2nd Annual Coed Halloween Masquerade Tourney

buttah

Addicted to Softballfans
There will be another Coed Masquerade Halloween Tourney this year to help raise money for Isabella Faith Miller http://www.wishesforhelp.com/members/isabellafaithmiller.aspx. It will be Saturday October 30th @ City Park and maybe Clegg if we get enough teams. It will be $150 for teams in costume and $200 for teams without, 3 game guarantee, 6 to 10 arc with no fakes. There will be a grill, raffles, DJ same as last year. We will also be looking for donations again from food and drinks to prizes for the raffles. Please contact Keith Mackey ([email protected]), Charlene Cotter ([email protected]) or Christine Steinkamp ([email protected]) for info or with donations. Every little bit helps, last year everything was donated: Food, Drinks, Grill, Umps, Fields, Raffle prizes, Balls, DJ etc. so we were able to give 100% of the proceeds and we would like to do that again. We had 12 teams on short notice last year, would like 20 this year.

buttah

Addicted to Softballfans
4 teams in already:
Grogan/Marciannos
Cobra Kai
Prata Bar
Thompson Lumber

Get in early, I predict this fills fast. Great time last year watching everyone play in costume and a great cause. Team Hassa won it last year.

Last edited:

CoalCityCrusher

The Veteran
3 teams in already:
Grogan/Marciannos
Cobra Kai
Prata Bar

Get in early, I predict this fills fast. Great time last year watching everyone play in costume and a great cause. Team Hassa won it last year.

They better have the team dressed in Karate uni's, and someone better yell about there being no mercy in their Dojo

Shadow23

Addicted to Softballfans
There will be another Coed Masquerade Halloween Tourney this year to help raise money for Isabella Faith Miller http://www.wishesforhelp.com/members/isabellafaithmiller.aspx. It will be Saturday October 30th @ City Park and maybe Clegg if we get enough teams. It will be $150 for teams in costume and $200 for teams without, 3 game guarantee, 6 to 10 arc with no fakes. There will be a grill, raffles, DJ same as last year. We will also be looking for donations again from food and drinks to prizes for the raffles. Please contact Keith Mackey ([email protected]), Charlene Cotter ([email protected]) or Christine Steinkamp ([email protected]) for info or with donations. Every little bit helps, last year everything was donated: Food, Drinks, Grill, Umps, Fields, Raffle prizes, Balls, DJ etc. so we were able to give 100% of the proceeds and we would like to do that again. We had 12 teams on short notice last year, would like 20 this year.

What is the coed split? 8/2, 7/3, 6/4, 5/5? Let me know. Thanks.

buttah

Addicted to Softballfans
It will be be 6 and 4. No more than 2 guys in a row in the order. We use USSSA rules but all 3 associations send umps (NSA, USSSA and ASA). 1 runner per game per gender.

Cotter8

We landed on the moon!
c'mon Damon and Andy - you know you wanna play in this! You guys have bp all winter :D

And what about the Softball Junkies team? Some of you guys must know some girls who play. Let's get some of my fellow Mass players from the board down there this year. I promise it is a good time!!

buttah

Addicted to Softballfans
Add The Great Pumpkins. We are up to 5 teams with over a month to go, this should fill up, can only take 20 teams and all the money goes to a great cause. Also any raffle items, food, drinks, etc. anyone wants to donate would be greatly appreciated.

buttah

Addicted to Softballfans
All USSSA bats

We have 8 teams right now and at least 2 or 3 making sure they have enough players. We want to get to 20 teams, sign up early. Feel free to post a link to this on any other area boards like NY, Md, etc.
Teams In
Grogan/Marciannos
Prata Bar
Cobra Kai
Thompson Lumber
The Great Pumpkins
Penalty Box
Mr. Messenger
Grass Stains
B's Bomber's
It's 5 o'clock somewhere!
Gentle GYN
Twin Oaks

Last edited:

buttah

Addicted to Softballfans
Tourney Rules.
1. NSA Pitching rules (6’ – 10’ arc).
2. 1 – 1 count with 1 foul ball to waste.
3. Top team from each pool & 3 Wild Cards advance to Single elimination.
4. Tie breakers are (record, head to head, run differential, runs scored, coin flip)
5. 6 men – 4 women in the field, may bat 7 men – 5 women (not 7 men, 4 women).
6. Each team is allowed to bat 12 people, 10 people in the field plus a DH & EH. EH & DH can move to other positions.
7. A team is allowed to start a game with 10 players & add up to 12 after the game starts. Whatever a team starts with, they must finish with or it is an out in the order (less than 10 will be a forfeit).
8. All U.S.S.S.A. bats are allowed, except Miken Freak 98 and Freak Turbo.
9. No metal spikes.
10. Mercy rule will be as follows, except for the championship game, 20 run after 3 innings, 15 run after 4 innings, 12 run after 5 innings, home team always bats.
11. A player from an eliminated team can fill in for an injured player.
12. Each team will be allowed 1 courtesy runner per inning (same gender.
13. A 2 home run rule will be initiated, with an out after 2.
14. There will be no swearing on the ball field or in the dugouts.
15. If a player is ejected from a game for fighting, he/she will not be able to play the rest of the tournament, if he/she is ejected for any other reason, he/she will be allowed play the next game.
16. Awards will be as follows, Champion, MVP and Best Costume will receive a Trophy.
17. Please do not litter.
18. Please make checks payable to: The Isabella Miller Fund

Last edited:

Cotter8

We landed on the moon!
Keith, don't forget to add Donnie's and mine. No name yet but seeing that my brother is supposed to be flying in from Key West to play, maybe I'll let him name it.

buttah

Addicted to Softballfans
OK at 10 teams, lets get to 16 at least. Feel free to post this info on other boards.

buttah

Addicted to Softballfans
We are at 17, possibly room for 3 more. Trying to secure the 5th field so we can get to 20 teams.

gatesnapper

Addicted to Softballfans
if Cobra Kai needs a nice Gi, i have one. I bought it two years ago, worn once, it is the real one with real sewn on patches. $50

i paid $115

any needs a player PM me.

OF