2019 Utrip DeMarini's

superfli18

Addicted to Softballfans
Just got my 19 naut and put some swings on it yesterday. I will agree it comes out of wrapper pretty stiff but opens up VERY fast. The entire barrel isnt as forgiving and soft as my SBF fireflex BUT its opening up nice and IMO right there with the easton. Which is saying a lot cuz that Easton is FIRE!

I got the 27.5. Decent EL. Comes through zone QUICK! I could almost go up an oz. and be fine. Really like stock grip! Paint seems solid. So far nothing but good things!

msw4indy

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone swung a 28 balanced Nautilai? Seen people that say it is balanced but also seen other's say it is mid loaded. Anyone that has swung it have any feedback on that?

bird25

34/30 Club #25
Just got my 19 naut and put some swings on it yesterday. I will agree it comes out of wrapper pretty stiff but opens up VERY fast. The entire barrel isnt as forgiving and soft as my SBF fireflex BUT its opening up nice and IMO right there with the easton. Which is saying a lot cuz that Easton is FIRE!

I got the 27.5. Decent EL. Comes through zone QUICK! I could almost go up an oz. and be fine. Really like stock grip! Paint seems solid. So far nothing but good things!

Yep, I love the way the 29.5 swings for me, but it’s been too cold to risk hitting it in BP since last years broke on me so quick

superfli18

Addicted to Softballfans
Yep, I love the way the 29.5 swings for me, but it’s been too cold to risk hitting it in BP since last years broke on me so quick

That's what worries me. I hear they can be very fragile. How long did yours last? Hoping they may have improved durability this year.

scottydoesnt

Extra Hitter
I was really looking at picking up a Balanced Nautalai this year. Hmmmmm. Guess I should at least wait until the weather warms up.... so like August ?

SwingTheD206

That's what worries me. I hear they can be very fragile. How long did yours last? Hoping they may have improved durability this year.
Durability has definitely improved with the 2019 Nautalai's and Twisted Mistress. About 25-30 of us were swinging them alongside some prototypes yesterday afternoon in 28 degree weather. They'll be in a bunch of hands this weekend at the NW Superdraft.

bird25

34/30 Club #25

Mine less than 100 swings but the guy I sold the replacement to is still using it, so I guess I just got a bad one

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
With these hot out of the wrapper bats the outliers break crazy fast. The true defects.

chile

Bad Ape
hit both the fulk and nautalai el today...the nautalai is great. el is definitely not very el'd but very nice. and i didn't notice the alloy handle "feedback" the way i thought i would. very nice, easy swinging bat. hit some nice shots with it...and i don't even feel like it's opened up :/...and for those that have said the fulk isn't as hot outta the wrapper, i'll say you're partially correct. first hit had a nice crack and the ball just went...maybe a little behind the nautalai but i can live with that if it's this good outta the wrapper. nice el and great pop. not a full barrel ss but even hits low on it came off very nice. hard to decide what to swing this year in utrip ;)

superfli18

Addicted to Softballfans
hit both the fulk and nautalai el today...the nautalai is great. el is definitely not very el'd but very nice. and i didn't notice the alloy handle "feedback" the way i thought i would. very nice, easy swinging bat. hit some nice shots with it...and i don't even feel like it's opened up :/...and for those that have said the fulk isn't as hot outta the wrapper, i'll say you're partially correct. first hit had a nice crack and the ball just went...maybe a little behind the nautalai but i can live with that if it's this good outta the wrapper. nice el and great pop. not a full barrel ss but even hits low on it came off very nice. hard to decide what to swing this year in utrip ;)

I agree! If the naut can prove to be durable this year, I think it will be one of the top utrip bats. I didnt notice any feedback either. I'd like to swing last years just to compare.

chile

Bad Ape
I agree! If the naut can prove to be durable this year, I think it will be one of the top utrip bats. I didnt notice any feedback either. I'd like to swing last years just to compare.

i was talking to some dude who said he's got 700ish hits on his el nautalai...just a paint seam. that's it.

THESHOE

Starting Player
Go with what you liked in the Jeff Hall Worth bats. You won't go wrong.

Just about everyone I know on the Red bat tip matched their weight to their Melon or Helmer and are happy.

FWIW

How the weighting on the demarini Nautalai? Swing 27oz should i stick with the 27.5 or go 26.5?

andjayik

Manager
The only hall I had was the white and pink one and that was 27.5, my bluline is 27 oz so I should be fine with the naut 27.5?

THESHOE

Starting Player
Yes.

I swung 27.5 in the Black w/ Pink Handle Hall. 27.5 in Green Helmer Flex.

27oz in Black Nautalai and Juggys.

If I buy a Red Naut - It'll be 27.5 - The 26.5 felt like a 26oz to me bat and too light. I was feeling with 26.5 I was swinging a lighter bat than my usual preferences.

27.5 felt right - Except for the tin can handle I don't like.

The only hall I had was the white and pink one and that was 27.5, my bluline is 27 oz so I should be fine with the naut 27.5?

THESHOE

Starting Player
Got my Fulk yesterday, took it out alongside my well worked in 18/19 Juggys.

It was very good in comparison right away. After about 35 balls on it, right there with the Juggys.

Adds an option for me now to hit and potentially game comfortably. Didn't expect to like it, or the handle. I won the bat in a social media contest.

Much to my surprise, guessing because of the 12" and good EL amount - The handle had a slight kick to it I liked. Less harsh feeling than the 13" bats with alloy to me.

Just making me wish for a 12" big EL Nautalai now between the 19 Juggy and Fulk love. Guess I have to line up a DB44 Naut to demo soon. Maybe it was EL and less about handle material?