2020 miken ultra 2 Johnny Bailey

BASH 21

Will go box on friends!
Its a fire stick from swing 1! It has a half ounce endload that you can feel but nothing overpowering. Very similar in feel to my Hallsey , LV1 and Fab 14.

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
Different opinions out there but I usually swing 26 endload..had to go 27 in the JB.

Mont 25

Addicted to Softballfans
This bat swings very smoothly and the weight seems true to what's on the bat.The 1/2 ounce end-load is noticeable, but it's not overwhelming.It's responsive right out of the wrapper with great exit speeds and distance. For me, after 60-70 swings, the performance changed--the bat became hotter and the sound changed. After 100+ swings the bat is game ready. I feel like I have great control of the bat where I can hit what the team needs, whether it's home run or hard line-drive.

C-DAWG25

This bat swings very smoothly and the weight seems true to what's on the bat.The 1/2 ounce end-load is noticeable, but it's not overwhelming.It's responsive right out of the wrapper with great exit speeds and distance. For me, after 60-70 swings, the performance changed--the bat became hotter and the sound changed. After 100+ swings the bat is game ready. I feel like I have great control of the bat where I can hit what the team needs, whether it's home run or hard line-drive.
Cant wait to get mine.

C-DAWG25

YES !!!
20200320_162737.33979

C-DAWG25

** The >>>2020 miken ultra 2 Johnny Bailey is the TRUTH !!!!

Got a chance to swing the JB but was in a rush to spend time with my grandsons so I only had about 30 mins to do so and only got to put 25 hits on it. All I can say it is the Nastiest and Sickest bat I have hit with out of the wrapper ! I am thinking of naming it the RONA !
The field I was hitting on are 305 right and left and 310 center, grass area is around 330-345 and parking lot around 400. On the 4th hit went onto the grass area !!! then hit 5 more that went yard. After about 12 hits I pick up my gamer J3A that has well over 1100 hits on it to compare and yes the J3A out hits it about 20 -30 feet but my lord for a bat that I just took off the wrapper and only be behind it but that many feet is insane !

I don't know if it is just that the JB just fits my swing and the handle flex is point on ! but of all the years I have been playing softball I never bought a bat that performed this nasty and up there with a bat that has a over 1100 swings on it. All I know is I will be placing an order on 2 more.

Summery :
25 hits
10 went yard (310-345)
02 close to the parking lot (360-370)

18020.jpeg

Playr4

Coach
Does the JB have a stiff handle, or do you guys feel any flex in the handle?
What is the difference between the 2019 and 2020 models?

Thanks

Last edited:

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
I have to agree - it’s the best senior Miken bat I’ve ever owned. It absolutely out hit every other Miken
Senior bat I’ve owned by a loooong ways. The only senior bats that it’s not out hitting and it’s not far behind are my Adidas and Suncoat . But Kudos to Miken for making this JB sr bat and getting back into the sr game in a big way- well done.

C-DAWG25

I have to agree - it’s the best senior Miken bat I’ve ever owned. It absolutely out hit every other Miken
Senior bat I’ve owned by a loooong ways. The only senior bats that it’s not out hitting and it’s not far behind are my Adidas and Suncoat . But Kudos to Miken for making this JB sr bat and getting back into the sr game in a big way- well done.

Mnball speaks nothing but FACTS

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
C-DAWG25 I was down on Miken for years with their poor performing senior bats but the JB is the real deal and everyone that I know that has bought one agrees - its a monster after 75 or so swings and most are saying right out of the wrapper. Just an FYI - am not one of the guys to ever say a bat is hot out of the wrapper - but thats just me -most great bats really change after about 50-60 cuts and for me after about 70 or so my JB was on fire.

C-DAWG25

C-DAWG25 I was down on Miken for years with their poor performing senior bats but the JB is the real deal and everyone that I know that has bought one agrees - its a monster after 75 or so swings and most are saying right out of the wrapper. Just an FYI - am not one of the guys to ever say a bat is hot out of the wrapper - but thats just me -most great bats really change after about 50-60 cuts and for me after about 70 or so my JB was on fire.

mnball I have to agree with you 100% I was down on Miken and had my doubts about picking up another one, but man I am happy I did.

BASH 21

Will go box on friends!
To answer the other half of Playr4's question. Last years JB was in my opinion just like the blue Patriot from the year before. which were both hot bats but you had to put 600 or so cuts on it to wake them up.

Mr. G

(213) L.A. Confidential
I bought into the hype and ordered a Johnny Bailey yesterday. Honestly don’t know when l’ll be able to hit with it, but I’m looking forward to it.
They had been selling out in some spots so I grabbed one when I could.

-G

C-DAWG25

when to the softball park today to get some more hits on my JB using my green pop toss and I never never never hit up the middle and this time I did and it cost me !!

[GALLERY=media, 34035]20200420_131153 by C-DAWG25 posted Apr 20, 2020 at 4:20 PM[/GALLERY]

Dan Schneider

The 50's Club
when to the softball park today to get some more hits on my JB using my green pop toss and I never never never hit up the middle and this time I did and it cost me !!

[GALLERY=media, 34035]20200420_131153 by C-DAWG25 posted Apr 20, 2020 at 4:20 PM[/GALLERY]

Good to see that wasn't a person laying there!