40+ to start 1-1 for 2017

FIZGIG

Dead fish go with the flow!!!!
Looks like they want to speed up the game for the 40+ teams in SSUSA for 2017. They should do this for every division especially the older cats that watch great pitches go by to hit a ball.

marcster13

Addicted to Softballfans
The thing is they went to 1 n 1 with no foul. This will change the game for those little fellas who look like they are battling to win the world series by fouling a ball off to stay alive. Lol

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
I hate 1 and 1 pitching and hitting. There are other ways to speed up the game. There is more time wasted between innings than all the time use up by batters that take the first pitch.

marcster13

Addicted to Softballfans
Lol Lots more pitchers will get blown up with no foul. Would not want to pitch. Guessing more 40's teams will try to play 5 man to protect the pitcher.

KoolAid

I think that this is a good idea to speed up the game. With the ASA arc guys should still be able to hit the ball fair without fouling out. Most of the other associations do the 1 and 1 start. Does this solve the problem? No, but it helps.

milesej05

The Rookie
Really? Who actually starts with a 0-0 count anymore?

Some leagues around here still allow a courtesy foul, leagues need to get rid of that as well!!

Dogue

Evil Genius
I hate that some places have the courtesy foul too, but more because I can't keep track of the rules at different places more than I'm bothered by the pace of play.

I'm still amazed at how many pretty good hitters I've seen foul out (mostly going oppo) when they know they need to put a ball in play...I'd rather see you hit a ground ball or pop-up than foul out.