240 USSSA bats?

longball101

Part Time Player
After reading the U-trip update, posted the 9th, seems like the manufacturers are required to stop making the 220 bats as of January but they will still be legal

longball101

Part Time Player
USSSA Has changed this 3 or 4 times now. Here is the Latest (10/9/20):

usssa_stamp_480x480.jpg

Current USSSA Stamp: Now Legal Indefinitely!

These meet the 220 lb compression testing. Manufacturers can no longer make the Current 1.20 BPF USSSA Bats.

220 Bats will continue to be made for NSA but will not have a USSSA Stamp.

USSSA_Logos_on_Display_V2_highres_SP_NTS_150_480x480.jpg

The new 240 lb compression USSSA Bats with the NTS stamp (Left) will have less pop than the 1.20 BPF versions.

These are all that can be made moving forward.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
USSSA has been super confusing with this whole thing. They keep changing dates and releasing contradicting info. I don't think anyone really knows what's going on at this point.

I welcome the change to 240 bats, but I don't feel like its going to make a huge difference with Pro M balls.

longball101

Part Time Player
Looks like the old 220 bats will jump in cost since they are now legal indefinitely...maybe I need to adjust the Worth I have listed...lol

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
There are YouTube exit velo tests that show that a low compression number doesn't necessarily mean hotter.

20 lbs means nothing to me. I still can't decide if i want to sell or not though. My mpt has skulls on it and my 11" is an 11". If they make an 11" 240 I'll gladly sell.

rmp0012002

Addicted to Softballfans
If the new standard is 240 anywhere there is testing a 220 fails. I have never had a bat tested but want to have a 240 in my bag if needed.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
The new Easton fireflex bats have the new utrip stamps

Those and the 2021 Anderson bats are the only ones I've seen.

20 lbs means nothing to me. I still can't decide if i want to sell or not though.

I'll be having a fire sale in the fall of 2022; SPN (Canadian association) isn't grandfathering anything beyond Jan. 1st, 2023. :(

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
There are YouTube exit velo tests that show that a low compression number doesn't necessarily mean hotter.

20 lbs means nothing to me. I still can't decide if i want to sell or not though. My mpt has skulls on it and my 11" is an 11". If they make an 11" 240 I'll gladly sell.

I agree. Once a bat gets too "soft" it stops performing properly. I've had a few bats actually perform worse right before they break. Usually the sound changes and you get a ton of knuckleballs. The batted ball speed also noticeably decreases.

I don't think the switch to 240 bats is going to change anything. What I'm most curious about is if the 240 bats will be constructed to hold compression better, rather than dipping below 240 almost immediately, like the 220 bats do these days.

ShortYellowBus

I agree. Once a bat gets too "soft" it stops performing properly. I've had a few bats actually perform worse right before they break. Usually the sound changes and you get a ton of knuckleballs. The batted ball speed also noticeably decreases.

I don't think the switch to 240 bats is going to change anything. What I'm most curious about is if the 240 bats will be constructed to hold compression better, rather than dipping below 240 almost immediately, like the 220 bats do these days.
I’m not sure how they’ll get bats to hold compression other than regression to older composite models.

I expect non-linear bats to start creeping into USSSA bats.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Bat manufacturers could easily design and produce bats that hold compression. But why would they willingly do something that would hurt their sales if people are OK with replacing their $300 bats after 100 swings?

Instead of bats testing 240 out of the wrapper and quickly failing at 220, they're just gonna test at 260 new and quickly fail at 240.

Once the current stamp gets banned (they aren't grandfathering here in Canada) I'm seriously considering picking up a new-stamp Anderson Rocketech and never worrying about compression again.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
I expect non-linear bats to start creeping into USSSA bats.

I could see that happening if USSSA had done the right thing and mandated the Classic+, but thin walls and air gaps probably wouldn't play nice with the Classic-M/Pro-M on a cool evening.

ShortYellowBus

I could see that happening if USSSA had done the right thing and mandated the Classic+, but thin walls and air gaps probably wouldn't play nice with the Classic-M/Pro-M on a cool evening.
I was thinking about that trash Pure experiment with Carl’s fib in the barrel. That bat was a disaster.

I smashed that thing with 44’s and it was very disappointing.

But it never dropped in compression.