34 runs in one inning. ( my rant)

wolfer517

Addicted to Softballfans
was watching the windy city invitational today. pure sports scored 34 runs in the top of the first against resmondo.the bats have ruined the game.have a good day rant over.

p.s. glad I wasnt pitching

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
I had a game once where we scored 27 runs in the first inning. After 3 innings we were up 43-0, and the other team quit.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I think Pure used like 11 HR in the inning too. 300' fields with those balls and bats for those players is idiotic.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
We can have the bats or a decent ball, but I agree this is ridiculous. I don't play on either of these teams and I know it's crazy.

dunkky

pure don't even have john williams and flip washing on their squad. looks like they doing just fine without them.

final score??

pkc31887

Addicted to Softballfans
Parfitt is a great addition for their already great team. we played them in florida and then again this past weekend in chicago and they definitely have improved their chemistry greatly since the additions of branch and payne. Resmondo just ran into a good team that was on the bounce back after a loss.

blakcherry329

When you're on that level, doesn't almost any team have the potential for big innings, no matter who's on the team?

bigwignj

Addicted to Softballfans
Stop playing for families reason but just came back to the game literally this past weekend they just signed him. He was on the USA futures team his 2nd year ever playing softball. Won an A world championship with Woodlaw, I think and he was named Tournament MVP. Cannon Arm, runs like a deer, plays phenomal defense, hits the snot out of the ball.

Last edited:

dunkky

nice swing and power. i don't like gopro trick though. even my swing can launch a missile to the moon if video was taken with gopro. :)

trippy1313

Starting Player
I had a game once where we scored 27 runs in the first inning. After 3 innings we were up 43-0, and the other team quit.

Is that even fun as the winning team? We've had maybe a couple games where we'll score 10 runs in an inning and usually just end up switching to opposite hand or lightly swinging, going base to base, not to get out, but to ease up a bit if it's just obvious the other team doesn't have it that day.

Granted, we'll usually end up losing those games somehow. Haha.

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
Naw, it wasn't fun at all. We actually had to give them two outs in that first inning. They fielded nothing, caught nothing, misplayed everything in the first two innings. We were station to station after we were up 10-0, still didn't help.

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
Is that even fun as the winning team? We've had maybe a couple games where we'll score 10 runs in an inning and usually just end up switching to opposite hand or lightly swinging, going base to base, not to get out, but to ease up a bit if it's just obvious the other team doesn't have it that day.

Granted, we'll usually end up losing those games somehow. Haha.
I remember a game where we were up like 15 runs or so, and we started screwing around to let them back in so we could keep hitting. We ended up losing by 10 runs or something, because we screwed around too much and couldn't finish what we started.

JN137

Never had anything quite like that, but I always remember a game a few years back - It was the first game of the season and we were up 17-0 in the top of the first. I always laugh because after the game I told a buddy "I went 3 for 3 tonight... in the 1st" lol

saintrules

If the other team is capable of scoring, I don't think there's anything wrong with putting a beating on them inning to inning...they can give it right back. I've seen teams go station to station scoring 20 in an inning, only to have their opponent score 15 the next and comeback as the game goes on.

If the other team is bad, you know what bad looks like, then running the score up is just wasting your time. Get more AB's in, maybe work on situational hitting, and use it as a practice.

bigwignj

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah I was reading all about that on the old scout. My mistake, I was under the impression that pure and Monsta where basically the same teams just under different names for the bats they use for the association.

dunkky

one guy makes that much of difference? you add harvey to that team, still would not make that team a major team. I have no doubt he is damn good, but there's no way you take him over both JW and flip who are considered top major players now. Just go look at their stats and what SIS has been doing since their joining.

camjo23

Addicted to Softballfans
Parfitt is a good player....but hasn't played steadily in the Conference for a while....Pure should be able to sign him....