2020 Senior Miken Bat question

STONEYD65

Five-O Five-O
I'm looking at the 2020 2 piece Miken senior bats to add to what I have now. I currenty use old school senior bats (ASA stamped U2, Combat Original), and 2017 Melee. I'm looking to try a two piece Miken since I love my Yellow Freak 30 i use in my other non-senior league. I'm considering the 2020 Johnny Baily and the 2020 Jason Kendrick. I'm reading great reviews on the JB. Any thought on the differnces between the two other than the JB being 12" barrel and the JK being 14"?

C-DAWG25

All I can say is the 2020 JB is the TRUTH !! straight FIRE out of the wrapper as of yet I have never in all my years had a bat that was this SICK with under 50 hits. Now as far as the JK I have not had this bat in my hands but I did have the AT18 which is also 14" and comparing it to the JB which is 12" and my gamer which is OG J3A bubble knob I am starting to think that 12 inch bats may have a little better performance on their end.

Last edited:

hamneggs

If you like the Freak 30, then the JB is probably what you want to swing. I have a 26 and 27oz Kendrick and love them, but I've always liked the longer barrel Mikens better than the shorter barrels.

Mont 25

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm looking at the 2020 2 piece Miken senior bats to add to what I have now. I currenty use old school senior bats (ASA stamped U2, Combat Original), and 2017 Melee. I'm looking to try a two piece Miken since I love my Yellow Freak 30 i use in my other non-senior league. I'm considering the 2020 Johnny Baily and the 2020 Jason Kendrick. I'm reading great reviews on the JB. Any thought on the differnces between the two other than the JB being 12" barrel and the JK being 14"?

I have the 2020 Miken JB and the Worth AT18; both in 28oz. I like them both and have experienced incredible performance out of them both. The JB has a 12" barrel and is a 2-piece which is similar to your Freak 30. Being end-loaded and having a smaller barrel the sweet spot will be smaller. I found the AT18 to be a shade more balanced, although it has an 1/2 oz. end-load. Please see these links below of each bat.

Johnny Bailey =

Alan Tanner =

Enjoy, and best of luck! With practice you'll be happy with either.

bigcat21

THE OFFICIAL SBF SALSERO
I have the 2020 Miken JB and the Worth AT18; both in 28oz. I like them both and have experienced incredible performance out of them both. The JB has a 12" barrel and is a 2-piece which is similar to your Freak 30. Being end-loaded and having a smaller barrel the sweet spot will be smaller. I found the AT18 to be a shade more balanced, although it has an 1/2 oz. end-load. Please see these links below of each bat.

Johnny Bailey =

Alan Tanner =

Enjoy, and best of luck! With practice you'll be happy with either.
Mont,
Did get to swing the Worth Marauder...? I got a 28oz from Alan... It's been raining out here for the last 3 days...

Mont 25

Addicted to Softballfans
Mont,
Did get to swing the Worth Marauder...? I got a 28oz from Alan... It's been raining out here for the last 3 days...
Bigcat21,
It has the same barrel as the AT18. I have enjoyed swinging the AT18 and it has tremendous pop and distance. I hope our season is able to get going sometime soon. I'd like to see live action with the AT18. How are you liking the one ounce end-load on the Marauder?

bigcat21

THE OFFICIAL SBF SALSERO
Bigcat21,
It has the same barrel as the AT18. I have enjoyed swinging the AT18 and it has tremendous pop and distance. I hope our season is able to get going sometime soon. I'd like to see live action with the AT18. How are you liking the one ounce end-load on the Marauder?
Bro, I sold my AT18 on SBF... The EL on Marauder feels a lot better than the AT18... It feels sweet on the dry swings... Waiting on a field to super dry up... it's been pouring out here... Looking forward to hitting it off my tee... :)

Mont 25

Addicted to Softballfans
Bro, I sold my AT18 on SBF... The EL on Marauder feels a lot better than the AT18... It feels sweet on the dry swings... Waiting on a field to super dry up... it's been pouring out here... Looking forward to hitting it off my tee... :)
Sounds great! Would love to see some video if you are able. Hurry up good weather! :)