try out the endloaded nautalai.

Batalot

Got the big Red Naut.. what a beaut.
Swang great, felt good.....well felt light headed.
26.5 scaled to 26.1. The tip scaled to 16.1.. only slightly more than the 26.5 standard issue which by all accounts is light.
In comparison the 26 Freak 30 scaled to 16.9

I think it was missing a half ounce Endload there, had the EL been that extra .4 oz, would have been perfect.
I was rather disappointed in that needless to say.