.52 275 womens balls

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I wasn't even aware that NSA had switched the womens balls to .52 275, but we played coed today and saw them for the first time. I feel bad for women having to hit these. Noticeably less speed and distance off the bat, and the women were quickly getting frustrated trying to get any distance with them.

The few women who were legit power threats weren't with these balls. IMO it will probably suck the fun out of playing for them. As a guy I don't mind the .52 275, but I think it's overkill to mandate it for women too.

ss612

Star Player
Less fun in the name of safety! My rec league has enforced pitching screens in all rec leagues. After a season with the screens I wish NSA tourneys would use them if we could go back to .44 400. Those were the days.

GrinningBear

World's deadliest house husband
Not to mention the cost if the teams are providing the balls. A lot of teams have gotten away with fewer, less expensive balls for the girls because very few girls in lower levels are power threats. That's not misogynistic--place hitting or humpback liners aren't affected by the ball. And if the ball's staying in the park except fouls you don't need dozens of 11" to go with dozens of 12".

It's counterproductive to use bad balls, though, as girls who played D1 college or even stood out on the high school level can consistently put charges into the ball and hit hard gappers that roll into or even one-hop the fence. I'm not talking serious tourney teams. This is a mix of talent at the lower levels where there are few homeruns from the females. Most girls I've seen that could flat out play would generally play on more league teams than waste their time on weekend tourney bull****.

Yeah the girl's balls suck now.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
That's a bummer for sure. Like I've stated prior, I don't mind the .52 300 ball for men. Good hitters still shine with those balls. I think the women should still get to hit the balls they were prior, .47 400s for NSA.

I played 6 games of coed yesterday and didn't see one ball hit really hard by a woman all day. Lots of wounded ducks and lots of pissed off women wondering why their swings were suddenly not producing.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
I am a firm advocate of the 52 but why do women have to hit them too? I don't think I've ever seen or heard of a woman hitting or hurting anyone with a hard 11" ball. The harder balls are easier to hit further for them indeed and I strongly believe they deserve advantage of a harder ball so outfielders can't just come camp at the edge of the dirt.

Ballisttic

Star Player
All the coed league fields around here have a white chalk line across the out field at the 200' mark and the outfielders have to stay behind it untill after a female hits or its a automatic single.
Everyone uses the same softball.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
All the coed league fields around here have a white chalk line across the out field at the 200' mark and the outfielders have to stay behind it untill after a female hits or its a automatic single.
Everyone uses the same softball.

NSA coed doesn't have that line in the OF. You have to be in the grass, but you can play anywhere you want.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I think more local leagues have the coed line than not.

Yeah, and I see why they do. Most local leagues don't switch out balls for the women. It gives the women a fair chance to get base hits, rather than having 8 people at the edge of the IF waiting to throw them out.

nutmegs

IDGAFOS
Yeah, and I see why they do. Most local leagues don't switch out balls for the women. It gives the women a fair chance to get base hits, rather than having 8 people at the edge of the IF waiting to throw them out.
I agree. I actually have wondered why women still even have to hit the 11 inch ball. Why not allow them to hit a normal sized ball, just make that ball 44/400. or 47/525. Hitting a smaller ball puts them at a disadvantage.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
There are a handful of women in CO who can hit the 11" .47 400 ball over 300' fences semi regularly. With the .52 275 ball they weren't even coming close. It was sad and they were frustrated to say the least.

An 11" ball is absolutely an advantage for women. Go hit an 11" Classic W versus a 12" Classic M and come back here and say you didn't hit the 11" ball farther. One of the girls on my team hit a 320' homerun in our first tournament of the year with an 11" ball. Only person I've seen clear the fence in 3 years. I completely think the 52 cor ball for women is asanine and reduces their competitiveness.

KyGent12

Addicted to Softballfans
We had a girl hit one out using a 52. Field is 285 but she hit it atleast 300. Notice some differences using the 52s compared to the 44 but the good players still hit them fine. We use Trump Stotes on our team

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
We had a girl hit one out using a 52. Field is 285 but she hit it atleast 300. Notice some differences using the 52s compared to the 44 but the good players still hit them fine. We use Trump Stotes on our team

Girl must be a masher. A few women around here hit fairly hard, and they weren't able to get anything on these 11" .52 balls. Synthetic trumps. They seemed really dead.

Tattoo's were the only 11" 52 cor ball I could find. I have Trump Stote 44/375 and 47/400's. Or was she hitting a 12" 52 cor Trump?

nutmegs

IDGAFOS
An 11" ball is absolutely an advantage for women. Go hit an 11" Classic W versus a 12" Classic M and come back here and say you didn't hit the 11" ball farther. One of the girls on my team hit a 320' homerun in our first tournament of the year with an 11" ball. Only person I've seen clear the fence in 3 years. I completely think the 52 cor ball for women is asanine and reduces their competitiveness.

you missed the point but ok

you missed the point but ok

Then your point wasn't clear enough. The poster you qouted was talking about the coed line being enforced BECAUSE they do not switch the balls. Meaning the women can't hit the 12" ball as far so they are at a disadvantage. Give them an 11" ball to hit and you wouldn't need a coed line because they would have a fair shot at burning any outfielder that played too far in.