2021 DB

MPT23

Putting on the foil
Changed the end cap, so the sweet spot is longer, definitely feels like a full 1oz endload. I suggest hitting about 25-50 52's to break it in then put it in your bag for games only.

Are you talking about the asa or utrip model ?

Cincy17

I took some bp with a 27oz, you can definitely feel the endload. It felt like a log to me personally and I didn’t like it.

superfli18

Addicted to Softballfans
I took some bp with a 27oz, you can definitely feel the endload. It felt like a log to me personally and I didn’t like it.
I like logs! Last years was OK but not the EL I was hoping for, kinda felt a little mid load to me. I like the EL to feel like its clear in the end cap lol! If this one is better, I may have to buy one!

LaserArm

Addicted to Softballfans
I like logs! Last years was OK but not the EL I was hoping for, kinda felt a little mid load to me. I like the EL to feel like its clear in the end cap lol! If this one is better, I may have to buy one!
Did you end up picking one of these up? How was the endload. I remember you and I having the same feeling about last year's as far as endload or rather mid load feel.

superfli18

Addicted to Softballfans
No, I wanted too but couldn't find one! Seems like they were very limited and sold out fast. Think the pandemic limited production.

superfli18

Addicted to Softballfans
Did you end up picking one of these up? How was the endload. I remember you and I having the same feeling about last year's as far as endload or rather mid load feel.
I finally got one of these! It def has EL! Has the sledgy feel of the 2015-16 dc41. LOVE IT! Turned around and ordered a second one! However, I will say for those who aren't use to a true FULL OZ EL.... I would go down an oz.

LaserArm

Addicted to Softballfans
I finally got one of these! It def has EL! Has the sledgy feel of the 2015-16 dc41. LOVE IT! Turned around and ordered a second one! However, I will say for those who aren't use to a true FULL OZ EL.... I would go down an oz.
That's awesome. I have one of the newly released ice and purple ones coming too. Have you hit it yet? How does it compare to other Demarini bats?

ShortYellowBus

To those who haven’t been aware of this, DeMarini “wrapped” these composite bats in an unorthodox manner. They indeed wrapped them in a way so the outer layer is laid down and the crease is covered by paint. After 100 swings, the outer paint surface begins to crack on the spot where the composite ends.

This composite gap shifting that creates the outer paint crack is normal, and it’s basically the easiest way to identify how broken in the bat is.

The nihilist and Nautalai bats are all made this way, and if you don’t see that paint crack, the bat isn’t broken in yet. Try harder balls perhaps, if you’re not satisfied with the performance.

superfli18

Addicted to Softballfans
That's awesome. I have one of the newly released ice and purple ones coming too. Have you hit it yet? How does it compare to other Demarini bats?
I havent hit it yet... and honestly prob wont till next spring. Winter is setting in. Only 2 games left this year and its going be down in the 40's this week... so I'll use one of my older bats in those games. But from what I've gathered its very similar to the black and green db44 just larger sweet spot. My black and green db44 is on par if not a little better than the red bat i had last year. So I have high expectations. As a side note, my 21 OG Naut with the comp handle has broken in nicely and strait gas right now as well. VERY VERY happy with current demarini products!

superfli18

Addicted to Softballfans
To those who haven’t been aware of this, DeMarini “wrapped” these composite bats in an unorthodox manner. They indeed wrapped them in a way so the outer layer is laid down and the crease is covered by paint. After 100 swings, the outer paint surface begins to crack on the spot where the composite ends.

This composite gap shifting that creates the outer paint crack is normal, and it’s basically the easiest way to identify how broken in the bat is.

The nihilist and Nautalai bats are all made this way, and if you don’t see that paint crack, the bat isn’t broken in yet. Try harder balls perhaps, if you’re not satisfied with the performance.
This is exactly what happened with my red bat last year. However, when that paint seam showed up, I had the bat tested and it was right on the line. About a month or so after that the bat busted! May have been coincidence.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Seams or "paint seams" have been happening on/with bats from all manufacturers well prior to recent releases and generally means they are on the verge of busting. Unfortunately it seems that it is acceptable as long as it means hot outa wrap, personally i think it sux paying for a bat that may or may not last one season. Just my 2 cent tho

Last edited: