.52 balls- Have they made you a better hitter?

FAT JESUS

More than likely
I'm not sure I follow how it's less rewarding.

So a 52 in the summer feels good off the bat? Another nice try. Dont tell me about spinning it either, I know all about it trust me. That ball feels like **** and you know it. Why don't they use it in the conference? Its just as rewarding, then the guys that get paid to play should love it right? Wrong.

THESHOE

Starting Player
I like the 52.

Makes the game a real game now.

A pure hitter still mashed them out, but gone are the BS goners from weak pop ups and poor contact leaking out from hitting composite bats and stadium balls in small rec league parks.

I prefer the 52. The sluggers are sluggers, and the slap hitters are nothing but. No more weak hitters popping up a ball out of a small park in rec league. Gotta earn it now with clean hits.

Now plays are being made to score and defend. Which is the point of the game.

But I guess all the sleeve wearing dbags can't hit out the Hot Dots out and can't use their brain to score runs hitting for average, so :crying:

I still play in a Grey Dot league, and frankly, it isn't as fun of a game as everyone gets hits even on poor contact with those and the modern Utrip bats.

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year
Nope, another poor attempt. Laps for all you post count nerds, take em together, it will save time.

At what? I responded to the OP, not you. New thing they just came out with called, quoting. See how I quote the post I'm responding to?

FULKnSEEDS

Addicted to Softballfans
So a 52 in the summer feels good off the bat? Another nice try. Dont tell me about spinning it either, I know all about it trust me. That ball feels like **** and you know it. Why don't they use it in the conference? Its just as rewarding, then the guys that get paid to play should love it right? Wrong.

Not sure what you're saying here. I agree they don't feel good or sound good but they do perform BETTER than a classic m in 90+ degree heat. I'm to the point that I'd rather hit the 52 ball. Which is good bc I play mainly NSA. Classic m's are fun in the cold but I'd prefer the ball to have consistent performance year round. Just my 2 cents. Perhaps I should take a lap :rolleyes:

THESHOE

Starting Player
The more Fat Jesus posts the more I agree with Joker's post of the crying baby...

And you know hell freezes over if I have to start agreeing with Joker on things... :D

Seriously man, the 52 puts emphasis on good hits and helps because most leagues/tourneys don't even run in full sized parks.

This past weekend we had a downwind game in a tourney where it was a struggle to keep the 52 in the park and there was a 2 HR max limit. I am sure that kind of game would be "so fun" to play with the 40/400 they used to use.... When you piece a gap shot and it floats out of the park for an out because your 2 HRs were burned 1st inning.

FAT JESUS

More than likely
Not sure what you're saying here. I agree they don't feel good or sound good but they do perform BETTER than a classic m in 90+ degree heat. I'm to the point that I'd rather hit the 52 ball. Which is good bc I play mainly NSA. Classic m's are fun in the cold but I'd prefer the ball to have consistent performance year round. Just my 2 cents. Perhaps I should take a lap :rolleyes:

Not sure what classic M you hit but the Thunder we hit in the midwest felt way better than any 52 last summer, no lap for you, not necessary. :D

FAT JESUS

More than likely
The more Fat Jesus posts the more I agree with Joker's post of the crying baby...

And you know hell freezes over if I have to start agreeing with Joker on things... :D

Seriously man, the 52 puts emphasis on good hits and helps because most leagues/tourneys don't even run in full sized parks.

This past weekend we had a downwind game in a tourney where it was a struggle to keep the 52 in the park and there was a 2 HR max limit. I am sure that kind of game would be "so fun" to play with the 40/400 they used to use.... When you piece a gap shot and it floats out of the park for an out because your 2 HRs were burned 1st inning.

Whaaaa, Im crying, whaaaa.......So you want a mush ball to protect against wind aided hr's in Rec/E? Im the one crying? If your "Gap shots" are "floating out of the park", why don't you play up Johnny Ballgame?

THESHOE

Starting Player
Because they play in parks closer to 400ft middle or more, with full sized diamonds and to put on a show for fans and possibly even ESPN coverage or streaming?

If you are playing with a 52 in their size ballpark, then I might agree it is BS.

But judging by all the complaining about a ball, you're no conference hitter, so I'd say it belongs in rec.

Why don't they use it in the conference?

THESHOE

Starting Player
So I can hang out with Dbags all weekend and have the same thing happen anyways?

No thanks. Unless I am A/B, I will stay where I am with people I enjoy drinking beer with.

Go ahead and take your penile extensions hitting stadium balls out of 300ft parks, probably using hotter ASA bats too.... :biggthumpup:

Whaaaa, Im crying, whaaaa.......So you want a mush ball to protect against wind aided hr's in Rec/E? Im the one crying? If your "Gap shots" are "floating out of the park", why don't you play up Johnny Ballgame?

FULKnSEEDS

Addicted to Softballfans
Not sure what classic M you hit but the Thunder we hit in the midwest felt way better than any 52 last summer, no lap for you, not necessary. :D

Zn's. Idk. If I'm free swinging in bp, when I'm pickin my hr balls up it seems the 52s aren't much different from almost any ball in the heat really. Aside from the 525s mixed in the bag. I will say though, that I cut the crap out of the ball so my swing goes well with these balls and don't see much of a difference other than my line drives hanging up longer.