2023 ASA/USA T Work Softball Bat Reviews

2oldShoe

Speaking of TPS...I had seen that you have had a green TPS Ritches Superior Senior bat ... curious what your thoughts are of it? 😇

UncleMosk

16 Swings Each w Point System

1pt: 1 Hopper
2pt: Gatecrasher
3pt: OTF
20230918_211848.jpg
Some newbies and an older that returned.

The Boss is a 30oz Tank. Seen that my board bro got some tracking and that side is hot, as for the other 3/4 still pinging. Finished last but still was fun too swing again. 7pts

The Pure Sidewider for initial swings of 16 only is what many have had said here and elsewhere about the potential of being the best Pure ASA. Consistent one hoppers and I see only upside with more swings. 10pts

The TPS Williams felt overall the best and delivered to finish 2nd with 2 gatecrashers. 11pts

The Evil just edged out the TPS with also 2 gatecrashers. The line drives on this are gas. Has more hits than the Sidewinder but for now clearly my favorite Pure ASA for today (lol) 12pts

Didn't stretch the shoulder as I should. Also coming down with either a sinus infection or some other illness. Did focus on squaring in which line drives were plenty.

Last edited:

UncleMosk

8 Swings

20230922_205749.jpg

DNA M5 Alloy with one over on last swing: 9pts

Evil has 2 gatecrashers but fell short: 7pts

TPS had the most consistent line drives, 1 GC: 5pts

Sidewinder: Ball felt like it would have done more. Still 5 one hops in 8 swings. 5pts

Was going to get in another 8 swings each but got chased by a soccer club who had permit. With bat could have taken a few out if needed but not worth it, lol.

UncleMosk

7 Swings

20230924_124612.jpg
Field was 310 and in between rains today got some swings in.

Only gatecrasher was the Sidewinder.

DNA: 6pts
Evil: 5pts
Side: 4pts
TPS: 4pts
Dunn: 4pts

UncleMosk

What's the feedback on the TPS vs the Pure and Monsta?
Since all are basically around the same swing count for feel the TPS on my swing gives the best feedback. No flex that I encounter and line drives that feel crisp. Need to focus on nothing but 52's with this as they are not built to hit the harder stuff. Will deliver if you want to hit them, but lifespan will diminish greatly. I'd say another 30 to 50 swings before true potential of this bat is seen.

The DNA alloy handle also minimal flex if any and responsive shell. The M5 Shell can take some time to get to true potential but early signs show a slight edge in this format. One that can take some 44's (not recommended) but I have done to another DNA Legacy to break in and was last years gamer and in bag this year.

The Evil Pure is my current fave of the line. Consistent through the barrel and when squared the ball moves. Sound lacking compared to the others. No flex to report on the handle as I think these barrels are soft in which counters any chance of the handle having flex. As for the Sidewinder with a 12" inch shell has a more pronounced crack compared to any larger length shell on the Pure line. Also has some raised graphics which could grab the ball for spin. This one has less swings than the above 4 but consistency in the format so far.

Hope this feedback answers some of your question.

Last edited:

duffman99

Since all are basically around the same swing count for feel the TPS on my swing gives the best feedback. No flex that I encounter and line drives that feel crisp. Need to focus on nothing but 52's with this as they are not built to hit the harder stuff. Will deliver if you want to hit them, but lifespan will diminish greatly. I'd say another 30 to 50 swings before true potential of this bat is seen.

The DNA alloy handle also minimal flex if any and responsive shell. The M5 Shell can take some time to get to true potential but early signs show a slight edge in this format. One that can take some 44's (not recommended) but I have done to another DNA Legacy to break in and was last years gamer and in bag this year.

The Evil Pure is my current fave of the line. Consistent through the barrel and when squared the ball moves. Sound lacking compared to the others. No flex to report on the handle as I think these barrels are soft in which counters any chance of the handle having flex. As for the Sidewinder with a 12" inch shell has a more pronounced crack compared to any larger length shell on the Pure line. Also has some raised graphics which could grab the ball for spin. This one has less swings than the above 4 but consistency in the format so far.

Hope this feedback answers some of your question.
Yes, thanks for the detailed information!

UncleMosk

18 Swings Each w Point System

20231006_211540.jpg

Been a while but an Easton took the night. The Dunn Deal scored on every swing and had the only OTF of the night plus 5 Gatecrashers. These Ghost line bats just have the right weight distribution IMO which suits my swing the best. This one seems to have just a little more pop than the other Ghosts I have, maybe will do an all Easton battle. 19pts

The TPZ Blue Canada came back to home after taking a tour with a Board Bro. The TPS just couldn't hang with its older sibling this time. The enload on the TPS may have contributed since I did pop a few for misses.

TPZ 16pts
TPS 12 pts

The DNA Alloy finished 3rd. Early swings were not pointing and came back strong on 2nd half. Solid Monsta Performer

The Pure Hellfire again just doesn't seem to have it. Maybe 3 balls were hit well and the PAD did its work but so far my least favorite Pure right now. 11pts

Last edited:

UncleMosk

10 Swings Each w Point System

20231013_221032~2.jpg

Precursor work before the Easton Showdown, next batch will have 2 other Eastons against some other newbies or older models.

Easton Obscura and Dunn Deal both with 10 pts and leading the pack tonight. Easton Salvo dually was ripping line drives but also had a few miss hits. Heaviest bat on the night may had something to do with it.

Pure HellValor with first swings with 7pts. Wishing more from these bats. Maybe it's me and just need more hits for truest potential. Still out of Wrapper competed well.

I tend to turn all bats on each hit to focus on hitting all sides of the barrel.
Wondering if the PAD on these PUREs are cylindrical or not?

Recap:

Easton Obscura: 10pts (1otf)
Easton Dunn Deal: 10pts (1gc)
Pure HellValor: 7pts
Easton Salvo: 4pts (1gc)

Last edited:

UncleMosk

17 Swings Each w Point System

20231016_215212.jpg

These late 2022 early 2023 Ghosts are not that bad folks. Real cheap now. For the price, get one, why not?

Anyways the Smack did just that by edging out the BellCorp with 1 point. Ball was popping well off both barrels
With the Bellcorp scorching the fence all night with 6 gatecrashers. Smack out did the Bell by having one OTF.

Anarchy Rebellion had 3 OTF but a few miss hits in which costed the win tonight. 19pts for 2nd place tie. Longest of night though.

Screenshot_20231016_224829.jpg

Pure Jericho a slight improvement over the Hellfire finished with 11pts. But to have Ghosts best this line says much IMO on where Pure sit within the ASA hierarchy. Somewhat disappointing.

Last edited:

UncleMosk

TPZ most consistent in Round with 1 OTF finished in top spot with 11pts.

Hellcat and Skybolt finished with 10pts each. Hellcat blasted 2 OTF and the Skybolt gatecrashed 4x. Need to add an all Pure swing off after the Easton one that I promised.

Insurrection finished with 9pts with 1 OTF and GC.

Supercell was right out of Wrapper with these swings and needs some work to get there. 5pts.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231023-224215_Maps Ruler.jpg
    Screenshot_20231023-224215_Maps Ruler.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 20231023_220112.jpg
    20231023_220112.jpg
    288.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

UncleMosk

ASA Pure Challenge

Pure Ripper designed by the one only BP Bat Flip had 2 gatecrashers to take top spot @ 9pts

Sidewinder and Jericho finished with 7pts with only a GC from the Jericho.

Skybolt and Hellfire Valor finished with 6pts.

Just can't seem to get distance from these except for the Ripper in which if the fence was 5ft and not 10ft would have had 1 gone over.

All perform similarly in which I rotated with 4, 3 and 3 swings each. Skybolt with the endload did have me Sky a few literally but short of the fence.

One thing is when squared the pad does its work and the velocity of the ball seems to hum. No radar to confirm but a hunch. Also many balls seemed to dance a bit in the air in which I think caused some lack of distance.

Did not have Evil with me. Maybe next time.

20231024_212000.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231024_220559.jpg
    Screenshot_20231024_220559.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 2

UncleMosk

Trial run before the Easton Double Elimination T Challenge.

The Smack had 1 OTF with 10pts followed by 1st Love Ghost Helmer Border Battle with 9pts.
Hell and Bell finished with 8pts and Dunn didn't have the deal tonight with 6pts.

Attachments

• 20231027_212608.jpg
    20231027_212608.jpg
    425.2 KB · Views: 4

UncleMosk

10 swings with point system
20231030_220508.jpg
Stiff wind @ times which hampered all in one swing or another. But the Boss was tonight's winner with 13 pts with 2GC's and 1OTF.

Monta Warthog finished 2nd with 8pts.

The Demo and Silverback finished 3rd with 7pts. Wind hampered the Silver on last swings in which none pointed on last 3 swings.

Z4 finished last with 6pts.

UncleMosk

7 swings each with point system.
Ties will get 3 more swings each.

HR=3pts, Fence=2pts
OneHopFence =1pts

Hellcat was best of the morning with 1 Gatecrasher.

The Obscura23 30oz is either a log or my swing speed has diminished quite a bit after the shoulder surgery. Still has one more chance to continue but doubtful.

BellCorp hit some nasty knucklers and looking @ the barrel it's webbing up quite a bit compared to other newer ones like the Smack and Dunn with similar swing count.
Screenshot_20231118_085123_Challenge Place.jpg

Next loser bracket set

Screenshot_20231118_120621_Challenge Place.jpg

UncleMosk

Loser Bracket Round

HR=3pts, Fence=2pts
OneHopFence =1pts

20231118_161955.jpg

Dunn Deal took care of business as predicted sending the 30oz Obscura home and out of the running.

Obscura 2022 got revenge besting the Smack model and send it home as well with 2 gatcrashers.

Screenshot_20231118_170100_Challenge Place.jpg

UncleMosk

HR=3pts, Fence=2pts
OneHopFence =1pts

Loser Bracket
Screenshot_20231119_202610_Challenge Place.jpg

Obscura 2022 on final 2 balls hit 2 OTF to send Dunn out of the competition.

Obscura will face the Bellcorp in which the Hellcat scored most in round of 7 so far in battle.

Pointed on every swing with 2 gatecrashers and an OTF.

Screenshot_20231119_202547_Challenge Place.jpg

20231119_171009.jpg

Bellcorp vs Obscura next in loser bracket with winner looking to double dip the Hellcat

UncleMosk

Loser Bracket

5 to 10 MPH winds pushing in.

Went into 2 rounds of extra balls in which the Obscura pulled away with a Gatecrasher and into the Finals against the Hellcat.
Screenshot_20231122_221745_Challenge Place.jpg

The Final Round used 10 balls each for point system.

The Obsura coming in hot took a 3 to zero lead. The Hellcat answered back to tie 3 to 3. Next 3 balls were the difference as the Hellcat did not score in which after 6 balls each the Osbscura had a 6 to 3 lead. The Hellcat could not catch up after the Obscura jumped to 11 points after its final 4 balls. The Hellcat scored 3 on last 4 balls but ultimately the Obscura took the win. 1 more match to determine the King of the Ghosts!

Screenshot_20231122_221829_Challenge Place.jpg