$300 Bat Budget - Co-Ed League

low0r

The Veteran
So after reading the boards for several hours, I have come to one conclusion. You guys are *******s. Just like me. So im ready for my initiation beat in. Hence, my first comment being a new thread.

I play in a couple of co-ed leagues per week and I have been using other peoples bats. With Christmas coming up, Ive decided to ask for a new bat. Our team has two different bats that I use. A Freak FX700 ASA Balanced and a Psycho Flex. Ive went yard with both and more frequently with the Psycho. Im the only power hitter on our team, so im looking for a bat that will give me the capability to hit a homer at every bat. The question is, do I buy one great $300 bat or two mid-range bats?

Our league requires either a NSA sticker or ASA sticker. 5 home runs per game. I havent hit an endload bat yet, but I like the way they swing. Im a right hand hitter swinging a 27 or 28. Below are the bats Ive been looking at.

Filthy 120
NXT Freak Maxload
Freak FX700
Combat Avarice
Mutant 454

Thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!

figuringitout

Addicted to Softballfans
you are going to get a ton of different suggestions and people trying to sell you bats now lol. You are going to have to swing many bats out there and then make up your mind. Each person is a little different. If you pick up one of the "it" bats and dont love it you can trade/sell it here for something different. Eastons, louisville slugger z2000's, demarini flippers all have good resale here and have plenty of options too. you should be able to find one that fits your swing and performs extremely well. most people on here have had dozens of bats over the last couple years, it becomes fun to buy/sell/trade and try new bats out.

low0r

The Veteran
Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately, playing in a Co-Ed league means I dont have many options of testing out new bats. Most of the bats are walmart bats. Ive called every batting range in a 50 mile area and none of them have "demo days." Im also a golfer, so when you want a new driver, you go to any number of golf stores and they let you test out whatever you are interested in. I dont have that luxury in softball. Thats why im thinking two bats... This site plus ****** site has most of the bats between $145-$170, which is a little over budget but still doable.

And like the guy said, its just coed. Doesnt make me less competitive. haha.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
avarice..........................
but...........

with 300 bux to spend, you could get 3 good used bats.

my suggestions:

Mizuno Craze
Combat DS Plague
Miken DC-41

low0r

The Veteran
Oh and buying used is probably a no go. Unless they have a storefront. I have to send the link/links to my sister so she can order. She doesnt have paypal...

low0r

The Veteran
I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter what you swing.

Im pretty sure you are right. However, if I were still using my Dunlop driver that I bought 10 years ago, I would still be 30 yards shorter on drives than I am today.

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
So you are looking for a bat that allows you to hit a HR EVERY AT BAT?:rolleyes:

chicks_dig_the_long_ball_t_shirt-r10e512219673478c8fe704823fb5f26b_804gs_512.jpg

joesmoe2012

Insane Dedication
If your league allows nsa I'd either buy yourself your own Psycho since you already like it, and I'd buy a mint to new Scn2 Ri (or og if you really want it). You can get both for under 100 right now and you'll have beer money left over. I'm sure some guys still have em for sale niw.

pkc31887

Addicted to Softballfans
so if you can use a bat with the nsa OR the asa stamp, asa shouldnt be an option for what you are looking for. you're trying to entice these females with the long ball because we all know chicks dig the long ball. dont buy an asa bat if you dont have to use them. a lot of stores are selling the old bats because utrip is going to a new stamp, this doesnt apply to you and will let you pick up a bat at a discounted price. you can easily get 2 for 300 if you shop around correctly. whatever bat you get, put in some bp work with it. go to any of those cages within 50 miles you talked about.

i suggest buying from the store on sbf. those bats across the top of the page when you first go to forums. pick up a psycho flex like you are used to and the 2012 mizuno craze. thats $230 for the 2. way under your $300 limit. and both are good bats. craze has an odd feel imo but the distance is great.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
Oh and buying used is probably a no go. Unless they have a storefront. I have to send the link/links to my sister so she can order. She doesnt have paypal...

well then..................you are throwing away money. Find a board bro to be the middle man.
Hell Ill do it, just so you do not go pay retail!!!!!!!!!

if you must.....................SBF has some of the best deals going

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year
If you PM Coach or call the store and ask for Member pricing, they will give you a better deal than website shows.

NEWTODAGAME

Addicted to Softballfans

We'll need pics of said sister in order to give you a better analysis of bats

tmowell

Addicted to Softballfans
well then..................you are throwing away money. Find a board bro to be the middle man.
Hell Ill do it, just so you do not go pay retail!!!!!!!!!

if you must.....................SBF has some of the best deals going

^^^^^^this^^^^^^

low0r

The Veteran
So you are looking for a bat that allows you to hit a HR EVERY AT BAT?:rolleyes:

Damnit! I tried very carefully to word it so that it didnt come off like that. I meant in the sense that I didnt have to have the perfect swing/ball/conditions/apparel/genes/jeans/'brad pitt' looks/bat bag to HR like most of your cheap department store bats.

I failed.

Chrisklol

301' Bombs
300 bucks,
Get a
Scn17BH niw with receipt for 100bucks or less with new stamp
2013 stamped red tps catalyst can be "won" for around 50 bucks and are really hot.
mizuno blackout
thats 3 bats for under 300 bucks.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans

at the very least then order from here. it won't be used cheap where you can easily get 2 great bats, but at least you won't have to spend 300