31st Annual Snowball Classic

Meskin24

those arent pecks
All of this being said I had a ****ing blast was a lot of fun. We did play ASP/Billy Bobs after the incident I didn't even know it happened until reading it on here. All in all idk about glass bats honestly if there were cut bats I would of thought they'd bust pretty easy hitting stones in 30 degrees at 4am haha that's when we played asp first time and don't rember any busted bats then or in the second game.

I've heard sno-ball is a blast and this is why I have always wanted to play in it. But after last years incident which was a good buddy of mine who got hit and this year, I wont do it. He would still get the same amount of teams signing up if it was a bat provided tournament I would think. They do the BAT STOCK tournament here now. Both years have had more then 70 teams in it. Now that does have every class in it.

SmokeDK42

Addicted to Softballfans
Never said the tourny isn't fun. It's a blast. However it's gonna leave somebody dead or in a coma because JTaylor is money hungry and doesn't care about anything beyond that.

BlueDevil

Addicted to Softballfans
Idk I might be a minority here but if you play esp pitch you gotta be ready even when the bats are dirty if they are... Wear a mask and be ready to field your position. I saw less middle shots at this then most weekends. Granted it's a unlimited, still the select few who are ****s. I'll be back I know that much

DColeman28

A pitchers screen is a cheap easy quick fix. Imo

So does that mean that every batter that hits the screen is out? :confused::confused:

I'm not one to hit middle being a less than part time pitcher, but you have to be ready to field every pitch.. If its a safety issue with shaved bats and reaction time you may as well put a screen on the corners.. When you are afraid that is when s**t happens. Play the game and be ready at all times or go have milk and cookies at home and watch The Real World.

Last edited:

BWitt

Bat flipping with style!
Never said the tourny isn't fun. It's a blast. However it's gonna leave somebody dead or in a coma because JTaylor is money hungry and doesn't care about anything beyond that.

That might be the dumbest thing I have ever seen posted on this board. I do know for a fact that they barely turn into the black, after prize packages and everything else. By all means people, this isn't BLD.

SmokeDK42

Addicted to Softballfans
That might be the dumbest thing I have ever seen posted on this board. I do know for a fact that they barely turn into the black, after prize packages and everything else. By all means people, this isn't BLD.

Ummmm do what (said in a Rodney Carrington Voice)...

I am guessing what you are trying to say is they barely attain a profit margin off of this tournament after prize packages? LOL.

normally 70 teams, 3 prize packages, barely turns profit...hmmmm:thumb::suspicious::bs2:

BWitt

Bat flipping with style!
Ummmm do what (said in a Rodney Carrington Voice)...

I am guessing what you are trying to say is they barely attain a profit margin off of this tournament after prize packages? LOL.

normally 70 teams, 3 prize packages, barely turns profit...hmmmm:thumb::suspicious::bs2:

Let's not forget labor, hosting of fields, unsold concession merchandise, umpires, we could go on and on.

But they might see 3000-5000 in profits?

Maybe?

Ultimately whatever he does he will be judged and convicted from one side or the other, but by all means if UNICEF is running tournaments, send me the link.

BL18ok

Addicted to Softballfans
Let's not forget labor, hosting of fields, unsold concession merchandise, umpires, we could go on and on.

But they might see 3000-5000 in profits?

Maybe?

Ultimately whatever he does he will be judged and convicted from one side or the other, but by all means if UNICEF is running tournaments, send me the link.

Hosting of fields? The fields are the citys which are the ones putting on the tourney. I dont care one way or another, but dont defend them not making a profit. They charge to freaking park in that crap hole and to drink beer out of their cup. I'm sure they do just fine.

randb0311

OK SHOCKERS...
Look this is the 31st consecutive year for this tourney, Weve played in the rain, sleet and snow, no one has to play in it, not too many people gets paid to play in it..lol So if you don't want to play in it then don't come... Others of us will be there and have a blast even if we get hit while pitchin... Has nothing to do with J Taylor in any way and this tourney was going well before he took over with the same rules... .... You got Major players there that hit harder with a stock bat than others with shaved so you play at youre own risk anyway....