3G Sports Shorts

davis2001r6

4 The Fallen - Europe
So for those of you that got in on the initial buy-in for the 3G Sports Shorts what do you all think now?

My impression after a week or two is that the elastic just a bit tighter than the Elite shorts making them fit about a size small.

Anybody else think the same thing?

I'm getting ready to do a team order and was hoping to here some opinions on sizing after people may have washed and dried them a few times.

-TIM

Last edited:

sjury

The Old Man
The elastic is good, I hate my pants sliding down my butt. If you looked at his initial offering, I said I wear 36 in pants and he said his XL was 36-38. With Worth 36-38 is a large, as well as other companies. I would say order up a size. I got mine on the first batch and they are still GTG.

dford42

Addicted to Softballfans
yeah no issues with mine. Ive only worn one pair, but I did use them to workout and theyve been through the wash with no issues. I wear a 34-36 and got XL and had no issues with sizing.

davis2001r6

4 The Fallen - Europe
Yeah I'm a 36 in Jeans, 38 in Boombah pants, XL in Elite shorts. The sizing seems that same as the Elites, just tighter elastic at the top is all.

davis2001r6

4 The Fallen - Europe
Our team shorts came in. Gregg was awesome to deal with. Can't beat Custom shorts for $20 a piece. We ordered 98 pair in all for our travel tourney team. I can't say enough how great the process was from start to finish. We had just sent a few pics of logos and Gregg did the rest.
IMG_2278.thumb.jpg

IMG_2279.jpg

IMG_2281.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

davis2001r6

4 The Fallen - Europe
Yeah we couldn't be happier how they turned out. The Navy ones are in the mail. The sample pair we got of those are even better. They should be here any day now.

sjury

The Old Man
Unfortunately, he cannot advertise the shorts on here anymore. Since SBF sells micro fiber shorts they deemed micro fiber shorts as competition, the guys from Elite cannot sell there's here either, that's why you don't see the normal advertisements for them. Same thing happened to Spiderz Batting Gloves, as soon as SBF offered them, they took off all the individual reps.

I still have my 4 pair and they are as good now as when I got them several months ago.

sjury

The Old Man
I dont see where on the store theyre selling microfiber shorts?!?!

Really?? They sell Demarini, Under Armor, and Nike. I know what you're going to say, because it has been argued by Elite and Gregg at 3G...and per SBF, microfiber shorts are in direct competition with SBF sale of the Demar, UA and Nike shorts. :confused: I know, I don't get it either.

davis2001r6

4 The Fallen - Europe
With that logic isn't every uniform manufacturer that advertises on here direct competition? I'm not trying to get into the middle of it, but just wanted to get the word out for them that they make some legit shorts. I was a bit worried with a new company and large order. But between my two teams we've ordered over 150 shorts and been very pleased with Gregg and his work.

bigballs21

Banned User
Really?? They sell Demarini, Under Armor, and Nike. I know what you're going to say, because it has been argued by Elite and Gregg at 3G...and per SBF, microfiber shorts are in direct competition with SBF sale of the Demar, UA and Nike shorts. :confused: I know, I don't get it either.

I saw the Worth and under Amrour ones. I think other companies should be able to sell theirs.

OnlySolo

You mad?
With that logic isn't every uniform manufacturer that advertises on here direct competition? I'm not trying to get into the middle of it, but just wanted to get the word out for them that they make some legit shorts. I was a bit worried with a new company and large order. But between my two teams we've ordered over 150 shorts and been very pleased with Gregg and his work.

They will all be gone soon.

oakleydude44

Geaux Time!

I don't think SBF is dealing in uniforms just yet. WHen they do start doing so, then the uniform section will be gone....that has been mentioned a few times on various threads.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I saw the Worth and under Amrour ones. I think other companies should be able to sell theirs.

Other companies are absolutely welcome to talk to Coach about carrying their products in his store. Anything other than that is prohibited. You can't run your business off of SBF's bandwidth any longer. I don't understand why that's hard to comprehend?

Everyone says they should be able to pay a fee to sell here. Yeah, they can, it's called negotiating a deal with Coach to sell them in the SBF store. Anything other than that is out of bounds.

sjury

The Old Man

Not the Custom ones, and like Oakley said, SBF is working on offering custom shirts, pants. etc... once that happens the Logos, Uniforms Section will be gone. They've been talking about it for years.

I understand your point, but unfortunately neither you or I own the website. SBF sells a lot of gear and they don't want competition on their own site. I understand why that is.

davis2001r6

4 The Fallen - Europe
I put in another order with Gregg. These are even better than the first, better pockets. If you had the first ones you'll know what I mean.
IMG_3024.jpg

GTG guy here.

davis2001r6

4 The Fallen - Europe
I don't think so, and with it being elastic there is a lot of play. I'm 5' 10", 215lbs and an XL fits. I had both XL and XXL in the first set and liked the XL better.

sjury

The Old Man
I've had the same shorts for months and they are as comfortable as ever. The elastic on mine is tight enough to keep the shorts on my a$$ when I got a wallet and cell phone in the pocket but not so tight it's uncomfortable. I got mine in the first batch, my only issue with the pockets is they flip inside out in the washer.

Gregg is GTG in my book

Kaji

Addicted to Softballfans

Where in the SBF store are microfiber shorts?

oakleydude44

Geaux Time!

Doesn't really matter any more.........from the updated Forum Rules:

"New Product Sales

Buying, Selling or Trading of any New softball related products (bats, gloves, apparel, softballs, etc.) is forbidden. The old rule of only items the store sells no longer applies and covers all items. Any violation of this rule may result in a permanent ban from the community or an infraction given and offending threads will be deleted.
The forums are funded by the store and they are not making any money from vendors coming in and selling product to members.
SBF staff has discretion to remove any posts or members if they are a vendor or working with a vendor using SBF as a place to move product."

sjury

The Old Man

^^^ This guy found them.

Quoting something I posted from April, when they had them? A little late on that one, plus they still have some women's shorts left, and see what Oakley said above. Fortunate for Gregg at 3G he does a good job embellishing them.

chuck gossow

Pacific Headwear Dealer
So for those of you that got in on the initial buy-in for the 3G Sports Shorts what do you all think now?

My impression after a week or two is that the elastic just a bit tighter than the Elite shorts making them fit about a size small.

Anybody else think the same thing?

I'm getting ready to do a team order and was hoping to here some opinions on sizing after people may have washed and dried them a few times.

-TIM
greg,
can you please shoot me a email address regarding these invoice. i have sent you several reminders.
thanks chuck gossow [email protected]